It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a 'DISINFO' agent?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by himself
Why would posts be edited while posting?
Edited from 4 paragraphs to one half paragraph that says nothing?

I think you'll find that ATS runs - as most message boards do, on a MYSQL database.

The interesting thing about such databases is that when you are creating a record, it is locked, and only the person who has that exclusive record open at the time can access it.

As such posts most certainly cannot be edited while someone is in the middle of posting them.

Also, until your post is created, no one else knows it exists.

If you seriously think that someone sits in a room 24/7/365 monitoring thousands and thousands of posts a month just to wait for one to pop up that you start writing in order to edit it, then you have the kind of imagination George Lucas needs to freshen up his Star Wars series.

No I don't think any person sits in a room 24/7 editing posts.
But it happens that I type 4 paragraphs and click post
and half of only one paragraph show up as my post.
FACT
That my posts are modified
FACT
That I've been locked out of editing the modified posts
FACT

You may be personally unaware one of your mods is messing with me.
or...
It may be hacking.

I just know it happens.
I do not blame you personally, nor any mod.
I always remain open to all possibilities.

If your forum is being hacked, you should be concerned.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by himself

I'm trying to bite my tongue, and sit on my hands, 'himself'....

hey, I started this melee, in 'Board Business'. I don't get points for it, I just invited discussion. SO....discuss WHETHER YOU THINK I AM A DISINFO AGENT or not!

Yeah, it's fun....we can do a bit of free-for-all because it's Board Business....or can we?

Sorry for the CAPS....just needed to draw attention.

I'm going to go see 'Batman' tommorrow....and as Kathy Griffin would say...."Look at my pretty Emmy"

Actually, she'd say something dirty, and against the T&Cs....but since there might be children in the audience, I won't repeat....(everyone likely knows what I mean....)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Intelligent discussion entails reading completely the opposite paradigm. It then entails digesting and thinking about what paradigm you have and are operating from. then dissonance and discord between the two paradigms is considered and language is constructed and communicated to the original sender of the message.
It is obvious that when a post is made and three or four posters immediately reply with ridicule, name calling (idiot, moron, crazy, nuts, and other emotionally charged words) with the clear, repeat crystal clear intention of putting the original poster on the defensive as a person and not replying with a thoughtful, obviously deeply considered rebuttal to the point of view and the perspective and facts offered, then you are dealing with a person not worth wasting your God given oxygen to reply to or interact with.
Those individuals might be disinformation agents, with the agends to squelch following threads of truth until they become ropes and then cables in this weave of deception, or they might just be oafish and low class (insert favorite name here) themselves. Lots of times what pisses me off the most about another person is that I see myself in their offensive behavior and actions, and dare not address the issue (idioicy, moronmism, ignorance, stupidity or anger within myself).
that being said, I will not waste my precious God given time, energy and oxygen on replying to them. If you get into a pissing contest with a skunk, you will lose. Pearls before swine, a dog turning to his own vomit type of anology.
some people were born needing to have a glass bellybutton installed and others develop that by long years of practice.
Another tip off is the absolute certainty with which some of these individuals reply, usually meaning they had a poor relationship with their father.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Thanks for your post....fmc....

Not sure what you said, but it was entertaining, nonetheless!

NOW....am I a 'disinfo' agent? That was the topic at hand.

Calm down, read carefully, and then respond with an answer.

Thank you!!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by fmcanarney

Thanks for your post....fmc....

Not sure what you said, but it was entertaining, nonetheless!

NOW....am I a 'disinfo' agent? That was the topic at hand.

Calm down, read carefully, and then respond with an answer.

Thank you!!

Are YOU a disinfo agent?
Is this a disinsnfo forum?

Why edit my simple truthful posts otherwise?

Answer the question YOU asked and extrapolate that to a forum that edits members posts as they are posted.
Disinfo?
Or fear of honest info?

Why edit members posts as they are posted otherwise?
What are you afraid of?

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

WAS LEAR RIGHT WHEN HE GAVE HIS OPINION OF ATS ON COASTTOCOAST AM?

WHAT IS ATS AFRAID OF?

Why edit my posts, as they are posted, if you are not disinfo agents?

