It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the Zeitgeist Challenge

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

Yes, he did lose his temper, righteously, the money changers turned the temple of God into the world's first flea market.

Secondly, when did Jesus disobey his parents? He CONSTANTLY did the will of His Father, that's all He did.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
"......This was greatly due to the instigation of influential leaders like Constantine the Great, who was a Zeus worshipper, and who purportedly converted to Christianity. It was also a natural process as a result of the infiltration of followers of the sun god, Zeus, into the Christian ranks. Even the name of their pagan idol 'Zeus' was applied to their new-found Jewish Messiah - and Y'Shuah (the abbreviated transliteration of YAHU'SHUAH), became "Y'Zeus" or Je-Zeus - which became 'Jesus' in English (NOTE - the middle 's' is pronounced as a 'z'). In other languages, it took on various other forms.

A similar pagan influenced name-shift has been retained to this day in the KJV translation of Luke 4:27, where it refers to the prophet "Eliseus' and an event recorded in 2 Kings 5:14 (according even to the KJV reference version). This prophet's Hebrew name, however, was 'Eli'Shuah', which means "God is my Salvation" (as Y'SHUAH means "YAH is Salvation" or "YAH the Saviour"). Exactly the same as the pagan influence changed Y'SHUAH to "Y'Zeus" - ('Jesus' - phonetically 'Jezus'), so also Luk 4:27 reflects the change of "Eli'Shuah" to "Eli'Zeus' ("My God is Zeus")!....."

Whole article at www.revelations.org.za...

So according to the source above, the original Hebrew names were changed during translation. I don't think there's any way to really prove, or disprove, that Jesus existed.

I should maybe add that although I believe in a higher intelligence I'm not of any particular regligious faith.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I made it to the 2nd page of this thread and thew up. If you are a true beleiver you would not question or have to defend the 1 true GOD. Jesus is the savior of man if you dont think he is then enjoy hell, I here its hot.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I read a lot of great intelegent comments along with very ignorant and un educated ones.

True faith is very special and should not be demined by anyone as to noone is perfect and do not have the right to think that they or their thoughts are better than others.

True faith is one thing, but if your faith is not enough and you must justify your religious beliefs and your form of religion, then I believe it is not faith that you have, but the belief that you were born into. Please ask yourself and be very truthful to yourself when you answer " If I were born in a different family with a different belief and religion, would I still choose this religion?"

The fact is, all religions in the world are not perfect, they all have flause and weaknesses. If you do not believe this then you are lying to yourself.

Faith is great and can bring people together with guidance can do great work. Unfortunately Faith is also dangerous. Blind faith can give people false guidance and do great horror. It is up to us to take faith and do good. But it is up to us to question false guidance from leaders who mis-understands the teachings.

Now read the entire book or books of your religions and do good.

There is noone on earth that is perfect and can pass judgement. There is only one that can judge anyone.

I will not respone to any ignorant replies.
But if you do think that your religion is perfect, please tell us.
I know people are asking what is perfect? Exactly!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This challenge and the facts supporting the anti-ZG point of view are as poorly researched and supported as ZG itself.

The argument as proposed is slanted and worthless.

Keep your $200.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
WOW! This pathetic thread is still going after all this time? Good God! I just checked my subscriptions on a whim and here it is. I can't believe all the suckers out here giving this guy any credence at all. What a waste of my time. We are obviously dealing with either an irrational human being, or a paid one. In either case, I will not let this thread consume an ounce more of my time. Other than to put my two cents in...

What do YOU care what other people think OP? What is your motivation for this thread? Are you paid to do this kind of thing? If so, by whom (not that I care)?

Honestly, it truly doesn't matter what you take away with you as long as it's (Zeitgeist's) goal is met. Have you even seen every bit of both movies? Do you know where THEIR motivation lies? Do you LIKE being controlled? Do you LIKE being lied to? Do you LIKE monetarianism? What has corrupt money given YOU lately?

