It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how did you meet your love?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Internet.

Yup, met Mrs. elevatedone online. Almost 12 years ago.

I was living in KY and she was in NW Ohio, 5 hours away.

We met in a chat room, became buddies and after 2 months or so, the private chats started and then the phone calls and then the first trip to meet in person. Then the weekend drives, taking turns driving to see eachother.

I moved to NW Ohio to be with her and now we've been together almost 12 years, married for almost 4.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cronosh

It's a funny story. My husband's best friend and my cousin were talking to each other on a dating site. Since neither of them had a romantic bone in their body, my husband's best friend had my husband write his emails for him and my very unromantic cousin had me write her emails for her. They got married in November 2001 and my [future] husband and I met in person for the first time at their wedding although we still didn't know we had already been writing to each other by proxy.

On our first date when we were talking about his friend and my cousin's wedding, he admitted he wrote the love letters for his friend. My mouth dropped open and I confessed I had been writing the love letters for my cousin as well. So although we both technically met at their wedding, we had been writing to each other the whole time.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I met my wife on Ascension Island in the South Atlantic.

She was a British Schoolteacher and I worked for PanAm World Services as a high voltage mechanic.
When she climbed up and in to a dormant volcano with me to grab crabclaws I knew that she was the one for me.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I knew my first love before I met him.

When i was younger, I used to have dream. In my dreams was a man. He was never a major part of my dreams, but he was always THERE. Of course, the dreams tapered off and I soon forgot about him.

Right....forgot about him......sure......
Of course,
Then I met him in real life! The honest-to-goodness living, breathing, HIM. So freakin bizarre I can't even say...it was HIM - the person I had been dreaming of since I was 121

Of course life conspired to keep us apart, but i find I can't get over the one I dreamed of......

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A girlfriend of mine asked if I would go Christmas shopping with her. To be honest, I didn't want to go and not to the mall all the way across town. We made a deal, one store that was it! See, I really don't like shopping.
When we walked into an outdoor clothing store for men, this incredible looking guy caught my eye. She saw him too, and said 'now that's your type'
About that time he walked up and we talked for 45mins. He got my number and I left.the store knowing I had met Mr.right.

3wks later I had not heard from him and I was so confused I thought we had really hit it off. Everyday I called the store to see if he was working so I could go exchange the jacket I had bought. He was never there. I only knew his first name! 4wks. Went by and I was looking in Sunday's paper and oh my gosh! There he was!! His picture, he was an actor and there was a huge feature about the play he was in and his last name. Convinced I was suppose to marry him, I came up with a story. This time when I called the store and got the mgr. I told her I was his best friend and in town unexpectedly just for the night. Well imagine my surprise when she said he's not here but his roomate is! She said she would give him the msg. To give to my love.

20mins.later, he called!
second date he proposed!!
Married 2 weeks later
Total time line: met and married in 5 weeks because we were crazy and in love, not because we had to! 2 kids and 15years later Still married, still crazy, and still so in love!!

Thanks for letting me share!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
kids don't cut school

I met my husband, senior year of high school, while playing hookie from school. He was my friend's boyfriend's friend and we met when we were both cutting school, while hanging out with our friends. I had initially meant to cut only 3 periods of class, but I ended up skipping that whole day of school instead. I think our friends wanted us to hook up then, but I don't think they ever expected to hit it off so well and last till now.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Great story WW....

My wife was a friend long before we got together, and that's how I saw her for years. About a year after we became friends, she married one of my best friends. They were marrried for a few years, and he died at a very young age. We remained friends, and eventually (about 9 years later), she made the first move (after no amount of frustration over my lack of one), and we simply switched gears overnight, ever since. We got engaged soon after, then a year later got married, and tomorrow will be our 5th wedding anniversary.

I guess for more details, you could always try and catch the re-run of our "Wedding Story" episode on TLC, hehe..."Wendy & Chris" is the title of the episode.

Tomorrow we'll go over to Busch Gardens in Tampa (same theme park we visited in the episode as a couple's activity), where I set up a V.I.P. tour (I hate waiting in lines, and will be fun to feed the giraffes, go a little behind the scenes, etc.). My guess is that with the SuperBowl on Sun., she'll get to see a celeb or two probably as well...

Total time line: met and married in 5 weeks because we were crazy and in love, not because we had to! 2 kids and 15years later Still married, still crazy, and still so in love!!

