It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Star Trek join X-Files I Want to Believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Will the upcoming reboot of ST movie dive bomb like I Want to Believe has?

The problem is that the producers are trying too hard to please non fans of the franchises. They are trying to please everyone, and end up pleasing no one with some bland easy watching generalised rubbish. Goodness knows how many test audiences they have run IWTB by and what rubbish decisions they made from focus groups!

They water down the franchise for non fans and they try and add some patronising bits to keep the fans on board. When will they learn that tactic never works.

Here's an idea, just make a good movie.

And considering that it is the fans of those shows that have made the big bucks for those producers don’t they think they should put the fans first? Especially if they want box office to be above 50% cost of the movie! Make a brilliant franchise movie for the fans that no one else would ’get’ and the fans would go in droves. Box office solved! Not make a movie for the guy who has just wandered into the cinema and goes to see IWTB because he has already seen Dark Knight last week!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

I agree 100%.
The movie industry has seemly gone down hill in the past few years. I have high hopes for the new ST movie but I am sure it will be disappointing.

Another thought, what is up with all the remakes latley? Is Hollywood out of good ideas and writers.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o

Another thought, what is up with all the remakes latley? Is Hollywood out of good ideas and writers.

It's easier for them to churn out the same old rubbish than develop new writers. It's weird but the opposite seems to be happening with TV shows, all the good writers are moving into TV drama and out of movies.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The Star Trek movie is a reboot of the series. I hope it will be good. The 2nd X-Files movie was made to late. The interest of the series has died down, and it got to convoluted in its final seasons.
Hollywood has been making remakes and sequels since it began. When sound came out, they remade every silent movie. In the 1950s, they started remaking movies from the 1930s. It is not a new idea as Hollywood knows people will pay to see the familiar:
The Thin Man series
Sherlock Holmes series
Abbott and Costello movies (all are the same type of plot)

I can go on and on about Hollywood
When they do get creative, no one goes out to see it. Blame the ticket buyers.

top topics

join