Personally, I couldn't care less if you answered any of these questions or not, as I am deleting useless threads from my subscriptions anyway. Yet, I would suggest that you first watch your subject matter in its entirety before making an utter fool out of yourself again. And if you have, and you still don't like their message and/or goal, then either a "Shame on You" is necessary, or I can assume you didn't understand most of what was said. In that case, you might want to get a dictionary, put it by your side, and watch them again with your finger over the pause button. Of course, there's always the possibility that you're a shill placed here by the corporatocracy - jackal perhaps(?)...if so, I await your visit with fervent anxiety (/spit), as I assure you, I will not utter another word.

Moderators: I don't think this is over the top, and I am going on op-precedented tactics here. If it isn't kewl, so be it. Ciaou'

[edit on 20-12-2008 by lagnar]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

M8 you can't ask for prove of something that can't be proven... in my opinion you are the kind of religious ppl no1 can talk to... but if you really opened some books.. and specilly one.. "The book" i think you notived alot of inconsistency.. so let it be we didn't make the movie so we don;t need to prove anything to you.. seams to me like you need to prove something to yourself.

P.S> The Bible was the first mass-control device evermade... I want the story of Judas to be in it for example.. (look at Niceea convent and how the Bible was made) and you will see that a hand full of ppl made the Bible what it is today. IF the Bible would be fair all would have been included.. but it's not.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Nor-Cal
Ok im sittin here listenin to both sides of this arguement...Not eithier side has any serious evidence but a bunch of storys and hersay..I seen Zietgiest and was pretty impressed with the information givin...

Impressed?
If you were impressed, then you didn't check the facts -

It makes numerous false claims, such as :

* Council of Nicea choosing the books of the bible

* Mithras born of virgin on December 25th

etc.

Anyone who actually CHECKS the claims made in Zeitgeist (part1) will find they are mostly false.

But sadly, hardly anyone bothers to check - they just believe it because they saw it in a video - sad, really....

K.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Gday all,

Originally posted by Pilgrim1980
look at Niceea convent and how the Bible was made

The Council of Nicea had NOTHING to do with "making the bible", or choosing the books of the bible.

This legend is one of the most common false claims on the internet.

K.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

"Jordan Maxwell has been exposed as a fraud. He's not taken seriously by any legitimate scholars."
It's not enough to make this statement then go running into the night like a door bell ringing 10 yr old. Evidence please. Who has exposed him and why. We need books or wesites and the names of your "legitimate scholars".
Might they be the ones paid by the establishment to support the matrix of lies that surrounds all of us?
Maybe they are fair dinkum but we need NAMES AND ADDRESSES.
Or, we could just watch the sky around the end of December, even an astronomy web page would confirm that the sun does what it does, that would convince me, or have the conspiracy theorists rigged the motions of the planets as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Or, we could just watch the sky around the end of December, even an astronomy web page would confirm that the sun does what it does, that would convince me, or have the conspiracy theorists rigged the motions of the planets as well.

Um, what?

Kapyong

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
lol the creater of the movie had to have saw this coming.

There's this horribly typical thing that almost all people do without thinking - and that is they pick a side. This is a flawed Human characteristic.
Lets be logical - there is really No way you can prove Jesus' existance, but you can't prove he didn't. Somehow religion has lasted throughout the ages because of this. And it's #ing stupid.

What i don't get is why must you all get so hung up on this part?! If you don't agree with it, Fine. You CAN fast-forward, you know? Sure there are things i didn't agree with, but that doesen't mean i'm going to "refute" it.

The main message is Humanity is in a horrible state and we have the power to change that. If you still want to pray, i encourage you to do so. But please don't be so biased you ignore the whole movie because they said nasty things about your saviour...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

What you are not taking into consideration here is that, which one of these says that the people committing the atrocities are committing them in the name of atheism?? None! The ones that were committed in the Name of God were in fact for that purpose.

The Deaths in China were not each person going around and saying I am going to kill you because I am an atheist hear me roar! They were like any other not in the name of God.

You snuck into my house and tried to rape my daughter in the night, now I kill you on my door step, I think the subject in question here has eluded you. Where does it say these people were killing just for the pure fact of pushing atheism onto others??

Many of the people in China had a belief system they just happened to kill people not in the name of their God, or Moral/belief system.

250 BC: Qin ruler adopts Legalism
230-221: Qin rulers gain control of majority of China
221-210 BC: The Reign of the First Emperor
Construction of the Great Wall
214 BC: Beginnings of Imperial expansion.
210 BC: A Terra Cotta Army is Built to Guard the Emperor's Tomb
213: The Burning of the Books (trying to eradicate Confucianism a belief system)
206 BC: The Imperial Library is destroyed.

