It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA admits to witholding Provocative discoveries on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I did a search found nothing related to this specific subject..Quite interesting.

"Several sources from various administrative structures of NASA confirmed the existence of secret information which supplemented the data exposed on July 31. The anonymous sources said that the unexposed data were a lot more provocative than those, which the agency made public.

NASA will make the information public in December of the current year, if the US government issues an approval for it"

FULL STORY HERE

What does this mean? Sounds like a possibility they have discovered life on Mars. The only thing holding them back are the people up top. Has anyone heard anything further on this issue?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
interesting, in light of a possible announcement of life on mars after earlier this week reading that there are traces of a chemical used in rocket fuel that are naturally occuring in martian soil.

although the snipped has a certain tone to it. i hope they announce what we're hoping for. wouldn't that be grand?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Oooooooo- intriguing! I love it.

Well, I love it and hate it because, according to the blurb, they need the government's approval to release information about the stuff they found on Mars. Why?

Do we really need to be coddled so badly that we can't hear what is on Mars? How ridiculous! And so help me, if someone even mutters the words "national security"....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is very exciting, but to make us wait until Dec. 08' that sucks. If they keep the public sheltered like this. No one is going to be able to handle anything when it comes out. Hope its life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Imagine what all the possibilities that it could be. Life of some sort would be pretty amazing. Even if it is just microscopic.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hopefully they can get the info out sooner, 2 weeks would be good...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Afterr the announcement that there was definative proof of water on Mars, weren't we all expecting a more grand announcement, and could this be it?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Their doing this hoping people will forget. They are going to try and shift peoples attention to something else, just watch....

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Pravda is such a reliable news source

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
they scoop up some dirt with h2o and they found something more important..

from the pictures it looks like the only discovery is gonna be scientists wet dream, but for me its all periodic table of the elements.

im looking for the humanoid aspect of life on mars.

im sure NASA is just excersising its funding strategy to create "importance" in the mars indevour just to get some more money..

but ok, i really em eager to know just what the heck is so important

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
hmm...very interesting. Really makes me wonder why they need government approval. What could possibly be so important that they would need to do so? I can only think of one possibility and that has something to do with life or past existence of life. Seriously, what else could it be? I'll anxiously be waiting for this announcement, whatever it ends up being.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If they need the governments approval.. it is definitely something of higher importance than simple facts and information. It very well may have the potential to radically change peoples perceptions. This "could" be the first step towards true disclosure! Even if the day comes, and the government does not allow the release of this information, that just opens the door to thousands of more questions and reasons as to why. Really hope something breaks from this.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hmmm...December eh?

Waiting till after the elections to make an announcement based on Gov't approval sounds kinda like they want to make sure the new Prez is on board with being the sitting leader during a new era of discovery that could rock the world.

Could be.?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by VveaponS2K

alot of questionable stuff in this article in the op

It is not ruled out that NASA experts decided not to unveil the entire truth about the Martian discoveries.

Aviation Week & Space Technology wrote with reference to own anonymous sources at NASA that the agency sent another document to the White House along with the report on the Martian soil analysis. The secret document supposedly says that Phoenix found certain evidence of possible life on the planet.

first of all the title to this thread is misleading due to the fact that NASA has no official statement that say's information from the public was withheld. these are all rumors from anonymous sources being passed along.

i don't doubt that they may have found life on Mars and obviously it is an eventuality imo.

to believe that NASA would officially admit covering something up is foolish.

a better title for this would be

whistleblowers at NASA say provocative discoveries on Mars being with held

[edit on 8-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This sounds remarkably similar to those threads stating that NASA had contacted the White House on information significant to the "potential of life" on Mars. That was just prior to the release of the news on the perchlorate they found in the soil samples, wasn't it? Also, didn't NASA later come out and deny those rumors anyway?

The issue bubbled up when it was reported Friday that the White House had been briefed about some interesting results from Phoenix's wet chemistry laboratory, part of the Microscopy, Electrochemistry and Conductivity Analyzer suite of instruments, also known as MECA.

Not so, says Phoenix principal investigator Peter Smith, of the University of Arizona, who denied that any details of the MECA findings had been shared and called the reports "bogus and damaging information."

The rest of the article, "Scientist squelches Buzz over Mars life", found here: www.msnbc.msn.com...

Some of those threads discussing the supposed White House communications:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That being said, that would be incredibly cool if they really did find something (beyond the perchlorate) and are just holding it back.
Not gonna lie -- I'd be thrilled.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VveaponS2K
I did a search found nothing related to this specific subject..Quite interesting.

"Several sources from various administrative structures of NASA confirmed the existence of secret information which supplemented the data exposed on July 31. The anonymous sources said that the unexposed data were a lot more provocative than those, which the agency made public.

NASA will make the information public in December of the current year, if the US government issues an approval for it"

FULL STORY HERE

What does this mean? Sounds like a possibility they have discovered life on Mars. The only thing holding them back are the people up top. Has anyone heard anything further on this issue?

A Nasa official has already made a statement on this and he says that the rumors they have discovered life as pertaining to the secret white house briefing are 'false and damaging'

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That site is less than reliable.

A few questions. If they were told by the government to keep schtum on it, then they'd hardly be telling people that, would they? If there was real, signioficant life on mars, you think they;d let the rovers just roll around freely? Hell if a real alien probe landed on earth we'd either blow it up or lock it up...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
Oooooooo- intriguing! I love it.

Well, I love it and hate it because, according to the blurb, they need the government's approval to release information about the stuff they found on Mars. Why?

Do we really need to be coddled so badly that we can't hear what is on Mars? How ridiculous! And so help me, if someone even mutters the words "national security"....

I second that emotion.
at their 'gotta keep the secrets from the masses'.

I wait with baited breath till they come out in Dec and say 'sorry folks, next year maybe if Obama says so'.....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I find it amazing how quickly people can 'jump the gun' and come to conclusions like 'life found on Mars' so quickly.

Remember this -

Phoenix cannot detect life, this was not even the purpose of the mission.

It's mission is to try and detect compounds that might point to some kind of life, not to directly find life itself. The last week has been full of over-hopeful and over hyped news regarding the red planet.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
yes and it can slo take pictures as it samples the ground. Who is to say these pictures are also classed as 'samples' too?

My bet? ruins of an ancient civilisation.

Or oil. Hence they don't want to release it whilst GW is in charge because he needs tio get there first...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join