It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

law of conservation of energy=God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

In short, the law of conservation of energy states that energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another or transferred from one body to another, but the total amount of energy remains constant (the same).

en.wikipedia.org...
now let me give you scientific proof of a god.

God has always existed......Hmmmm so has energy
Energy can't not die...it only changes form..hmmmmm sounding like god to me folk's.

the alpha and omega.

without energy there would be nothing....
we owe all of existence to energy....
planets star's...air..water..EVERYTHING.

now can we all be happy...

I will carry you. I will be with you till the end of days,
Energy is always with us but can never be seen.
see my point or shall i go on lol

energy is god and god is energy.
thus scientific proof shows there is a god...
a creator of all life and everything.Energy....

So now it's up to mankind to figure out if energy is God himself..
thank you for reading my theory on the proof of existence of god.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
LOL 83 views not one soul can see my point lol

energy can never die and always exists folk's....

it is everything...and everyone..

it is proof beyond a doubt...energy could possible be god...and we are all part of god..

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
..a main reason why I am an atheist. Energy (/matter), space and time are the same thing so nothing can exist before it. For something to "create" something it would have to preceed it so where would it reside? It would need space.

I'm wondering.. what is the conspiracy here?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

if nothing existed before matter, what started it off. don't you have to have cause and effect. the bible says God has always existed so that solves that one but if there is no God, then what started/caused energy?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

ummm... the point being that the ignore button is an under-utilized resource...?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by riley

if nothing existed before matter, what started it off. don't you have to have cause and effect.

Yeah.. but nothing can exist outside space and time; for there to be a "before" requires time.. and therefore space. There are also the multiverse and luckaband theories but given your next statement I doubt you'd be interested..

the bible says God has always existed so that solves that one but if there is no God, then what started/caused energy?

It also says the planet was made in seven days and that humans were made from mud pies. I do not consider the bible to be a scientific resource. funny.. at last someone tries to use actual scientific fact as an argument for god yet when that fails someone comes out with the tired "but the bible says" as though a compilation of religious mythologies can somehow compete against scientific research. If you are going to argue against physics bring more to the table than ye old "but god can exist outside time and space" as that in itself requires for him/it to exist somewhere in it's own reality.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by riley]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

Have you considered the option that no -one agrees with you "point"

it is proof beyond a doubt...energy could possible be god...and we are all part of god..

"Could be" does not constitute as proof, proof means something else.

now let me give you scientific proof of a god.

You cannot prove or disprove the existence of "god" or "gods" (be it God, Allah, Wodan, Apollo, etc ). And you did not provide proof at all, you provided "a thought" you had.

You contradict yourself in that sentence, first you say "proof beyond a doubt" and then you say "could possibly be"...

The argument that fundamentalist christians always use "god has always existed" is just ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

that didn't answer the question of what came before. the universe had a beggining, or do you think that the universe has always existed?

the bible does not say the earth was created in 7 24 hour days, as if you had read it you would note that in genesis 2 vs 4 that all the creative days were lumped into one which suggests that the days mentioned in genesis are unspecified periods of time. don't forget it was only relatively recently in human history that we understood more about the vastness of space and time. The bible was written for everyone to understand and not to impress modern scientists. although not a scientific manual, when the bible does touch on science it is quite accurate e.g. is said the earth was round thousands of years before it was proven and when most people thought it was flat.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

firstly, let us stick to what is known by science today. scientists know that the universe had a begining. The first 'LAW' of thermo dynamics defines that something could not come from nothing. So using what we know and what we can prove scientifically that the universe did not just appear all by itself. All you have are fantasies about multiverses or whatever to get round that. These are not proven or known scientifically. So we are left with 1. God, a spirit being of unlimited power who has always existed, created the universe and everything in it. or 2. science fiction.
Neither can be proved but God sounds more plausible to me.

Secondly, the bible says that the planet and everything on it was created in 6 days. How long is a creative day? I don't know as it doesn't say in the bible. I do know it doesn't mean 24 hour days as later on in genesis is lumps all the creative days into one day which suggests the writer was refering to periods of time. Again can't prove it either way.
Is it not correct that the elements of the human body can be found in the earth? If so then the bible is not wrong in that is it.

All in All it is a faith thing. I have faith that there is a God and he created us. You have faith that eventually, somehow, a field of science will be discovered that can prove that universe did get here by itself and life can start from non-life. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yeah it doesn't prove much of anything really. I think that's the whole point of creating a scientific law. It proves that what the law says is true and nothing else.

