It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's bloodbath ban on semi automatic rifles,shotguns and pistols.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is a little different thread than the one here related to the facts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In this thread I would like to hear what people think will happen if he does get into office and begins his long term goals of banning all firearms with his first step being his decree on semi automatics.

A. The sheeple will follow along and give them up.
B. The country will erupt in civil war.
C. The country will erupt and take it out on Obama's race.
D. The final outcome will be the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of foreign and domestic troops,black water mercenaries, and law abiding citezens, turning America into an entire nation of insurgents fighting an illegal government.
E. B,C and D above.

Lets hear your opinions (no facts, they are already verified in the link above) as to how you think the abandonment of the second amendment will play out on the streets of America under Obama's leadership.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think that's going a bit over the top with the assumptions.

I agree that the law abiding people will give up or shutter their firearms, but criminals won't. After all, we all know how much criminals respect the law don't we?

All that's going to do is leave law abiding citizens more helpless and at the mercy of criminals who do possess guns and then if law abiding citizens pull out their firearms to fight back, they are the ones who will be punished for it.

I think Obama's ban on guns is a huge step in the wrong direction. Besides, what happened to this???

Obama Supports Supreme Court Ruling on Gun Ban
www.guardian.co.uk...

Barack Obama intensified his campaign to appeal to voters on the life-and-death issues of the American heartland yesterday by stepping away from his past support for gun control.

Now he's in favor of banning guns??? Am I missing something here or did somebody order a Texas sized waffle?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by sos37]

[edit on 8-8-2008 by sos37]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
option F. A multi billion dollar per year industry known as the Domestic Firearm Black Market will erupt, giving people like me with lots of guns the ability to name my price for just about any gun.

Soon to be followed by option G: The feds institute yet another "war", this time the War on Guns. America dives into a fascistic society, civil war erupts, just about everyone dies, and I live happily ever after dining on the carcasses of dead federal agents

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Now what will happen will be A, I think. Everyone will give up their weapons cause for the most part, no one likes breaking the law. There maybe some people willing to fight, but I seriously doubt that it would get as far as D...

I also predict a huge jump in crime once this happens, cause once it's known that the average Joe can't have an Semi-automatic.... the criminals will have the jump on them.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He then stated that his stand on gun issues has not changed one bit.

He is merely distancing himself from the issue. Avoiding answering the question.

All responders please read the attached link above and be educated as to the material in question.

This is not the debate of if he will, it is a question of the outcome of if he does.

His stand on what he intends has not changed.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JessicaS

Of the 120 million or more gun owners if 2% fight back that is 2 1/2 million gun battles on the streets of America because of Obama. If 10% do, welcome to Iraq.

Let me stop right here and say although I am against any ban on weapons that Look Like assault weapons, and there are in fact no assault weapons in America today without a ClassIII permit. There is no such thing as an assault weapon in America today, only look alikes in semi auto.

I do however strongly endorse the Brady bill and mandatory background checks as well as the new mental health checks.

I do believe in strong standards for ownership as any educated person should.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I hope he takes away all the guns... I mean how else will we be safe if we aren't disarmed? Makes perfect sense!

We're so **cked.

Even if you could take the best parts of Obama and combine them with the best parts of McCain, we'd still be **cked.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
anything is possible and everything is possible, if you vote obama you might as well hand over your guns

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.
FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by bamaoutlaw]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I don't much care for any of them. McCain is too old in my opinion. He voted right on gun control but the reality is a vote for Mccain is the election of the new VP to President. The job is far to taxing to be placed on the shoulders of older folks.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

Hold on there cowboy. The facts go on the other thread, we are just feeling out the end results IF he did happen to make it and started up.

Thanks much for the support though. Star for that.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think it will be ignored, both from the gov't side and the Citizens. If any action is taken, it will be done the way GW Bush did it... wait until some disaster hits some place, then move the goons in and disarm the population while they are too messed up from trying to stay alive in the first place.

I think that will happen once or twice, then we'll probably get into sit D, or SE's option G.

But I don't lose much sleep over it. Such action might be the lance to the boil that US politics has become.

And I don't expect any better from any politico. A well-armed, well-educated populace is the bane of all authoritarian governments, whatever window dressing they put on the name. This government, through several generations, has taken care of the well-educated side of that.