200 BC: Hsiung-nu lay siege to the emperor.
191 BC: End of the prohibition against books.
155-130 BC: Liu Teh develops a library of old, especially Taoist (a belief system), texts.
140-87 BC: Reign of Emperor Wu Ti.

Just to start you off in history

[edit on 25-12-2009 by vendettarwb]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Originally posted by Nola213

Originally posted by ken10
The problem is even in the 21st century some people are still unable to live life through their own morals and common sense, and cannot trust their own judgment. They constantly seek approval and pats on the back Just like a dog serving its master.........No wonder the term sheeple is used.

Imho the sooner religion is dumped the sooner we as a world can unite as one.

100% agreed, more blood has been shed in religious wars than all the other wars combined.

While mostly all religions agree that killing another person is wrong it's pretty ironic huh?

I also don't think a "loveing" god would allow 5 year old children to be raped, and murdered. If there is a God, and he does have the power to do anything, and allows this type of stuff to go on, well I'd like to see his or her sadistic a$$ hung.

here's an entertaining piece, which pretty much sums up my feelings on religion

www.youtube.com...

I also don't think a "loveing" god would allow 5 year old children to be raped, and murdered. If there is a God, and he does have the power to do anything, and allows this type of stuff to go on, well I'd like to see his or her sadistic a$$ hung.

It's Gods Fault? ha ha No like entire post is,,

WRONG!

God gave man free moral agency, something Atheists believe they do right because it is the right thing to do. Was that 5 year old dying the right thing to have done?

Nope, and I am certain God suffers for that more than anyone, even the childs parents don't suffer for the sins man causes than God does.

This is what happens when we devolve and not evolve. This is what happens when you have a freewill without any interference from God where man has Choices he makes to define his moral soul.

This is what happens when Atheists who Hate God in any way shape or form wanting him out of our lives and the entire planet.

God doesn't force relationships and has every right to know who loves him because WE WANT TO , not because we have to. You want to hate God for what Man does and use that to justify your stance on religion and God in general??

Yet you want GOD to be fair? and decide for him what a "true loving" God should do? I was going to explain how absurd this kind of thinking is but,,

I don't think there is any point with someone like this.

A recent comprehensive compilation of the history of human warfare, Encyclopedia of Wars by Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod documents 1763 wars, of which 123 have been classified to involve a religious conflict.3 So, what atheists have considered to be "most" really amounts to less than 7% of all wars. It is interesting to note that 66 of these wars (more than 50%) involved Islam, which did not even exist as a religion for the first 3,000 years of recorded human warfare.

"

TABLE 3.1
Selected Pre-20th Century Democide and Totals1

Cases Years2 Democide3 Religious?

China 221 B.C.-19 C. 33,519,0004 No
Mongols 14 C-15 C 29,927,000 No
Slavery of Africans 1451-1870 17,267,000 No
Amer-Indians 16 C-19 C 13,778,000 No
Thirty Years War 1618-1648 5,750,000 No
In India 13 C-1 9 C 4,511,0005 No
In Iran 5 C-19 C 2,000,0004,5 No
Ottoman Empire 12 C-19 C 2,000,0005 No
In Japan 1570-19 C 1,500,0005 No
In Russia 10 C-19 C 1,007,0005 No
Christian Crusades 1095-1272 1,000,000 Yes
By Aztecs Centuries 1,000,0006 No
Spanish Inquisition 16 C-18 C 350,000 Yes
French Revolution 1793-1794 263,000 No
Albigensian Crusade 1208-1249 200,000 Yes
Witch Hunts 15 C-17 C 100,000 Yes

Total For All Cases pre-20 C 133,147,000 1,650,000
Hypothetical Total 30 C B.C.-19 C A.D. 625,716,0007

International war-related dead 30 C B.C.-19 C A.D. 40,457,0008
Plague dead (Black Death) 541 A.D.-1912 102,070,0009

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Pilgrim1980
(look at Niceea convent and how the Bible was made) /quote]

Wrong.

The COUNCIL of Nicea (not a convent) had NOTHING to do with choosing the books of the bible.

