It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic opening leaves US breathless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
China gives Bush his Reply.....with a Ding Dong Olympics Opening

08/08/08

mlb.mlb.com...

BEIJING -- The Summer Olympics are officially under way, the cauldron flame has been lighted in a manner that will be talked about for generations, China has a lot of new friends and "The Greatest Show On Earth" lived up to its $100 million expectations on a sultry Friday night inside the incomparable Bird's Nest.

What an Opening Ceremony. One World One Dream has just been replaced as the most useful phrase here by How Did They Do That?

"It'll be something to remember for a long time," said Jayson Nix, shortstop for the United States baseball team, which opens competition Tuesday against Korea. "They did a great job. It was an unbelievable experience.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Dubyakadubla]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It was the most incredible spectacle....I still havent seen all of it, and I so wish I had been there to see it....all we could think was....how in any universe is London going to follow *that*?! Lol! China has really raised the bar, and the invention and imagination was breathtaking...

I would love to know what the UK team are planning...I wonder if their plans will change now....

Cait

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
It was the most incredible spectacle....I still havent seen all of it, and I so wish I had been there to see it....all we could think was....how in any universe is London going to follow *that*?! Lol! China has really raised the bar, and the invention and imagination was breathtaking...

I would love to know what the UK team are planning...I wonder if their plans will change now....

Cait

To the critics of China....."It is the Next Superpower"

This is just a glimpse, Bush is again, Quagmired in China.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well can someone tell me what was so great about it? All I saw were a few flashes on the national news tonight, and I didn't see what was so breathtaking about it at all. Any country I'm sure could have done more and better if they wanted too.

I hate all this Chinese hype. This is one country that should not be allowed to exist in the world democracy. They are nothing more than a power that holds its people down in the mud while at the same time pushing national pride to the same repressed citizens of their country, when in fact the people of China have NOTHING to be proud of! It scares to think one day the whole world could be run the same way!

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Techsnow]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I haven't seen it...

All i can say is... Too bad it didn't rain...

Anyone have a link to it?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Well can someone tell me what was so great about it? All I saw were a few flashes on the national news tonight, and I didn't see what was so breathtaking about it at all. Any country I'm sure could have done more and better if they wanted too.

Olympic Opening Ceremony....The One America Missed

NBC wasn't showing it. More important stuff to report. Maybe something on Britney or whatever.

newsweek.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"World democracy"....that's interesting...wasn't their theme for the Olympics "One World?" I'm sensing a theme here...

If what comes out of this ultimately is that all we have to worry about as a collection of people who inhabit the planet is who can have the fabbest Olympics, then I think we will be ok....

Cait

top topics

join