It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe we humans are an alien genetic engineering project ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Since around the age of 18 (I'm now 34) I've been seeking answers to all the big questions, like so many people on here have been for many years also. Over that time, I've read alot, researched alot, reflected on my findings and tried to piece together some answers. I've now for a very long time come to believe that the human species is the product of a genetic enginnering project that began a long long time ago. Whether we were created from scratch or were manipulated into an improved version of a more basic human species that was already here, I don't know what to think.

how many others here have reached a similar belief ? I hope people can answer without mocking my own opinion, I am not here to try and prove or defend my belief, just here to exchange thoughts in a conversational manner. I am simply interested in what conclusions others have reached "so far" on this journey we all share towards finding answers to lifes big questions.

We are now making rapid advancements with modern day genetic science. If we were indeed genetically engineered many moons ago, it is a natural part of our human evolution to have now reached a point where we stand on the precipice of being capable of doing exactly what our creators did : to manipulate the DNA of the human species, as well as that of other species, and to possibly reach a stage where we can even create an entirely new species of human. If you believe, as I do, we were created by beings not originally from Earth, and you consider for a moment where genetic science MAY lead us, then are we not almost at a point where we have come full circle ? We are nearly now "as the gods" who created us.

If you had created a species, would you not, as a scientist, keenly follow the progress of your creations ? would you not perhaps attempt to make adjustments in your creation where flaws become obvious . Would you not try to correct those flaws ? Moreover, as a scientist, would you stop there at your original creation , or would you seek to build upon your achievements and experiment further with the species you created, perhaps by cross breeding with other species ?

Would this scenario fit in with the activities of the greys for example ?

When we begin ourselves to create "improved" human beings through our own advancements in genetic science , are we really any different to the alien beings who may have created US this way ? Won't we too take a journey on the "darker" side, undertaking scientific projects aimed at created "superhumans", "drones" to do menial work (think 1984), military "killing machines" and the like. The drive that will compel our scientists to create these new humans is a natural part of our human makeup. As this new science evolves, much good will come of it as well as the "darker" stuff. We are after all darkness and light, yin and Yang, it won't all be pretty but that's the human way. And if our creators did something similar, then we are essentially no different to them.

Just about every creation tale on earth speaks of beings from beyond Earth coming down to this planet and having a hand in our creation. I firmly believe this to be the case, but am unsure as to whether humans are the product of one race's genetic engineering project or were many different races involved ? I'd be inclined to think of the former given humans across the world all look pretty much the same, give or take some height differences and skin tone variations.

Anyway, these are just some of my musings. I have many more but have probably said enough for now and am just interested in what the rest of you have come consider , think about, conclude or believe.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's a possibility! I watched Nassim Haramein's google video and that was the conclusion that he came to as well. If you are unfamiliar with him you should check it out!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
this is what i believe...
Mars was the sole "intelligently" inhabited planet in our solar system.
at this time, Martians were probably about 50 to 100 years more technologically advanced then we are presently.
They were able to freely visit their own moons, as well as Earth and our moon. They were probably aware of an impending, planet devastating asteroid impact.
They got as many as they could to the planet earth before this happened.
Earth proved to be a very difficult habitat to survive in, perhaps due
to our air content or perhaps because it was too cold.
Martians did not survive very well on our planet.
a few of their scientists decided that in order to save the species,
they would need to come up with a way to cross with one of our mammals. The found the most compatible Earth species were the chimpanzees. Successfully accomplishing this was the beginning of mankind as we know it.
not long after, the Martians died off completely. and man took over.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It is a possibility, but I do not believe it's a very strong one. I find it more likely that aliens seeded the planet with microbes or something that eventually developed into all the life we see on Earth now through evolution. But... I think it's even more likely that life just started here or came here from meteors. I'm just accepting that there are possibilities.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't entirely buy into the idea that human beings are the result of an alien race's genetic engineering project but I can consider the possibilty that at some point in the distant past, aliens came to Earth and kick-started genetic and cultural evolution in homo erecus in order to use these beings as slaves. The aliens installed an inherent belief in the divine in these pre-human slaves and, naturally, posed as their gods. The archaeological, architectural and linguistic record left behind suggests a scenario similar to this sparked our development as a species.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It would explain how modern humans just appeared out of nowhere. There could still be a missing link somewhere that has not been found. It seems fossils are actually quite rare, so they may never find one.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A good theory, & frankly a good possibility, from you Cosmic pixie. As said regarding ancient tales of entities from above, having some direct intervention on our behalf, I have no problem with the idea.

What fascinates me is the FACT that Neanderthal coexisted with modern man for well over 5000 years. It was a very long time ago, and our present technology can not say yes nor no, if the two species interbred. I would like to think that they did, but DNA scientifics just can't reach that far into the past.

