It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What People Talk About

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I had a conversation with Granny and she got me thinking.

Theres a difference in what ordinary people talk about, whats on the regular news, whats on the conspiracy news, what science talks about and what politics talks about.

Its like everybody lives on different planets.

Ordinary people talk about other people.
Regular news talks about how things are the way they ought to be or not.
Conspiracy news brings up forbidden topics that ought to be ordinary.
Science ought to be informing politics but I think its the other way around.

We all stay on-topic wherever we go.
Science does not discuss public consent.
Religion does not discuss settling matters or public policy.
Partisans for ideologies scream foul at each other never getting anywhere.
Labels substitute for reasons.

It all seems SO .... shallow.

What ever happened to wisdom ? Whered it go ? Have we lost it ?

sarc

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarcastic

It all seems SO .... shallow.

What ever happened to wisdom ? Whered it go ? Have we lost it ?

When the average person opens their mouth to speak, too commonly more then they should, they give no forethought to what will be said. They mostlikely already have a preprogrammed redorick that they want to deliver upon you like you're the one person standing in front of their soapbox. To someone with inteligents this can seem quite shallow. In many ways it is, however...

Sure you can stand there in front of the soapbox conserning yourself with the over preformed lacklustered speach being given, or you can use that energy to listen ever more.

People when they speak say things on many many levels that if you're too busy focused on "shallowness" of it all you'll miss out.

There's ways of delivering each word that shows truth behind entent. There's phyical gestures. There's vocalizations. There's word choce and usage. I could go on with this list.

Each one of these things gives the knowing mind a wide open window into the soul/being/charactor of the person speaking. If you keep observant you'll see things they would never want to show you.

They are standing naked with wide open windows but you over interlectualize it by thinking it is shallow they keep you on the outside looking in. You can clearly see everything for nothing his hidden, you can see much more then if they invited you in.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think Gandhi put it best when he said "You must be the change you wish to see in the world".

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If we're going to be the change which we want to see in the world, does that mean we claim more or less resources, influence and / or power?

How do deceit and trickery fit in ? They're all over the place.

Whos entitled to be deceitful? Whos entitled to make up a truth and call it somebody's obligation?

I guess Im just tired of being told what to do and where to get off.

sarc

sarc

top topics

join