It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the Zeitgeist Challenge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
$200 cash if you can back up the Zetgeist claims!!!

Zeitgeist has been one of the most popular conspiracy films on the internet over the last few years. It propagates the canard that Jesus was based on sun Gods form other cultures - which is why it is a conspiracy in religion. I have seen many a thread here at ATS supporting this belief. it's time to put up or shut up.

The real conspiracy is Zeitgeist is a big fat lie. $200 cash money to anyone who can back up it's claims about Jesus Christ with legitimate scholarship.

If you notice on Youtube the very first website listed The Divine Evidence is that of ATS's very own AshleyD. She has been the leading edge internationally in debunking this piece of anti Christian propaganda.

Take the Zeitgeist Movie Challenge. We're so confident that the claims made by Zeitgeist can't be proven that we are offering a 200 dollars prize to anyone who can fulfill our simple challenge requirements.

You can take this challenge here zeitgeistchallenge.com...

Before wasting your time, we encourage you to refer to the links below. Simply put, the so called truths the Zeitgeist film reveals about the "origin" of Jesus Christ are baseless claims without proof.

When searching for truth, regardless of religious or political affiliation, proof is paramount. As such, we encourage you all to do your own research, which will inevitably reveal the deception and anti-Christian bias of the Zeitgeist film.

www.thedevineevidence.com...
www.tektonics.org...
www.kingdavid8.com...
video.google.com...

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

The fact that the some NT stories are similar in claims and storyline of some of the older claims of other cultures and even similar to stories in the OT.
The fact that there is no real supporting evidence for the existence of Jesus (as the NT portrays him) etc etc

While I don't agree with some of the claims in Zeitgeist (I find them just as fanciful as biblical claims) as they are just based on interpretations of what has been written about religious belief, I go on the facts as they are.

Edit:- and for $200 I wouldn't even bother (doesn't convert well)

G

[edit on 8-8-2008 by shihulud]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Couldn't this go both ways? Can the existence of Jesus be proven at all? And quoting the bible is no more proof that Jesus existed then quoting the Zeitgeist movie as proof he didn't, so please don't.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
How i it anti-christain propaganda when only a part of it had to do with Jesus?

Originally posted by shihulud

The fact that there is no real supporting evidence for the existence of Jesus (as the NT portrays him) etc etc

Well, that's easy to explain since they were killing christians off in the beginning, it makes sense that they would get rid of that stuff and have nobody write about him.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Okay so what do I have to prove?

And who judges this?

So showing ancient pre christian text, with similarities to jesus is enough?

What sources are allowed?

How many religions do I have to?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Absolutely proven beyond a reasonable doubt. No serious historian denies it. The Gospel account by Luke has been established as one of the most accurate historical documents period for that time period. Due to colloborating data from other sources etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wait so that video's claiming Albert Pike knew about Nazism in the 1800's?

I'd like to know where he got that quote from, since he bashes other people for not putting up sources I don't see why he thinks he gets a pass.....unless he has something to hide....

Kinda sketch.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Eh, $200 isn't worth it. Believe what you will. Jesus isn't gonna save ya. His legend is about as realistic as the legend of St. Nick. Better learn to start relying on yourself.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Please refer to the OP there is a website that explains the terms. Basically all the claims are based on second hand information from popular books and not the original sources. The maker of the Zeitgeist movie didn't do any research - they took a couple of already debunked books and coupied their claims as "research" LOL

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Eh, $200 isn't worth it. Believe what you will. Jesus isn't gonna save ya. His legend is about as realistic as the legend of St. Nick. Better learn to start relying on yourself.

Translation -- I can't back up the fallacious claims so I'll whine about $200 not being worth it.

He has saved me!!! Repent the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

Again "I wouldn't bother for $200 it's not worth it" = I can't back it up so I'll whine about it not being worth it to try. You got nothing.

Put up or shut up is basically the deal. If you can't back it up or are too lazy why post at all guys?

It just shows you don't care about evidence and hang on to your prejudice in spite of evidence and reason.

Blind faith in... lies.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I'll give you $200 to prove that he IS gonna save us. Absolute 100% objective proof. What is he saving us from exactly?? I am more afraid of spending all eternity with "holier than thou" types than I am of any punishment you and other men have conceived of for me.

And what do I need to repent of ? Being born?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Luke 9:5 "And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them."

I would have to say that if you believe the bible, then the premise of this thread is very much against what was taught by Jesus.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I would have to say that if you believe the bible, then the premise of this thread is very much against what was taught by Jesus.

Translation : Christians are not allowed to defend their faith against lies.

Sorry - Jesus didn't mean for us to allow lies to go unchecked.

Stick your head in the sand... ignore evidence and believe Zeitgeist. Then I will kick the dust off my feet.

Hopefully a few people might wake up from the disinfo being spread.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The topic is the claims of Zeitgiest... you are just shifting the goal posts because you can't back them up. :shk:

So far lots of whining and no substance from anyone -- by all means go make your claim pass go and collect $200.

... didn't think so.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by Alora

Absolutely proven beyond a reasonable doubt. No serious historian denies it. The Gospel account by Luke has been established as one of the most accurate historical documents period for that time period. Due to colloborating data from other sources etc.

If that is true, then why not take all of the information you have that lead you to the conclusion that Jesus' existence is "Absolutely proven beyond a reasonable doubt." and collect the $200 yourself? Or just bring in your "colloborating [sic] data from other sources" and get the cash?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You do realize that Jesus was more livid with the pharisees than he was the sinners, right? Who the hell are you to laugh at ppl that you believe are going to hell as though you were RIGHTEOUS enough to do so?

If you believe it then that should be good enough for yourself. I am not going to waste my time proving it because what I believe is not something I feel the need to convince to you. What I believe in or do not believe in is not up for sale. Neither should your beliefs be up for sale.

I somehow doubt that the man who said "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" (John 8:7) would approve of this pious quest. Sounds more like something the pharisees would have done.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Looks like it's UP to $250 now. I know - I know - more excuses -- " it's not worth opening a few books" - "it would take almost an hour of research" -- if the claims were true you could back it up in 15 minutes.

The real issue is --- It might dismantle your fantasy world existence as well. The bible is truly the word of God. Jesus was who he claimed to be - not who Zeitgeist says he was.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Two Wrongs don't make a RIGHT.

I watched the zeitgeist. I knew it was hype rubbish. I shut the video down. I know for myself.

However more antirubbish rubbish hype doesn't make a right.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Ridiculous... I have every right and even a moral obligation to expose frauds and charlatans. Jesus went into the temple and violently overturned the tables of the con men... All I'm doing is challenging you for evidence. I do find it amusing that you think I have no right to use satire or refute lies because I am a Christian. You are really threatened by the idea it is true aren't you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join