It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Agencies Viewing ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This question is mainly for administrators.

Would there happen to be members on ATS who log on frequenly, but don't post, and have logged e-mail addresses from .gov mailservers?

A simple yes or no would satisfy, and if that's information that should remain confidential, I would understand.

I was just thinking that they probably wouldn't try to be clandestine about looking at the internet, and since this is clearly the best site of it's genre, well....

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am 100% sure that there may be at least a couple of people from gov agencies checking out this site. Whether the admins have evidence of them im not sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You can't get a membership without a permanent e-mail address, of course this place could be crawling with agents and no one would know if they used .com mailservers.

If I were them, I'd be looking to ATSNN.com and TerrorAnalysis.com as a resource.

Deny it!
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would put money on it if this site contained nothing but our research thread, enough red flag names to warrant a peek. Take in everything else and yeah I think they comb over it for crazies or people who know to much.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I didn't even think of the implications of us slinging allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse by the Administration...

That's pretty funny!

Stickin' it to the man since 1974!
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You guy's are joking right
Hell Intelgurl is a self admitted contractor for the DoD
Of course the Government monitor's this site, what do you think DARPA, NSA, Echelon, FBI etc, etc., etc., do any way. Bust drug dealers:lol

C"mon, wake up,

Polar Bear

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If they do monitor this site, i'd be glad.

A quick message to whatever government agency viewing...

"We know who you are and we know what you've done..."

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No, I am serious. And anyone who would doubt my seriousness, well... well... may they suck an egg.

What?
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Several. Every day. Some are lurkers. Some are members. Some are respected contributing members.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
One wonders if they're on here to check for things to bring us down. Or if they're here because they suspect the same things we do and they're looking for answers... It doesn't have to be a bad thing that they're on the board.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Some are respected contributing members.

You don't say...

"Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!" -Gomer Pyle

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
One wonders if they're on here to check for things to bring us down. Or if they're here because they suspect the same things we do and they're looking for answers... It doesn't have to be a bad thing that they're on the board.

i think most of them are here just to do their own investigations just like all us non-gov members. just b/c they work for the government doesnt mean THEY THEMSELVES wish to cause corruption.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Exactly what I'm talking about chrisnolefan.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca One wonders if they're on here to check for things to bring us down.
If that's the case, they're not very good at it. Exhibit A: www.abovetopsecret.com... Exhibit B: Last month, we served 214 Gigabytes of content... the most ever.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Maintenance?

Another question - When was this site lauched exactly?

I assume it's not more than 3 years old, but those servers are pricy...

DC

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
February 2nd, 2004. The server security was compromised by hackers who had stolen the passwords of several machines from a security company we contracted to install a firewall. Over 40 clients of the security firm were effected. I noticed the compromise a couple hours after it happened, and immediately order a re-roll of the server (reformat and re-install of the OS).

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
All right? Did someone say allriot? Did I hear a Riot?

Still moving on a 16 degree azimuth?

"Alcohol has drunkened me"- H.J. Simpson

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I wanted to post these links I found, researching your queary of
Government Agencies Viewing ATS?

Even though this is an old article, it has good info .
www.heureka.clara.net...

If you go back to the root directory, IE
www.heureka.clara.net... there are lots of unusual links/

I did a Goolge on patterns in conspiracy theories, and found this link

www.lobster-magazine.co.uk...

A lot of you are in England. Can you shed any light on The Lobster?

I also clicked on the NSA link that is listed in the first article
Spooks on the net

and got this

www.fas.org...

BUT that is not the NSA website.

It is this website

www.fas.org...

You NEED to click on some of these links. Outstanding info on a lot of current worries.

Forgive me if this site has been posted before, I'm just amazed at the info it has.

I did find it interesting that a search for conspiracies, led me to a Scientific Association

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Some are lurkers.

Some are members.

Some are respected contributing members.

Maybe they are here for the same reason we are: the truth.
Sometimes, who you work for is incidental to who you are.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I know some of the members who work for the government. It is not like they are here to keep an eye on ATS. They are just members contributing to ATS.

new topics

top topics

join