It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tyranny of ATS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What is it that brought us to ATS?
- The idea of the truth?
- The hope to find the truth?
- This medium?

What is it that should make ATS so special? Years ago, ATS was the place where you came if you were tried of the BS that the Major Media outlets were promating...

And then we found this place, this wonderful place. This is the place where everything is possible, where any topic is fair game, and everyone is respected.

But that place is dead. This place has become no more then an etension of what we came here to get away from.

No longer is ATS a place for the Truth.
No longer is ATS the place for info.

ATS has been morfed into a codified playground, with strict guidelines...

No longer does the truth matter, just say whatever you want.
No longer are people right any wroung, everyone can have an opinion.

Forced equality is here...

You call it how it is, you are punished...
You promoate being a moron, you get stars...

Its true the membership has increaed tenfold, and the quality droped, but the decay starts at the top of ATS... and runs thru the mod-heirarchy...

Some Mods exist in thier own world of power... Stoned-Drunk with thier limited power... The power to censor the Point of Veiw they don't like...

MODern-Day-wanna-be-Furiurs...

ATS is a great place... But like elementry school, it should only lay the foundations...

Mabye its time to graduate out of this leraning ground... and go somewhere where the members are treated as equals, not by doctrine, but by fact and reason...

WHere we can call a moron a moron...
A Nazi a Nazi...
A tyrant a Tyrant...
and not worry about offending some mod...

Cause in my opoinion, when someone gets offended, you ussaly have hit a sore spot with the truth, and they are still in shock...

So who knows what to do...
there have to be places like ATS out there, i know there is, because ATS acts like a jealious school-girl anytime someone mentions them...

The flood of the mindless members will subside with the ending of the 08 election...

But the currupt mods and manegement isn't going to go away... short of them dropping dead, we are stuck with our mods...

no matter how bias they are...

ATS has been waltzing down the path to destruction for a while now... only now it is apprenet, they have no plans to change the direction...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What is it that you want to do here that they don't let you? For such a widely used and highly active site, I'm shocked at how much they let us get away with. I think this is one of the most interesting discussion boards around.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I have to say my experience here is completely different. What 'corrupt Mods'? Why do you need to call people names?

But whatever your experience is, don't let it stop you from posting quality and bringing new information to the forums.

Hope things improve for you; all the best.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

By all means, go where you want.
Don't keep the Tyrants waiting.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Please post your thoughts and comments into the exisitng thread for this topic found here:

The ATS Issues Thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks
FredT

top topics

join