It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel warns Russia: We'll neutralize S-300 if sold to Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Alrighty then:

Just a couple of points to make here. First I would point you this old thread:

S-300 = Patriot ?

That discusses the similarities between the S-300 Mod1 at least so the core of the S-300 is the Patriot. Much like the Buran, the TU-144 et al. the core designs were boosted. So comparisons to the patriot are congruent with the discussion at hand.

As the IAF demonstrated in Syria, superior planning, organization, and execution can trump "vaunted" air defence systems. Did Syria have the S-300? All evidence says "no". But its just a case in point that shows what can be done if one have the capacity AND the willingness to use it. Its quite telling that the Soviets and the Syrians will simply not talk about what happened.

Also intergrated air defence systems have shown themselves to be quite vulnerable to a well planned coordinated attack.

Why did Georgia’s air defenses work and Syria’s didn’t

Whereas a primitive one brought down one of the Soviets premier frontline strike aircraft a Tu-22M3

As I have said in several topics, I always chukle at the mythological status some fo the Soviet systems seem to take on in discussions here.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Alrighty then:

Just a couple of points to make here. First I would point you this old thread:

S-300 = Patriot ?

That discusses the similarities between the S-300 Mod1 at least so the core of the S-300 is the Patriot. Much like the Buran, the TU-144 et al. the core designs were boosted. So comparisons to the patriot are congruent with the discussion at hand.

As the IAF demonstrated in Syria, superior planning, organization, and execution can trump "vaunted" air defence systems. Did Syria have the S-300? All evidence says "no". But its just a case in point that shows what can be done if one have the capacity AND the willingness to use it. Its quite telling that the Soviets and the Syrians will simply not talk about what happened.

What the IAF did in 07 was go around the Pantsir-1 thats all, that SAM wasn't even in the area that the went through to bomb that socalled nuke site.

Also intergrated air defence systems have shown themselves to be quite vulnerable to a well planned coordinated attack.

The ONLY nations that had true "intergrated air defence systems" are Rus/U.S./Western Europe last time I checked U.S./Isreal never went up against "true intergrated air defence systems"

Why did Georgia’s air defenses work and Syria’s didn’t

Whereas a primitive one brought down one of the Soviets premier frontline strike aircraft a Tu-22M3

The Tu-22m3 was brought down by a soviet Buk-1 that Georgia had, which it's not "primative" but to un-learnd people it might seem like it.

As I have said in several topics, I always chukle at the mythological status some fo the Soviet systems seem to take on in discussions here.

Well StellarX and I have posted sources, would you like to disprove those sources

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I doubt that Iran would request Russian "peacekeepers." After all, the Russians have quite a track record. Like ticks, once they get their heads in, it's a bitch to get rid of them. Russia has always been expansionist for gaining new territory, and that fact is not lost on the Iranians.

And whether or not Russians were in Iran, this would not affect any decisions to attack Iran. Just be a case of bad luck if any Russians were somehow killed.

Whether these new Russian systems are effective, able to be defeated, or just outright junk yet remains to be seen. If the Israeli's can defeat it, I'd love to see it. I've been watching them do that very thing since 1967.

Track record huh... ticks huh... then what will you call Americans with way longer track record and hmmm you really cant get read of em... like a cancer.... huh!

If Russians were in Iran, I don't think US will want to start a WW3 which will mean no back up for Israel... and you are completely correct it would be a bad luck for Israel if Russian peacekeeper forces come under fire... just look at Georgia... whole military infrastructure wiped out in a week...

I don't get it... You would love to see a war started? or you hate Russians so much that you would love to see their tech destroyed? What else you would like to see... kids without parents, homeless, starving to death... oh wait we are talking about destroying Russian tech and not what comes after that... " I'd love to see it " pfff... get a life!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTPAX

Originally posted by dooper
I doubt that Iran would request Russian "peacekeepers." After all, the Russians have quite a track record. Like ticks, once they get their heads in, it's a bitch to get rid of them. Russia has always been expansionist for gaining new territory, and that fact is not lost on the Iranians.

And whether or not Russians were in Iran, this would not affect any decisions to attack Iran. Just be a case of bad luck if any Russians were somehow killed.

Whether these new Russian systems are effective, able to be defeated, or just outright junk yet remains to be seen. If the Israeli's can defeat it, I'd love to see it. I've been watching them do that very thing since 1967.

Track record huh... ticks huh... then what will you call Americans with way longer track record and hmmm you really cant get read of em... like a cancer.... huh!

If Russians were in Iran, I don't think US will want to start a WW3 which will mean no back up for Israel... and you are completely correct it would be a bad luck for Israel if Russian peacekeeper forces come under fire... just look at Georgia... whole military infrastructure wiped out in a week...

I don't get it... You would love to see a war started? or you hate Russians so much that you would love to see their tech destroyed? What else you would like to see... kids without parents, homeless, starving to death... oh wait we are talking about destroying Russian tech and not what comes after that... " I'd love to see it " pfff... get a life!
Trust me the west will alsobe TOTTAL destroyed like never before.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1000hanz

Well... West has never been destroyed before... unless you mean poor American Indians... to be honest I don't want to see any side destroyed! The only thing that bugs me is all the egos about being superior no matter what... you bring info to the table it gets trashed coz it is not from reliable source... yet they bring their info from wiki and think it has been written by God.... in any case which idiot would write what system can do what while there are whole world of enemies trying to get the same info by spying, paying off... yet you read all the crap and go nuts about it... crying out loud its freaking Top Secret... no one will tell you what F22's capability... or MIGs... so go figure which one is best... yet there are plenty of you saying "We tested Russian tech during First Gulf War blah blah" you tested Russian old crap while using new toys designed specifically to defeat Russian systems... so by destroying old Soviet tech makes you superior? Does that make every other Russian made system crap? So if Israel can take out S-300 that is great... lets hope Russians wont make a mistake by accidenly selling S-400 system to Iran...

[edit on 3-11-2008 by CTPAX]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTPAX
reply to post by 1000hanz

Well... West has never been destroyed before... unless you mean poor American Indians... to be honest I don't want to see any side destroyed! The only thing that bugs me is all the egos about being superior no matter what... you bring info to the table it gets trashed coz it is not from reliable source... yet they bring their info from wiki and think it has been written by God.... in any case which idiot would write what system can do what while there are whole world of enemies trying to get the same info by spying, paying off... yet you read all the crap and go nuts about it... crying out loud its freaking Top Secret... no one will tell you what F22's capability... or MIGs... so go figure which one is best... yet there are plenty of you saying "We tested Russian tech during First Gulf War blah blah" you tested Russian old crap while using new toys designed specifically to defeat Russian systems... so by destroying old Soviet tech makes you superior? Does that make every other Russian made system crap? So if Israel can take out S-300 that is great... lets hope Russians wont make a mistake by accidenly selling S-400 system to Iran...

[edit on 3-11-2008 by CTPAX]
They will do it only if:

1. Iran doesn't get at least 12 S-300PMU-1 (The PMU-2's are more advanced but from what I heard Iran is sopposedly getting the PMU-1's) Batteries (thats what they'd need to have "overlapping coverage" of thier airspace), and the corrisponding Tor-M1's to protect them, if not then Isreal will just do what they did to E/S/J (Egypt,Syria,Jordan) in 67/73 " go under/around the radar beams and attack them, plain and simple.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by 1000hanz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join