It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #4 - Color Code

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This quote from HUNT keeps sticking in my head for this puzzle:

IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT SIXTEEN IS IMPORTANT IN NUMBER AND COLOR, BUT THAT CAESAR SEQUENTIALLY SHIFTS HIS COLORS

The page background keeps shifting from RED to GREEN. Maybe solving this one involves shifting from RED to GREEN color values along the way and something to do with the number 16. I know that still leaves a huge amount of possibilities, but maybe it will help in some way.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Has anyone thought about trying to crack this thing using a Play Fair cipher like the kind seen on National Treasure 2? Just a thought. Check out this site on the Play Fair cipher:

www.instructables.com...

Hmmm - maybe "zeitgeist" is the keyword ...

My observations so far:

* I'm guessing that the dark pink areas separate whole words
* I'm guessing the discernable "columns" between each dark pink field are 1 column for each letter. For example the first field has 9 columns, so possibly 9 letters
* The green channel is always less than the Red or Blue as we all know. I've only tested the first field (and the top half of it at that), but subtracting the green channel from the red channel always produces a value between 1 and 26 with the exception of Column 7 which is the only column that contains numbers which exceed the number 26. I don't know if this is significant or if this column should be thrown out as it could be an attempt at deception.
* The columns eventually "fade out" into a uniform color in the middle - like in the first column it fades into R-122 G-110 B-122 and with each successive column it seems to fade out quicker than the previous column until you get to column 8 where that pattern stops
* There appear to be random "dots" of "miscolor" throughout the columns - I cannot tell if these are intentional or if they are a translation error in the software that the creators used to render this thing in 16 colors

...---...XXXVII

[edit on 10-8-2008 by sos37]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I woke up to see that it has not been solved?

I tried stacking the "words" above each other and adding them - maybe silly
I tried folding it and add the colors - seemed promising
I tried adding the characters in the filename to the colors - maybe
Um, what else did I do.

I will read through to see what you all have done

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I'm the maintainer of the Decrypto program and website. Yesterday, there was an enormous uptick in usage and it ultimately disrupted all of the services on that server. Logs indicated that there were a very large number of requests coming in;

Users are a good thing, and I'm delighted to have new users directed to Decrypto! Decrypto is there to be used, and the online version is especially intended to make it easy for new users to get started without having to install anything. It's a good problem to have!

You can get the standalone here:

www.blisstonia.com...

I'm hoping he sees this as a business opportunity!
Hey I have an idea......

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
If anyone happens to run across a standalone freeware decryption program that works on MacOS, u2u me please?

Decrypto will work on any platform. It is a java program.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Aliens and abduction would be right up ATS' alley so that would make sense. Glad to see you came up with the word abduct too.

Yeah, I will work on that angle. This might be on the right track.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before, but has anyone yet run the name of the GIF file (8uhnbsgt62bg) through Decrypto? Here's what I came up with:

1 -2.4500 8grandso62ns
2 -2.4623 8genital62ia
3 -2.8424 8magnuso62ns
4 -2.8767 8unleash62es
5 -3.6651 8lusitan62ia
6 -4.1038 8rundste62dt
7 -4.3721 8docimas62ia

Words without the numbers:

grandsons
genitalia
magnusons
unleashes
lusitania
rundstedt
docimasia

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I was thinking that maybe this is just one word and each letter is what we think is a single word. Has any tried combing the individual colors of each "word" to form one color that could represent a letter?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

8lusitan62ia looks like a clue to me

The sinking of the Lusitania is a well-known conspiracy theory and was referenced in a previous game as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
what exactly is said here

in like simple simple simple terms

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Have anyone ever looked in clut? I am looking at it and wondering if there's anything to it?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

taking onto this

and I do not know if anyone gave thought to before post I had with the decrytion and think aardvark

but anyways if you type in "lusitania hidden agenda" in google, you get a lot of stuff about the ship and world war 1

thenagain.info...

Germany was seen by most Americans as a dangerous monarchy with autocratic militarist thinking, including a hidden agenda to undermine democracy and US power.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
8lusitan62ia

If that is important, 862 transfers over alphabetically to HFB.

Doing some Google searches of Lusitania and HFB yielded some results with names having the initials of HFB. Couldn't understand their relation to each other, though.

reply to post by ragster

I think that means not to do what several were doing before like sharpening the image, adjusting the contrast, or any other thing that would seriously distort the image.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ragster

It means don't alter the piture in a graphics program. Just examine the colors as they appear in the original GIF

In other words, Ian's extreme example from last night won't help solve it

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
does anyone believe "think aardvark" is anything?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

OMG I love your new avatar!

Totally off topic question (sorry the U2U's aren't working). What feature did you use to make the light rays come out of the background of the grid fragment? Someone made an avatar request for that feature but I didn't know how to do that so their avatar didn't get it. lol But if you could let me know, it would be much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
banging my head against wall on this one. What do we know so far.

Individual columns of color assumed to represent letters.
Bold pink columns denote breaks in words.
In RGB colors, only the green values change in the dominant color sections.
The blue and red are constant at 122.
Green values range from 93 to 115, omitting 105, 108, 111, 112, 113.

File name can either be a random-generated name or a possible clue.

Why the horizontal bars across the top and bottom? Is this a mirror/reflection similar to a practice? Is there data hidden within the bars?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thank you very much

I just found the effect in GIMP today.

Filters -> Light and Shadow -> Supernova

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

All true.

But I have a feeling that we should not only be looking at the large portions of the columns where the Red and Blue values are static. Those horizontal lines where Red and Blue values change must be there for a reason.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
can we use color filters and filter out some bars maybe revealing the real bars to be decrypted?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join