On a religious note/tangent, & liberally speaking, I do not think our actual creation can clash with what records, written or verbal, that we have. I will always believe that our belief in a higher being will only be quantified, irregardless of disclosure or our potential genetic engineering is discovered. There is an interesting ATS thread - "Stargates are Real," that is rather long, but it deals with this subject/issue, especially who may have created us. The thread /OP is by UNDO. I strongly recommend visiting the thread as it is excellently researched.

We as humans are indeed on the scientific verge of modifying our own DNA, thus creating what will be a totally new & different human species. So in effect, perhaps we are "come full circle," as a species. We may indeed be about to make ourselves obsolescent. Change is an inevitability, but with it there may be some negative/adverse affects with our successors. Let us hope not.

If we do create a new "human species," it may be the only possible way to advance certain aspects of our interests.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

yes, this is what I have come to think. What I have called a "genetic engineering project" is what you call "kickstarting" genetic and cultural evolution".
I also think it entirely plausible, therefore, that they maintain interest in what they helped to create, and would be scientifically interested (and probably have other interests )in exploring what further advancements could be made with us. This would perhaps go some way towards explaining some of the reasons behind the experiments that go on within the abduction pehenomena, which I am inclined to believe do indeed go on.
Scientists do not typically abandon their experiments/creations/inventions. They usually see how these can be improved upon.

We see in our own society how controversial scientific undertakings invariably meet with opposition from various parties. This is certainly the case now with our present explorations into genetic manipulation and will always be so as the future unfolds. One could imagine a similar dissension occuring within a society that is not human : are the activities of the greys for example a cause for contention within certain factions of their own species ? Could this explain why there are accounts of greys who are benificent as well as tales of those who have a more sinister agenda ?

When we design something, it is usually for a purpose. We programme our design to do certain things, act in certain ways. A design is easy to manipulate and control, be it a computer, a car , a gadget. Controlling a new version of homo sapiens would perhaps not be so cut and dried, but with enough fine tuning over enough time, could be achieved ?

We came to view our creators as "gods". We came to view the head scientist or leader of these creators, "God". I have come to believe that humans mistake this "God" for the omniprescent ruler of the entire universe when in fact he was simply the leader of a group of non-human scientists/explorers or what have you. This "God" faced opposition from many of his own kind. Most rebel factions have a leader. Perhaps the leader in this scenario is one we have come to know as "Satan" or "Lucifer". He did not condone the creation of a slave race who had no free will of their own . He undertook actions to undo what had been done and was exiled because of it. Perhaps this involved further genetic alterations to undo the "programming", and/or "tainting" the "pure" genetic bloodline of "God's" created slave race through physically interacting with them, which would have introduced new genetic markers into the slave race's DNA.

that's just my take anyway.

It would stand to reason if this was true that ever since that time, humans have become rather divided in terms of bloodlines. There would likely still remain on this earth a number of humans who are pure, direct descendants of the slave race bloodline, while the rest (majority)of humanity is rather a hotch-potch of ancestry.

This is not as far fetched as it may sound if one visualizes where science may take us over the next 100-200 years. Perhaps by then we will have created groups of "new" humans...these people will go on to have children of their own, there may be laws against the new humans breeding with the "old" humans in order to keep the genetic future of the new humans from becoming weakened in any way. We may actually reach a point in time where "old" humans are far outnumbered by the new, "improved" version. Social engineering is then the real issue at hand rather than genetic modification ?

Does this not bring us back to square one in some ways if one presumed this theory correct for one minute. We will become as our creators were. Perhaps the one major difference will be that not all "new humans" will be created for purposes of control, though I am sure that will occur too.

Apologies for the ramble.....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DREAMING MAN

All the major creation stories tend to agree about how we came into being . According to these writings, beings from the skies/heavens/stars came to earth and were responsible for us coming into existence. This should indeed be where we start when attempting to figure out our origins. I just believe that the trouble has been that we confuse the "gods" who created us with the "God" /Creative Force /Cosmic Spiritual Source of the ENTIRE universe. I think we have built beliefs and religions around the leader of a certain planet - "god" with a little "g" rather than "God" with a capital "G". And personally to me, this "God" with the capital G is very likely not of physical form at all, it is an energy source, that which binds the entire universe together, the essential essence if you like of the creative force called LIFE. So I do believe in this "spiritual source" (and have felt it) but do not see it as a physical thing, ie a man on a throne surrounded by angels blowing trumpets.

That aside, it's very interesting what you speak of regarding Neanderthal man's coexistence with modern man - I am not up to speed on that subject but will put it on my research list...which just seems to keep on growing even after all these years (we should have two parallel lives I think, one intended purely to read and learn !! ). I have seen the stargate thread, yes - all fascinating stuff which I shall also be looking into more.

