It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a 'DISINFO' agent?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well...no, I am not.

In fact, I believe that any such individuals would be found out, very quickly, by the staff here at ATS.

Posting here, in Board Business, to not get accused of 'trolling' for points.

Now, having said that....when I bring a civil, intelligent discussion into a thread, sometimes I'm accused of being a -AHEM- 'paid' DISINFO agent. I laugh, because if I'm getting paid for this, then where is my check???

Guess we've all been dealt that hand. I'm not complaining, nor whining, just bringing up a subject that has doubtless been discussed before...hence, I used this forum.

Hope others have thought of this?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You get called a 'disinfo agent' normally by those that disagree with you.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think its really a classic Strawman / Ad Hom style of arguing. If you cannot get someone with the facts, better to obfusticate and side track if you are getting behind.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

FredT....do you mean when I bring out facts, because of my inside knowledge, then others attack ME and accuse me?

I know, it is difficult to convey what I know, by writing it. So much of communication requires the subtlety, the nuances of words, gestures and expression. Hence, the dilemma....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
you know, i'm not saying you are or aren't, but i will say that most of the people accused of being paid desk agents all say, 'if i'm getting paid, where's my check?'.
that's exactly what a paid shill would say, so it's kind of moot to say it, no?.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

by weedwhacker

In fact, I believe that any such individuals would be found out, very quickly, by the staff here at ATS.

I've been called a 'disinfo agent'.

reply to post by billybob

Me as a 'disifo agent'?

Nothing could be further from the truth even though the accusation of being paid for it still needs to surface in my case.

However, one would expect me to say that, wouldn't they?

[IMO]
Getting pegged with these types of 'Ad Hom' attacks are nothing less than a personal insult. It's slander, pure and simple, and needs to be backed up with undeniable facts before it can carry weight. The term is obnoxious and venomous and deserving of extreme retaliation if unfounded on those facts.
[/IMO]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

billybob....yes, I understand the concept. OF COURSE a 'disinfo' agent would protest....hence, the dilemma.

It's like 'wheels within wheels'....who knows who's telling the truth?

Well, I think the owners of this site can figure it out, they're smart fellows.

Please note, I didn't not use the homonym 'their' or 'there'....I include this hopefully for those who come along and read, and understand.

Seems, because I know how to type, or have an education, I am immediately labeled a 'DISINFO' agent.

edit to type in an 'r' in the word 'understand'....see, I make mistakes too....
Says a lot obout some who wish to accuse me, doesn't it?

[edit on 8/8/0808 by weedwhacker]

edit...another typo!! LOL!!!! stet....

[edit on 8/8/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would say a good percentage of the people on ATS are "disinfo agents," whether they know it or not, regardless if they are paid or unpaid.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My personal opinion on this is to ignore it.

No matter what, the argument will phrase itself as follows:

"Yes you are a disinfo agent" "No I'm not" "Prove that you aren't!" "Prove that I am!"

Eh... And when one does defend themselves from such accusations the argument then is "If you weren't then you wouldn't be all defensive" and if you ignore it then the argument is "See, he's silent, obviously it's true"

To be perfectly honest, I find the whole thing rather redundant and boring. People will make accusations against others if they don't like what they have to say. Sadly, that's not gonna change anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What's that saying about "doth protest too much?"

Just kidding ya, CWW. If you could just see your way to acknowledging chemtrails (especially for someone who spends so much time watching the skies), and realizing that 9/11 was an inside job (you're already halfway there, considering your feelings about the evil Bush/Cheney cabal), I'd help you squash the whispering campaign.

Anyway, you're too smart to not have figured out what's going on.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Considering that we are parroting the things we see, read and hear, I would say that ALL of us are disinfo agents. That's conspiracy for you.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm considering forming a union for all of us.

I've been accused of being a disnfo agent, a gov't shill and, my personal favorite, psyops. that's right, someone once said "crakeur is a psyop"

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hey, I was once accused of being John Lear!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Do I have to learn to be an "Information Agent" before becoming a "Dis-Information Agent"?

I'm not really up on all the requirements, but if there is pay, I'm in!!!!

If all one gets accused of being is a Dis-Information Agent, I think one should feel lucky...

You should hear what I get called almost daily at work..

Well, children shouldn't

Semper

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

you're staff now, automatic disinfo status.

by the way, the gov't cheese has been wired over. no worries, I know you didn't give me your bank info. got it from the boys in black.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by semperfortis

you're staff now, automatic disinfo status.

by the way, the gov't cheese has been wired over. no worries, I know you didn't give me your bank info. got it from the boys in black.

Could you please make sure this weeks goes to the Cayman account and not the Swiss? Thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I swear I got it. every third check goes cayman. make one mistake and the guy never forgets.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

i don't know if you know how brilliant that is, but it is. this is the kind of (non)stance truthseekers need to take.
there are CERTAINLY paid government shills on this site, and, perhaps even muslim extremists disguised as 'bleeding heart liberals', and on all sites which are political hot potatoes, BUT, the fact is, there are WAAAAAAY more joe six packs picking sides than there are professionals, and BOTH sides pedal disinfo, knowingly, or unknowingly.
i myself, a total independent joe two four, have bolstered ridiculous theories(not saying i was wrong, nudge, nudge) and have changed my stance on issues several times, depending on what info i'm holding at the moment.
I AM A DISINFO AGENT!!!!
but, although that is true, because i CONSIDER and PROPAGATE theories that may or may not be true, it doesn't mean that i'm EVIL or that i have an AGENDA. it only means that i am 'sharing' my current position in the tao of information.

mcluhan's "tetrad management" addresses this modern problem.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I can't think why anyone would think I am (or was) a US Govt Disinformation Agent

Mind you, it's probably easier to believe than the fact I actually own an Antique Centre in a small English market town! (Which thinking about it sounds just the sort of 'cover' a real Agent would use .....
)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
that's right, someone once said "crakeur is a psyop"

Well just look at your avatar... I mean really says psyops all over...
And those glasses... I think I see FBI on the brim...

But seriously... I think we need a proper definition of just what exactly constitutes disinfo agent...

If a person on either side of the fence promotes their belief, and they are wrong... then in effect they are spreading disinfo...

But that doesn't make them an agent

As to that psyops thing... I would go with it... always good to keep people guessing
Ya know I could get a buddy over at Psitech to

errrr never mind

PS Does it come with a cool badge? Official ATS Disinfo Agent??

I like this one

[edit on 9-8-2008 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join