It's a common urban legend that is WRONG,
but endlessly repeated on this site and other places.

Please go check the facts.

K.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Zeitgeist is an insult to the intelligence of anyone who is not a total retard.

Not only are its claims blatantly false in almost every sentence, but it actually helps cover-up the events of 9/11.

It claims that the Ancient Egyptians established holidays in exect parallel in dates to the modern calendar.

THIS IS A DOWNRIGHT LIE AND IMPOSSIBLE.

The Ancient Egyptians had an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CALENDAR. The modern day calendar that 99% of the world uses is the Gregorian, based exceptionally closely to the Julian Calendar of Julius Caesar which was, itself based upon the market days of Ancient Rome and upon the two months it took to march to the frontier to start a war. (The reason why January and February were moved from the end of the year to the start.)

By contrast, the Ancient Egyptian calendar well preceded the Roman one and had a different number of days in it. The modern day version of the Ancient Egyptian Calendar is known as the GE'EZ CALENDAR and has NO CONNECTION WITH THE GREGORIAN. The only country on Earth to still run by the Ge'ez calendar is Ethiopia.

Now, in making these false claims, Zeitgeist is actually helping to cover-up the events of 9/11 who was behind it. "Truthers" are always happy to talk about MEANS and OPPORTUNITY of the 9/11 crime, yet dismiss MOTIVE as if it is obvious to their great detriment.

In modern times, there are only two religions that still run by the Ge'ez clendar of the Ancient Egyptians. One is the Ethiopian Orthodox Church (an ancinet Christian Church) and the others are the nutters who still wish to worship Ra and the ancient Egyptian Gods.

Now it is interesting to note that the masonic traditions and liturgy are heavily tied into the worship of the Ancient Gods of Egypt. According to their ancient beliefs, one of the biggest festivals was the Ge'ez New Year when, in very Ancient Egypt, they used to perform human sacrifices to the Gods.

Using the records of the Ethiopian Orhtodox Church, one is able to determine when that was. In the Year 2001, (the first year of the New Millenium for the rest of the world), this did not occur on 1st January according to the Ge'ez, but on, what we know as 11th September - a date that you might be familiar with. Furthermore, according to the Ge'ez, New Year did not start at midnight, but at sunrise. In New York, sunrise on 11th September 2001 took place at 6.03AM. To remind you, 6.03am was the time that the "hijackers are supposed to have passed through security and initiate the events of 9/11. This is also the precise minute that NORAD systems went into total chaos. This is also the time that President Bush suddenly went for a sudden morning jog, by himself for half an hour ...ALL AT THE PRECISE TIME OF THE NEW YEAR ACCORDING TO THE GE'EZ CALENDAR, the one used by worshippers of the God Ra and the time that, in Ancient Egypt, they would begin the ceremonies for human sacrifice.

Additionally, it can be noted that at theis time, it appears that Bush's brother's security company had all the fire doors in the WTC locked which massively aggravated the loss of life in 9/11.

Whils the common man, the ordinary dude like you or me would have an eye filmly on the size of the payout for a crime, these folk already have enough cash for a million people and any gain from 9/11 would have been trivial.

Viewed in these circumstances, my own impression is that 9/11 was actually a pagan human sacrifice to the ANcient Gods of Egypt to mark a new millenium, a new era of darkness, a symbol of the purest evil....and an event that Zeitgeist has worked hard to hide in its fathomless B.S.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thanks to this thread I was introduced to Zeitgeist for the first time!

Let's just say I came away with my eyes opened.

I always believed that 911 was an inside job, but this evidence put me over the top. I always knew the fed was corrupt, but again I was put over the top.

I also always believed that religion was wrong. How can any one religion be right when they all believe they are right.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This debate, like all others is just a matter of the faithful believers defending their fictional myths and fairy tales by using ridiculous ancient texts of errors, absurdities, and contradictions to prove imaginary characters to be true. These imaginary characters came into being from previous myths which the information of is widely available to any believer who wishes to discover the FACTS. Your beliefs are ridiculous, and you get angry when someone posts facts and movies that make a million times more sense?!! Comparing your views to santa and the easter bunny should not insult you, as they are on the same level of reality as your Babel characters.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join