As for creating a new version of homo sapiens, I am actually all in favour of it. If it were not part of our purpose as learning, exploring human beings then we would not have the DNA markers within our species that compel us to tread this scientific territory. And yes, there will probably be horrors along with blessings through our adventures in genetic engineering but is darkenss not part of the journey along with the light ?
In 3000 years time humans as we know humans may no longer even exist, but nothing stays the same and we must move with these changes.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmic pixie
reply to post by DREAMING MAN

I would like to thank you for your kind & interesting response. I share similar thoughts on this subject.

As for the matter with God/god...as I said earlier, the concept of God is substantiated by His Quantifying presence. As we look far deeper into space/time, the human mind, the oceans depths, He is ever present, & yet greater, more majestic than before. I honestly do not think there are words to describe This Spirit or presence. Each of us must come to to terms with the concept of our creator, regardless of our background. You did great justice when you wrote...

"I think we have built beliefs and religions around the leader of a certain planet - "god" with a little "g" rather than "God" with a capital "G". And personally to me, this "God" with the capital G is very likely not of physical form at all, it is an energy source, that which binds the entire universe together, the essential essence if you like of the creative force called LIFE. So I do believe in this "spiritual source."

Well stated & genuine, I concur with you 100 percent!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would hope that aliens would be able to engineer something a little better than us. Like George Carlin said about the notion of God creating us. The best you could say is that he's an underachiever.

Given the potential of human beings to be so many things, I think any alien who engineered this package can certainly be accused of sloppy work and a terrific lack of imagination.

How about an exoskeleton, so we don't end up with skin cancer from simply walking around under our own sun? How about we all have about twice the I.Q.? Why not? Or night vision? Or the need to only sleep two hours a day, or so? Hey, why not telepathy? That might come in handy. Or the ability to survive long periods of time under water? I mean, it only covers 75 percent of the surface of our planet! It would be nice to be able to survive there.

Alien engineering? By remarkably dumb aliens, maybe.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It seems you have a pretty good take on this - for sure your not alone in your speculation about such things - your conclusions are quite similar to my own.

Interesting in the Bible how Elohim "gods" (plural) always seemed to be afraid of man becoming like them.
i.e., Tower of Babel incident as well as the eating of the fruit from the forbidden tree.

Again, interesting that a 'god' would be so concerned about the potential of its creation becoming like them - or more powerful.

What indeed would happen in the event that our robots become more intelligent, and the 'kill switch' does not work and they take over? (Kind of like the 'gods' in the garden had a 'kill switch' to decrease life span as soon as they saw how fast mankind was evolving.)

The saying, "what comes around goes around".

And even further - what if we are reliving our own past.
This whole talk of singularity, oneness, no time, etc. - all is one and one is all.
What if we are each part or rather we change and try out each role.
Time goes forward and backwards, etc. (looking at beliefs in religions...mainly mysticism) as well as its roots, ties, with quantum physics, etc.

This may not be that clear - especially if you havent already been thinking along these lines....

But anyway - good post from the O.P.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yes, I do believe that humanity was genetically engineered, and I too came to this conclusion after many long hours of research and contemplation.

Also, the concept of God being the "energy" of the universe is something that I've thought of many times. I've even said that "God is in the strings," pertaining to string theory; however, I also believe that God can and does still listen to us and effect our lives, or "answer prayers," if you will.

Many people who claim to have had alien encounters say that the aliens, themselves, believe in God.

Genetic engineering could also explain the different races of man.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am really on the fence about this one. The only thing that honestly makes me wonder, is the massive amount of diversity between the races (no racism intended). For instance, I can understand that looking differently in regards to pigment could easily be a result of environment. But what about race specific illnesses? Why the different bone structures? With this in mind I think theres 2 theories that make sence:

1: We are a genetic experiment done by one or more races.

2: Multiple comets/meteors littered the Earth with the necessary building blocks.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
~cosmicpixie you are a Holy Believer and you are On to Something (Pathway to Truth)

The Mingloucho Chronicles speak of Genetic Engineering (Holy) of our Race by the Greys to assist (Help) their Own Agenda . It is obvious in our DNA and Molar Shape

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You could be correct.

I do have one thing to say though, following your argument it would be fair to assume these alien life forms, the ones that created us I mean, also had genes themselves and that perhaps they were created themselves just like they created us and just like the race we are destined to create, but when did this cycle begin, with what life form?

If the original life form came about through some other means, other than being created by another race then why could we not have come about without this other race also?

I hope you understand what I am getting at. Although I have shown scepticism of your ideas in my post I don't doubt that with our current knowledge of things we cannot simply deny the possibility that we were created or that our planet was seeded by another race. Much the same as we cannot deny the possibility that life started here by other means that do not involve another race.

Nice topic by the way

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Originally no, I think humans were killed off in a huge war, then recreated/cloned.

I think the rh- people are from the original humans and rh+ are cloned bodies, but souls of original humans are in the clone bodies.

I come that conclusion because I remember it happening.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Shawn B.]

new topics

top topics

join