It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Adult Characteristics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
Are very creative and enjoy making things.
Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no _expression of emotion (full shielding).
May have trouble with RAGE.
Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.
Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.
Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."
Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.
Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.
Have strong intuition.
Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

For more info on this subject see the following link:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
uh oh. Indigo threads don't tend to get good feedback, mostly because people will say that those who claim they are Indigo, or their children are, are just trying to feel special.

...not that there is anything wrong with that.

I do have all 25 of those traits, but it could also be because I'm an Aries, or just a pain in the rump.
But I've never seen the purpose of being an Indigo. Is it just a title or does it have some sort of significance?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
THe list describes me to a T. Don't know if I believe in "Indigos" though.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi..

I've posted it to see what other people think or feel about this subject. I may have the 'title' in my board name here, however I do not really see myself as an Indigo Adult, being a capricorn.

To me the description could be a day in any horoscope chart

Think it depends on how to interpret this text.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Being an Indigo doesnt feel any where near special. It can be isolating and frustrating. Our behaviour seems irrational and we can appear argumentative. We feel we have a as yet unknown purpose and are constantly seeking it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think the reason for the label "indigo children" came about because psychologists or psychiatrists? (or maybe another group of people? I really dislike using "they") were seeing some new traits in kids and decided to round up all their similarities and slap a label on them.
Sort of like ADD, ADHD, autism etc.

You can label me a conspiracy nut for reading this site for example

Just my 0.02

Zebra

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Virtually every one of those describes me. (A couple did not, but all others... OH yeah.)

When I first heard of the Indigo children, I thought to myself, "I must have been vanguard." I don't know why that struck my mind, but it did.

I am 51 years old now, so you can see that I would not be lumped into the group normally seen as the Indigo group.

The "Why?" thing... Oh, I have always asked WHY?

These days, the answers are becoming clearer, but some of them are disconcerting.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
THe list describes me to a T. Don't know if I believe in "Indigos" though.

I concur, the list describes me VERY accurately, it even details some of my strongest held attitudes towards existance. However many of the criteria are admittedly rather vague, many children don't like being told what to do and want to rebel. It's called being adolescent isn't it. And everyone likes to consider themselves intelligent and creative, even if they don't get the grades they feel they should.

I worry that this falls under the category of being a personal validation fallacy (en.wikipedia.org...) and one that has particular relevence to the kind of liberal minded people that frequent ATS.

Aside from this I reject the notion that there is a coming 'age' of indigo children, I believe that the recognition of such a stage in human evolution is more of a cultural shift in priorities and awareness (we as a culture begin to look more and more to the spiritual side of life) that identifies with qualities that have always been a part of human nature. I mean, there have been psychics and sorcerers for millenia.

As much as I would like there to be a great spiritual revolution I cannot really endorse the theory of Indigo's.

I would rather focus on the moral and spiritual development of every person on earth. It is only that some have turned the lights on brighter.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Storm_Indigochild

Have tried to capture the _mood_ of the Indigo life in the book series, "Scout Report." Volume 1 is currently available and Volume 2 is publishing soon. You can check them out here: sombraviajera.wix.com...

Though the label, "Indigo" is not used in them, and though they are represented as fiction (what words purely capture Truth?)...to Indigo beings, they will be myths that ring true.

Samuel

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
That list describes almost everybody! And most of them are complimentary. WHo's going to look at that list and say "Nope, I'm not intelligent, so I must not be an indigo"

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Anyone can have those behavioral traits, and not all 'indigo children' will fit all/any of those traits. Using behavioral traits is inaccurate. The only real discernment between an 'indigo' and someone other is that indigo's have actual Indigo colored auras - hence the root of the term itself. In my opinion, trying to identify someone by means of checklist on lists like this is misleading to the person trying to decide if they are 'an indigo' ( who otherwise should just check out kirlian photography or a 'psychic' who can read/see auras ).

Though I will say I am not against lists like this and admit the enjoyment of this shared thread.
edit on 3/9/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
An interesting reoccuring symptom in those severely depressed:

Grandiose delusions (GD) or delusions of grandeur is principally a subtype of delusional disorder that occurs in patients suffering from a wide range of mental illnesses, including two-thirds of patients in manic state of bipolar disorder ... The delusions are generally fantastic and typically have a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious theme.

Some of these grandiose beliefs frequently involve thoughts that the patient .... has super human abilities, etc.

LINK

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I see at least 5 of these traits in me.

Although I am neutral in the sense of believing in the Indigo people

top topics

join