It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate

abcnews.go.com

John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extramarital affair with a novice filmmaker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What a ****bag! While his wife is laid up with cancer he's out banging another woman. Guess his reputation is shot to heck now.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
John Edwards has been through a lot in his life, as has his family. I'm not making excuses for him and I am not a fan of his politics or policies, but as a human being who acknowledges we are all flawed and make mistakes I feel bad that this will be discussed heavily by people out side of the family and I just feel bad for the family in general.

As opposed to some politicians who have been caught sexually harassing underage interns or buying prostitutes with government money Edwards had an affair with another consenting adult. If he were running for president still or if he was picked as the VP for Obama this may concern me more, but since neither is the case right now I have little interest in his sex life.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
***Accidental double post.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I find it disturbing the media is focusing on this story when there are so many REAL problems with the world right now.

WHO CARES....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 44-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.

Next on the agenda, John Edwards performing a stirring rendition of Meatloaf's "Two Outa Three Ain't bad."

[edit on 8-8-2008 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott

Exactly!

And I think it's wrong to judge a candidate on their sexual activities anyway. Tabloid America is always spending too much time worrying about who's sleeping with who, and not enough time considering the issues.

Yes, lying about it was bad. Lying is always bad. But in the MSM frenzy of finding something to make a scoop on, he didn't have much choice there. And cheating is always a bad character flaw, IMO.

But in the end, it's still a matter he should handle with his family, and not really newsworthy, in the truest sense of the word. Even more so now that he is out of the race.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 44-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.

Next on the agenda, John Edwards performing a storring rendition of Meatloaf's "Two Outa Three Ain't bad."

So he didnt inhale? That is priceless!

I worry about the timing. Much like Rush Limbaugh worried about the timing of that near-60-year-old Congressman from Florida who got his rocks-off with teenage boys. Just who has been sitting on this story? Eh? And for the record, I am neither liberal/progressive/democrat/right-winger/conservative/republican so I dont care. Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

I worry about the timing. Much like Rush Limbaugh worried about the timing of that near-60-year-old Congressman from Florida who got his rocks-off with teenage boys. Just who has been sitting on this story? Eh? And for the record, I am neither liberal/progressive/democrat/right-winger/conservative/republican so I dont care. Just sayin'.

National Enquirer broke this story 2 weeks ago...and no one cared.

So it was the MSM sitting on the story because Edwards happens to be a democrat.

new topics

top topics

join