It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a 'DISINFO' agent?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Correct information and facts seem like "disinformation" to a closed mind!

Do your posts get 'edited as you post' like mine do?
Maybe someone decided what you are trying to post disproves their pet beliefs?

Why would posts be edited while posting?
Edited from 4 paragraphs to one half paragraph that says nothing?

Why would sentences be added to posts?
Then the ability to edit that post blocked?

Is someone hacking this forum?
or has some mod gone off the deep end?
or trying to push me off the deep end?

I'd rather believe the hacking theory.

I moderate at other forums and do not edit posts without warning members to do so themselves or I will.
Any mod editing out what they disagree with seems both despicable and childish to me.
Will I now be banned for asking these questions?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I wonder if I changed my title to say I'm a 6ft pink bunny from the Moon people would believe that?

No not pink... you would be to easy to spot on NASA gray...

Whether that makes someone who claims Nibiru is 1400ft wide and made of rubber, or that HAARP makes a very good cup of tea, a disinfo agent is therefore an interesting point

Well your pretty safe on those two... as no one can refute what Nibiru is made of till it gets here and I am very positive HAARP can put out enough microwaves to boil your tea water Earl Gray or Red Rose?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Dive into the world of cognitive science, neurobiology, philosophy, etc....and the first thing that will strike you is the idea that the most immediate "disinfo agent" you're likely to encounter resides right between your own ears.

Proof of which is exhibited on these forums repeatedly.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
What's that saying about "doth protest too much?"

Just kidding ya, CWW. If you could just see your way to acknowledging chemtrails (especially for someone who spends so much time watching the skies), and realizing that 9/11 was an inside job (you're already halfway there, considering your feelings about the evil Bush/Cheney cabal), I'd help you squash the whispering campaign.

Anyway, you're too smart to not have figured out what's going on.

LOL! Exactly.

He is a disinformation agent!!!

Or just stuck in the Left Hemisphere.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by himself

Correct information and facts seem like "disinformation" to a closed mind!

Do your posts get 'edited as you post' like mine do?
Maybe someone decided what you are trying to post disproves their pet beliefs?

Why would posts be edited while posting?
Edited from 4 paragraphs to one half paragraph that says nothing?

I think you'll find that ATS runs - as most message boards do, on a MYSQL database.

The interesting thing about such databases is that when you are creating a record, it is locked, and only the person who has that exclusive record open at the time can access it.

As such posts most certainly cannot be edited while someone is in the middle of posting them.

Also, until your post is created, no one else knows it exists.

If you seriously think that someone sits in a room 24/7/365 monitoring thousands and thousands of posts a month just to wait for one to pop up that you start writing in order to edit it, then you have the kind of imagination George Lucas needs to freshen up his Star Wars series.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Dive into the world of cognitive science, neurobiology, philosophy, etc....and the first thing that will strike you is the idea that the most immediate "disinfo agent" you're likely to encounter resides right between your own ears.

Proof of which is exhibited on these forums repeatedly.

That seems to be the picture, make your own spy well. Everyone proficient at the art of deception tells their tricks. Mine is to make you read a whole bunch of facts to find out what you disagree with. I don't have the power to change peoples minds, like you say they're their worst enemy.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rightwingnut

rwn.....I love the fact that SOMEBODY knows the differences between, 'their', 'theyre' and 'there'.

Good show!!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
rwn.....I love the fact that SOMEBODY knows the differences between, 'their', 'theyre' and 'there'.

Well I never called you a 'disinfo agent' Herr Weedwacker...

Just and English Professor...

Now I wonder where I got that impression from?

[edit on 23-12-2012 by zorgon]

Edited for typo

[edit on 11-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sheesh! I just complimented someone!!!

AND, I get the full Monty?

OK, I admit it....I read a lot....and thusly have a pretty good sense of grammar and spelling....in English. So, sue me!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker and the one above it by Zorgon

Well, weedwhacker, old chum: I, for one appreciate your sturdy defence of the language we both love so well against the hordes of grammatical and syntactical disinformation agents that infest this place.

Zorgon, you're the real disinformationist: you don't believe the half of what you post. But you're no professional; you're an amateur, in the game for the love of it...

...as the deadliest spies always have been.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
you're an amateur,

Quite true I don't get a plugged nickel for this...

Alms anyone?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Considering that we are parroting the things we see, read and hear, I would say that ALL of us are disinfo agents. That's conspiracy for you.

Whether or not you meant this as a joke, this may well be one of the most intelligent and insightful posts I've seen here in awhile.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes you are, I know you are I saw your check it was from the disinfo Co.

It was sent to me by mistake and I open it and and it had a note with it and it said Thank you WeedWhacker for makeing so many members on ATS for loseing their tempers, smashing their keyboards punching their monitors.
We thank you for makeing grown men cry.
We thank you for makeing ATS a fighting ring.
And keep up the good work for the Disinfo Co.

PS next month you get a raise 25 cents more an hour!

LOL Just kidding LOL.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools

Considering that we are parroting the things we see, read and hear, I would say that ALL of us are disinfo agents. That's conspiracy for you.

Whether or not you meant this as a joke, this may well be one of the most intelligent and insightful posts I've seen here in awhile.

Not true... those parroting would be the sheep... the disinfo agent would be the shepherd

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just 'bumping' my thread....hey, it's Board Business, I don't get any points. BUT, I do like the discussions it's raised....

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
ha noone knows ever here of hal turner the racist? he was really an fbi agent.

Nobody knows unless people go and find out. and in the end who cares anyhow.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't know how it is where you live, zorgon, but where I live a beggar who puts out his left hand for alms isn't going to get anything but a tongue-lashing. The left is the unclean hand, used for one purpose only.

By the way, is that your palm? Interesting line of the head. If I had to guess at the occupation of the owner, I'd say...

...disinformation agent.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools

yes, the Android Meme has been spotted.
the Android Meme is in 'control'.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I must have missed weedwackers' inside knowledge of things. To what inside knowledge is he refering?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I don't know how it is where you live, zorgon, but where I live a beggar who puts out his left hand for alms isn't going to get anything but a tongue-lashing. The left is the unclean hand, used for one purpose only.

Ah yes the hand you wipe yer butt with
So what does the beggar who has lost his right hand do? And does that mean that left handed people are unclean? Hmmmm

Well where I come from beggars can net 300.00 per day, own a mansion and drive a Ferrari AND not have to pay income tax

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join