It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1 item you would take to another planet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would bring my car door so I could roll the window down when it gets hot.

or

I would bring Chuck Norris. No explanation needed.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
One item technically your shirt ,boxers, pants ,shoes,all would count as several items. If i could only choose one it would be shoes

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There are some pretty interesting and funny answers here....

Personally, I wouldn't take anything. I would try to strip myself from all earthly objects, sentiments, ideals and associations. If I had the opportunity to be guided by an advanced civilization, I would want to open my mind and try to become a blank slate, a vessel for information. Why do this? I would want to absorb as much knowledge as possible and try to achieve a state of enlightenment in hopes that when I return, I could be a catalyst for positive change on earth.

But if I did come back enlightened...I would probably be labeled the bogeyman and/or a false prophet/anti-Christ and be burned at the stake...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i would have to bring my dog. She is a companion and weapon in one.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I lke your answer,but if your thinking of uploading your vids to ATS, get ready to be flamed.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
def' a laptop. (so i could see photos and read and check up on ats)

alternate ideas would be psilicibin as gifts.

and maybe a jar of JIF peanut butter!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I will bring my cat for sure. If i can not :chocolate ! Offering chocolate to others can make wonders

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
id bring a matter replicator and start replicating random things like twigs and fish and proceed to eat them.

id even start replicating myself and proceed taking over the planet.and then start replicating said planet in its entirety complete with 10 billion me's.

give me a matter replicator.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Considering they have all the energy but might not have all the equipment I would first transfer all the data that I have, on one super-giant harddisk (Capacity-wise), use that one in my laptop, and take the laptop.

Or even better, I would combine every device or organism that I want to take with me into ''one'' object.

A laptop consists out of various parts, however you are still allowed to either choose 1 part, or the laptop as a whole.

What stops me from making an universal device that has almost every device that I could think of incorporated in it?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

Nothing...make it.

I'll run the back office after you get it together...60% - 40% split, o.k.? You 60%, 38% for me, and 2% to ATS since we met on their forum...wait - 1% for them, they moved my first thread into a weird area and never responded to my email asking why.

Get on it man.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I would take a toothpick. Tasty aliens.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

I would bring Chuck Norris.

Best response yet. Thats pretty much all you need really.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Toilet paper.

Its the simple luxeries that are missed the most

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
To complete my previous post, I will take a coupla truckloads (is that going to be considered 1 item? After all, we're talking 5 years!!) of Bud Lite because I would assume that whatever I'm going to see "there" is going to be mind-blowing and I would like to be in the right frame of mind. If you get what I mean, and I know you do.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well within this one item would be a compass that would contain a watch.

And if there was no polarity to find a direction like North or south east and west, I would just stay in one spot in the center of the planet. Most likely that compass will be either standing still or moving so fast its as if time were standing still.

Then I would see if time stopped and show others, it doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My digital camera with a HUGE memory card in it so I could record and tape everything to share with others when I come back home in five years.

Great thread, a nice treat after all the doom and gloom, politics, 9-11, and Iran threads I've been reading recently.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
How about Wikipedia?Or some sort of encyclapedia, with lots on earth info...

personal items... i don't know...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I would just bring my ATM card, then I can buy whatever I need.

fun thread

regards...........kk

[edit on 8-8-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A big stick!

I would track down that little gray bug eye f**k that abducted me when I was young. I would strap HIM to a cold table and use my stick to show him how delightful an anal probe feels. Maybe he will think twice about visiting our planet again.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Taking a dvd player or tv ect would be pointless think they even use the same lecky supply as us? never mind trying to find a plug to recharge these things.
the 1 thing i would take is peace.

sounds gay yea but wheres the peace on earth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join