It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's bloodbath ban on semi automatic rifles,shotguns and pistols.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I admit to not reading this whole thread, but my stance has remained. Any president who intends to infringe on any of our constitutional rights has no business being in office.

That said, if any attempt is made to take guns froms our homes, I'd say we can bet on it being E and that it will spell the end of or country.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just to update this thread, here is what Barack Obama thinks of your right to have a concealed carry license. Make sure and wait until he speaks at the end:

So there's one anti-gun measure that we definitely know he supports. He supports a federal ban on concealed carry permits. That may be something that he's admitted during the campaign, but if he has, I have not heard it.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by vor78]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just for the fun of it.......... take a look at the guns YOUR government allows you to own......... and then, take a look at the guns YOUR government allows themselves to own............... and then, tell me, honestly, do you really think YOUR government is afraid of the fact you have the puny weapons THEY allow you to own............?.............. Plus, when they come to get you, they're coming to one house at a time, with armored vehicles, and twelve individuals dressed in combat gear, with night vision goggles.................. make sure you show them your 12 gauge, I know they'll be impressed

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We have that here in Australia, it's not THAT bad.
It's actually a good thing to know that not every car that drives past could be someone going to drive-by you.

Guns are still accessible, just harder to come by.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We have that here in Australia, it's not THAT bad.
It's actually a good thing to know that not every car that drives past could be someone going to drive-by you.

Guns are still accessible, just harder to come by.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

McCain isn't that old. His mother is still alive as well. Besides, Palin has more political experience than BO.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I was just up in the woods "deerhunting" in my treestand and some guy walked 50 yards off to my side with a kid. They were talking and walking about something; ticked me off because the land is private and they didn't have permission, not good etiquette... even. A couple of minutes later I heard 6 shots that sounded like an automatic firearm. I ain't kidding, they were so closed together it was ridiculous. Seconds... What do ya need to deerhunt with, a submachine gun? A blind man could shoot a deer with a Beretta. Yeah, I think they should be illegal to hunt with. If the guy can't aim any better than that then he shouldn't be in the woods. And what's the kid thinking? That's not sportsmanship or skill; it's something else. My thoughts. Any gun that doesn't cause you to pause or do something other than pull a trigger between shots is a bad gun in the woods. Anything you hit is potential swiss cheese before you know what you hit....

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
I admit to not reading this whole thread, but my stance has remained. Any president who intends to infringe on any of our constitutional rights has no business being in office.

That said, if any attempt is made to take guns froms our homes, I'd say we can bet on it being E and that it will spell the end of or country.

I think that most people worrying about gun control are willingly deluding themself into mistaking their gear fetish for "constitutional rights". As somebody addicted to gear myself, I can sympathize with that, but can't take this too seriously.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Besides, Palin has more political experience than BO.

If you scale experience by population and complexity of the respective constituencies, that can't possibly be true.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

When they get to Oklahoma they had better bring more than twelve men!

A plan is in the works.

Roper

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
And I suppose you all will ignore that his position on guns is almost exactly like Clinton's?

MAYBE assault rifles get banned (again), maybe not. Hand guns, rifles, and the rest should be fine.

He has already said he thinks the constitution protects those rights from federal intervention.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Buy a Tank lots of Tanks.

Tanks

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I wouldn't buy an American made tank though. They are overpriced, come with lame warranties that won't cover the crappy cosmetic accessories that will fall apart, and will average half as MPG as foreign tanks.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I've never really understood this country's fetish with guns. So SOME assualt rifles get banned, does it really matter if a criminal tries to bust into your house at night whether you can pop a few caliber size bullets into him? We're the most armed nation in the world by far.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

You are right on target. Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed... No if's and's or butt's.

No one can control guns;heck they can't evan control drugs. What you do is punish the lawbreakers,criminals, not turn the honest citizen into a criminal by writing an unenforceable law.

There was a county in GA where they passed a law that every adult citizen was to be armed. Of cource they didn't enforce the law BUT alot of people started carrying firearms and all facets of force crimes went drastically down when word got out. IT WORKED and no one went postal.

With the economy tanking, I strongly suggest everyone get pistol permits. Crime will be on the steady rise from this point on- 10+ years as a cop- I guarentee it!!

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join