That is amazing...

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Snap! Met my boyfriend on the net 6 years ago - really strange that you can fall in love with someone you haven't actually met. Met up after 2 months of chatting on Vodafone live, chat was free then, it was new to the UK and was a promotional offer with the new camera phones that had just come out
Been together ever since.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Great to hear that the internet works for so many...

Tomorrow we'll go over to Busch Gardens in Tampa (same theme park we visited in the episode as a couple's activity), where I set up a V.I.P. tour (I hate waiting in lines, and will be fun to feed the giraffes, go a little behind the scenes, etc.). My guess is that with the SuperBowl on Sun., she'll get to see a celeb or two probably as well...

This actually went pretty well. I was expecing the park to be crowded, being the day before the Superbowl, but amazingly, the park crowd was pretty light... Was still cool having our own private tour guides for the park though, especially as we were signed up for a group tour, but happened to be the only folks for that time slot, so it became a more private tour. Went on coasters, saw some good shows, got up close with lots of animals, and had a lot of fun. No celeb sightings though (as I think they were partied out from Friday, hehe...)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
oh oh oh .. me now

i joined a new school in year 10 and was automatically welcomed into the 'nerdy' group b/c i liked reading. When there are nerds, there are the 'cool' surfie kids who pick on the bookworms. Well guess who picked on me and my friends for two weeks till he had to move schools himself.

Then years later, i ran into him at a petrol station around the corner from my house where he was working behind the counter. I would catch the bus from there every day and he would wave hello. Eventually we started talking and he asked me out to a party. I said no since he had been mean to me whilst at school

Then we ran into each other at university. He called me one day offering to drop me off to my class at a 'far away' campus since i had a tight schedule that day and he was on his way to the place to attend a seminar himself. I reluctantly accepted his offer.

Then it became a weekly occurrence where he would drop me off to my campus as he had a class there too. All was well and good till one day my lecture finished early and i decided to go to the carpark and wait for him to finish his class so he can drop me home.

To my surprise i found him sitting in his car playing Snake (remember the old game on nokia phones). As it turns out, he never did have a class on Friday's at the 'far away' campus and he had been spending three hours every week waiting in his car - just so he can take me to uni and then drop me home again.

... and eight years later the nerdy girl and the 'cool' kid who used to be arch-enemies got married.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There's an 80's movie in there somewhere...

Cool story!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well lets see. Me and my sisters became good friends with our neighbors, they were 4 boys. And James (my husband) use to hang out over there alot. And one day when I was walking to a friends house he pulled up in his car and asked me to come down to my neighbors and hang out with him when I was done.

So we started hanging out and I thought of his as a friend for 3 months. And then he kept asking me out and I turned him down. But I decided to go for it one night and told him yes. And we been together ever since!

He was 7 years older than me so my grandparents hated the idea and we snuck around alot. But they got to like him and now we have a child and were doing great. Im glad I said yes!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I met my boyfriend at softball practice through work. The place where I work and a rival business did a charity softball game for heart disease and we were both on the team. I was 2nd base (and pretty darn good)) and he was the catcher. I never really saw him before because we worked opposite shifts. I noticed him at practice because he was so tall (6'6 1/2") and full of tattoos. I mean how could I not. IMO he was very good looking but I wasnt looking for anyone...anyways... He was so loud and really funny. I didnt pay any attention to him really but he kept making comments to me in the outfield which started to annoy me! I just ignored him until I went to work afterwards. Well he came by and started talking to me and we talked for hours. He was so polite and such a gentleman. I definitely did not expect him to be this way esp going by his looks...which is a bad thing but almost everyone has done it. We had a date a few days later and we have been together a year and half. He lives 8 hrs away now but I am happy and just waiting to move up there with him in November. I cant wait!
Its weird how fate works or at least that is how I see it. You see my good friend dragged me to this practice and got me to join. I didnt really want to do it because I had to commute an hour early on Sundays when I worked Saturdays pretty late at the store (my other job). If it wasnt for her making me go I never would have met him and we wouldnt be together. We both have been very good for each other. We both made each other believe in love again...It sounds so lame but it's true. We were probably the two most bitter people on the planet but with each other that changed. I am really happy and forever grateful to my friend for getting me to play. She is one of my best friends and if my bf and I get married she will be my maid of honor..lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join