It's not called.. "The law of conservation of energy. Aka, this probably proves god. aka wouldn't it be cool if this also meant (blank)."

Nah, it's pretty clear. It proves what it says, that's about it.

As far as chasing god on this line of thought is concerned, I suggest you add another dimension to the recipie. Consiousness. I've heard from both sides of the coin that consciousness is more fundamental than matter when it gets down to it.

Anyway who knows, it's just stones to sharpen up our minds with.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by riley

firstly, let us stick to what is known by science today. scientists know that the universe had a begining. The first 'LAW' of thermo dynamics defines that something could not come from nothing.

That would include a god/energy.

So using what we know and what we can prove scientifically that the universe did not just appear all by itself.

Yet you are saying an energy could? you seem to be ignoring this law at your own convenience.

All you have are fantasies about multiverses or whatever to get round that. These are not proven or known scientifically.

Actually these are both einsteins and stephen hawking's fantasies. If you would like to dispute and argue metaphisics with Mr hawkings he has a contact form on his site.. be sure to post a transcript.

So we are left with 1. God, a spirit being of unlimited power who has always existed, created the universe and everything in it. or 2. science fiction.
Neither can be proved but God sounds more plausible to me.

An energy. You seem to want to use the laws of conversion to argue for god but want to ignore the fact that this energy you call 'god' would be ruled by the same laws of physics. Can't have it both ways.

Secondly, the bible says that the planet and everything on it was created in 6 days. How long is a creative day? I don't know as it doesn't say in the bible. I do know it doesn't mean 24 hour days as later on in genesis is lumps all the creative days into one day which suggests the writer was refering to periods of time. Again can't prove it either way.
Is it not correct that the elements of the human body can be found in the earth? If so then the bible is not wrong in that is it.

Santa apparently is able to deliver present to all the little children in the world because he has a really fast slay and because the time differences give him a few extra hours.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by riley]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I'll add my touch of agreement here. This that you stated proves nothing. This is a theory of yours and nothing more. No offense of course is intended but you saying it doesn't make it true

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Who are you talking to? the scientific theory is true.

a second line justincase.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I did not say that God is energy. The bible says he is a spirit. What is a spirit? How do you determine it's properties?I don't know, do you? So how can you argue that God must obey the laws of physics when you have no idea what his properties are? I believe he created the physical universe and therefore created the laws of physics and is master over them. Can I prove that, no, neither have I ever suggested that I can or anyone else for that matter.
You obviously don't believe in God, fair enough. However, your alternative is still science fiction. It doesn't matter how clever the scientist is, until an idea is proven, it is a fantasy. A fantasy that there seems to be no way of proving any time soon in this case.
Oh and by your last comments I can take it you do agree that the elements of the human body can be found in the earth.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Where is the verifiable truth? Show me a shred of conrete tangible evidence to this and I will be more willing to accept it as real

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Where is the verifiable truth? Show me a shred of conrete tangible evidence to this and I will be more willing to accept it as real

-Kyo

en.wikipedia.org...
In physics, mass–energy equivalence is the concept that any mass has an associated energy and vice versa. In special relativity this relationship is expressed using the mass–energy equivalence formula

E = mc^2\,

where

* E = energy,
* m = mass,
* c = the speed of light in a vacuum (celeritas),

Two definitions of mass in special relativity may be validly used with this formula. If the mass in the formula is the rest mass, the energy in the formula is called the rest energy. If the mass is the relativistic mass, then the energy is the total energy.

The formula was derived by Albert Einstein, who arrived at it in 1905 in the paper "Does the inertia of a body depend upon its energy-content?", one of his Annus Mirabilis ("Wonderful Year") Papers.[1] While Einstein was not the first to propose a mass–energy relationship, and various similar formulas appeared before Einstein's theory, Einstein was the first to propose that the equivalence of mass and energy is a general principle, a consequence of the symmetries of space and time.

I have underlined the most relevent points for you [in relation to the laws of conversion].

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yes thank you I know my cosmology and high-end physics fairly well. The point I am making once again is that at no point is there some physical proof I can see that shows me this is God

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yes thank you I know my cosmology and high-end physics fairly well. The point I am making once again is that at no point is there some physical proof I can see that shows me this is God

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

-Kyo

Ah I see. I've been waiting on the same thing.. somehow I think we'll both be waiting awhile though.

Just as well I posted it anyway as I do not think the OP or the anon understand what the theory actually means.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I cannot figure why it keeps duplicating....I swear I am only hitting it once

oh well...yeah see I thought you disagreed with me for a while there. Who knows, maybe you still do :-p

-Kyo

<<   2 >>

join