Does my simple truth upset you so badly?

Why not just let me conform to forum rules like everyone else?
Why the special attention?

What about my posts upsets you forum powersthatbe so much?

My actual posts that is, not the modified versions I did not post.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by himself]

[edit on 19-8-2008 by himself]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
...as the deadliest spies always have been.

Yes but a spy is an info merchant not a disinfo agent.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Question IS the Weed Wacker a disinfo agent?

Well John Lear has been labeled such and he is a pilot
He has also said he has inside knowledge
He thanked people for every post

Weedwacker has stated that he is also a pilot
I saw spookjr mention that Weed Wacker had inside knowledge
He thanks people for every post

Based on the above logic and no other available data...

It is only logical to assume that Weed Wacker is indeed a disinfo agent

Case closed

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Case is NOT closed, Zorgon....and YOU KNOW IT!!!!

Hey! I just found BTS, because I'm shopping for a used car....and I was directed here....never knew it existed.....what other terrible tales have you been spreading about me, hmmmmm???

Of course, I am joking.....you know that, by now.....and, how IS JL, BTW????

Well, I hope?

I thought about flying aganst him, if we could work it out....but not sure how, exactly....and in fact, I would not want to compete AGAINST him.....I'd prefer to earn his respect, if he could see me fly....wouldn't that be a better option????

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Yes but a spy is an info merchant not a disinfo agent.

Oh yes, that's true, isn't it? But I always imagine a disinfo agent as working in cahoots with a squadron of bots which home in on the IP addresses (or whatever) of the posters who respond to the agent's posts and track their internet use from then on. The results are analyzed by experts who identify them as Potential Enemies of the Ordo Novus (PEONs). Dossiers are compiled.

In due course, countermeasures will be taken.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Asty, where can I get me one of them there squadron of bots to home in on the intertubes, so I can track down all the varmints?

I should retire to the basement, to work on the solution.....I shall emerge, in three years' time....pasty white, with long toenails. But, I will then be rich beyond all dreams of avarice!! Kinda like Steve Wozniak?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

More like Howard Hughes from your description.

He was a pilot too, I seem to remember, until he got Spruce Goosed.

Are you sure you never held Harlow's hand?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
In due course, countermeasures will be taken.

Escape route planned... three passports... err ummm yeah okay all covered

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Asty, where can I get me one of them there squadron of bots to home in on the intertubes, so I can track down all the varmints?

Bot Group # 1

Bot Group # 2

Bot Group # 3

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
They dont have to pay disinfo agents...just load up a common person with disinfo and turn them loose. Helps to have a well educated person with alot of certificates and degrees with some status in society to be an effective one.

So the answer is yes...You are a disinfo agent,,,,most of us are.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wish I could be an ATS disinfo agent. Getting paid to browse this site all day. That would be a dream come true.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
no you are not. Though I do not agree that ATS staff can ferrett one out as readily as you report.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ferret Bueller's Day Off

Originally posted by fmcanarney
no you are not. Though I do not agree that ATS staff can ferrett one out as readily as you report.

It is not the role or responsibility of the staff to ferret out "disinfo agents". We are expected to enforce the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, and that's all.

Thus the question of who is or is not a "disinfo agent" is up to each member to decide, just as it should be.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
It is not the role or responsibility of the staff to ferret out "disinfo agents". We are expected to enforce the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, and that's all.

So what you are saying is that there are disinfo agents here that are known but it's not in the job description to rat em out?

Hmmmmm

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Secret Agent, Man

Originally posted by zorgon
So what you are saying is that there are disinfo agents here that are known but it's not in the job description to rat em out?

No, that's not what I said.

I'm just saying it's not our job to decide who is a "disinfo agent" and who's not. We do not maintain a list of "disinfo agents" and are not qualified to do so.

Any such list would necessarily be derived from personal opinions and would almost certainly be catastrophically wrong. :shk:

ATS is not about making decisions for people. We offer a place for people to exchange ideas and leave it to them to decide what to believe.

It's not a "perfect system", but it is far better than any other "system" I know of.

You must decide for yourself who to believe. The ATS staff cannot make that decision for you.

Sorry if that sucks, but it's better than the alternatives.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join