It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real magick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hey
Can anyone post any information on real magick ie sigil magick or the such
thanks for your replys guys

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
find and read the Greater Keys of Solomon, the lesser keys of solomon, the keys of enoch, sword of moses, in searching for these you should find some other grimoire related documents, I say the older the better, but be detailed in your research, there is a lot of crap out there, and stuff that seems like crap but is merely some individuals personal account of their own working system.

There are many others out there, I would suggest for beginners reading some blavatsky and maybe crowley, but do not become biased by their opinions, their research is fairly sound and at the very least provides a good point for reference material. Look into the existing esoteric practices, like taoist alchemy etc, its all connected, in order to have a good understanding of productive work, one should probably research the entire origin of any given system.
As for the Necronomicons, you could make your own opinion of it after studying the psychology behind how magic works, as some claim it is a workable system even though it is a partially fictitious work.
If you have trouble finding such texts, just go on some p2p network and search for PDF's SLSK seems to have a fair number of members with such PDF files.
be wise, and be positive in your intents either in research or practice.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Damezthe2nd

'real' magick finds you, you don't find it......

though i can tll you this: it's all about the mind

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I suggest searching Google for some ebooks on various types of magick or going to a bookstore....Not asking vague questions that can easily be researched on ones own with a few keystrokes

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
mr toodle
the reason i posted this here is because i have looked on my own but there is so much false information out there these days i dont know what to beleive.
i trust this site as a place of real information that is why i posted .

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Damezthe2nd

'Real Magick' is a little hard to define and particularly cater to without a few extra details.

So, a few questions for you to help me provide you with something more suitable:

- Are you religious in any way? And if so what religion do you practice?
- Do you believe in a Greater Power such as God?
- Do you believe in the influence of spirits/powers that cause Magick.
- Alternatively do you feel that Magick is a product of chanelling neutral energies which can either be internal or external.
- And I think most importantly, what are you trying to get from the use of Magick?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I3lip i greatly appreciate your reply.
i will answer you questions in order:
1. yes i am religous, i am christian although i give and take some beleifs here and there.
2.yes i do beleive in a greater power.
3.Im not 100% sure what your askin but if your askin if i think spirits of the dead or demons influence magick then i beleive that they are the cause of some, not all magick although id have to research this more.
4.i think that channeling the natural energy in us all is possible as i have felt myself do it on more than one occasion .
5.WOAH the big one lol.
I want a greater understanding of this world and any others, i want knowledge of the stuff they dont teach at school, i dont wanna just learn what i have been spoonfed most of my life i want to experience things for myself instead of just reading about them, but most of all i want to know the truth .

hope this answers your questions satiably and i sincerely look forward to your reply

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
think of magick like this. you are a ion on a hard drive. Energy travels from the earth and around the earth, like a tesla coil archs for everything around it, magick can be precise with the right utterances and materials, but it is dangerous both to an unprepared victim or recipient and you the caster. Magick has always been taken skepticly because most people who look for magic end up corrupt inside. Or misguided. besides, you dont know what you might do some where else via side effects, or reflections. Energy in motion is a dangerous thing. Especially when your not prepared.
basicly though magick is merely you, your intent, someone elses intent, and time/space potential being influence by willpower both outside and inside, as above, so below..

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
In that case I would reccomend you look into a lot of the traditional occult practices such as those refined by the Golden Dawn.

If you are a Christian I think the key word here would be Hermetics, this form of magick is heavily based on Judo-Christian mythology and practice and will contain a lot of symbolism and work that, although you probably won't be familliar with, is very heavily linked with Christian teachings.

Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics (www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218286503&sr=8-1) is often touted as a very solid place to begin learning about the occult and so you should definately think of looking up a copy of that if possible.

As mentioned previously the Solomonic system in addition to a lot of the Traditional Grimoires also come from a very Christian ceremonial magick perspective.

(www.sacred-texts.com...) Is a very good resource for a lot of the traditional Grimoire's if you'd like a read of them. If you want stuff specifically on the Golden Dawn there's lots of material out there on torrents and archive websites. (www.hermetics.org...)

Other than this there's not really much I can point you straight to, Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org...) as always is a good starting point to get a good overview of the basic principles. You can also have a look at the other mainstream forms of magic there as well.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by I3LiP]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ok thanks very much
for everyones help

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
the Greatest Sorcerers dont just do magic just out of curiosity, or just because they want.. Wisdom is found and made through hard work. i Learned riding a bicycle not because I wanted to.. but eventually became a part of me.. i still remember the day.. i was 13, I was holding my brothers bike... and already in my mind wa sick of trying and trying but never getting results.. until that day i just out of some sort of uncontrollable impulse i just rode that bike, like it was always a part of me!..

new topics

top topics

join