Now they may well be working on the well-armed side. And it aint just Democrats... see re: Bush Goons / New Orleans / Katrina.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
D. The final outcome will be the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of foreign and domestic troops,black water mercenaries, and law abiding citezens, turning America into an entire nation of insurgents fighting an illegal government.

That's why it hasn't yet happened, and that's why it won't happen. The government knows that.

If the government ever seriously challenged the 2nd Amendment, the country would rise up and "secure the free state" as it is charged to do. Firearm owners would become outlaws or "insurgents" in their own land.

It's not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
All I know is that I feel much safer having an unregistered gun, just in case.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

You are correct my friend. It appears to be Obama bashing on the surface when in fact he is the only one the those kind (gun grabbers) that is making it to the front of the pack.

Many more traitors to America wait in the wings.

Now we know every American president is sworn in. The swear on the bible or in Obama's case the Koran or what ever the book isn't important, but they swear to their god and their country to defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic.

If the do one act against either the constitution or the bill of rights they are a traitor to their country and a traitor in the eyes of their god.

Let me again state I don't like any of the candidates. To me its like picking through bowls of leftovers in the fridge. The kind that don't get better on the second day.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm not very concerned because the odds of Obama winning are pretty slim.
Now if he were elected....

Ive been a legal owner for 2 years. Ive taken all necessary classes to be a responsible owner. If anyone tries and strips me of that right, they will get my guns bullets first. No doubt about it.

Those that don't own won't understand that to a lot of people, the right to own is very important in terms of freedom and feeling American. I know several people that have been saved by their firearms. More than those whom have been victims. It seems the media leaves the good out of everything.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Ive been a legal owner for 2 years. Ive taken all necessary classes to be a responsible owner. If anyone tries and strips me of that right, they will get my guns bullets first. No doubt about it.

just to be clear, do you mean that if the police come to take your gun, you will shoot at them as well? This again brings up the importance of having an unregistered gun. If you have a "legal" gun, that means it's linked to you in a database somewhere... and the very instant they want to take it from you, they know where to find you.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is fear mongering at its finest folks.

You must sign a paper to buy one in a store and be checked out. Anytime you need some cash you may sell it to a friend, at a garage sale or in the newspaper and its perfectly legal There are so may millions of secondary transfers every year that database is useless for anything besides recording store purchases and they damn well know it.

You are being sheepled if you feel that a single transaction means you are even satisfied with it and keep it for more than a couple days.

you buy a gun and it turns out to be a lemon. You sell it to your friend and he takes it apart and uses pieces to fix to lemons he already has. Now how are you supposed to be accountable for that purchase when you did the right thing and recycled it?

Yet this is the very lie used to get fools to hand them over.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Banning ALL semiautomatics? I just can't imagine that. Sheesh some states would try to succeed from the union again.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

Originally posted by AndrewTB

just to be clear, do you mean that if the police come to take your gun, you will shoot at them as well? This again brings up the importance of having an unregistered gun. If you have a "legal" gun, that means it's linked to you in a database somewhere... and the very instant they want to take it from you, they know where to find you.

If the police are trying to strip me of my rights, absolutely. This is coming from one thats highly supportive of the law enforcement community.

Here in Florida there is no such thing as a registered gun unless you get into Class 3 stuff. There are no database and you can legally own a gun without there ever being a trace amount of info on the purchase.

Your still subject to background checks, so I assume they could see a gun shop requested the check and can track owners down that way. Not fully sure on that theory.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

It really shouldn't be that surprising, assuming it is true. Most Democratic party officials (and a few in the Republican party as well) support strict gun control. Obama is a known supporter of a permanent assault weapons ban and the fact is, there's not much of a leap at all between a semi-automatic 'assault' rifle and a semi-automatic 'hunting' rifle.

Their strategy is to do it incrementally. First, it'll be AR-15s, AK-47s and other so-called assault rifles. 5-10 years later, those semi-automatic hunting rifles will be gone, too. 5-10 years after that, you can kiss lever, bolt and pump actions goodbye. This is assuming that they don't kill manufacture and possession of ALL centerfire ammunition in the meantime, which has been a goal of the gun ban lobby for years.

All they'll eventually leave will be single shots and say, 'See, we support the 2nd Amendment. These are just common sense gun laws.' Common sense my backside. Its not about combating crime, its about control.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join