It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verichip and nursing homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I read that one of the current uses for the Veri Chip( and implanted microchip) is for the tracking of elderly clients in nursing homes... some homes make implantation mandatory for new admissions. One of the articles said that sometimes GPS could be used to locate grandpa if he wandered off... is this a prototype for big brother??

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yep, they are definitely prototypes for the Big Brother. The chips get put into children, prison populations, and people with alzheimers, that's what I've read on my adventures. I think that microchipping just doesn't get reported too much in the news.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Nope. If I were looking to test out the capabilities of a system I wouldnt use it on old people, who last time I checked, arent that mobile. They would put them in dogs or other highly active creatures to better gauge the pros and cons. Not grandpa sleeping.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
They use tracking ankle bracelets for people with Alzheimers'. Our very elderly (died at age 100) aunt who had Alzheimers' wore one.

There are a number of these patients who get out of the homes and go wandering around each year. Some are found months later, dead of exposure.

If it was your parent; someone you really loved, you would consider putting the tracking device on them. It's a little bit of insurance that makes sure they get help faster.

(sometimes they will hide INSIDE the nursing home itself. Very frustrating for the staff, very dangerous if they need meds like an insulin shot on a regular basis.)

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
before i read this thread, i predicted that the last poster, 'byrd', would preach the benefits of verichip.
good call, billybob. this gets easier.

top topics

join