It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1 item you would take to another planet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There seems to be quite a lot of threads that carry a negative connotation; “Prove goD is real, or you suck”, or “More war, or else”...I am of course adding a little drama myself to the titles to get my point across, and I do understand the need to discuss these topics, but...

With that said - what is the one item you would take with you if the opportunity to travel to another planet came along?

To keep this as simple as possible, I will throw in a few guidelines:

One Item
You already have clothes packed so that is accounted for
No bigger than yourself (the overhead compartment is not that big)
It can be organic, just not human, so the loved one stays
Batteries will not be necessary for any item - you're going to another planet, they have all the energy you will need..this ones a freebie
It can be anything, even if considered illegal i.e. dank weed, fully automatic weapon, ect.

The one item I would bring would be my laptop...I would be able to log my thoughts as well as experiences. I can play games and watch movies...yes, I am on another planet, so I will probably not have much time for games and movies, but just in case. Any pictures of back home and loved ones would be there for my viewing pleasure too. Considering I am on another planet I will be out of range of any hotspots for the internet, so that would be the one drawback, as I would not be able to email anyone, but I already chose to leave the family so no email shouldn’t be a huge issue.

And keep this in mind - you will have the opportunity to return in...5 years. That time line may affect your choice, so choose wisely!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, my item seems to fit within the guidelines, so I'll be taking my dog with me. I'll probably try to get away with having him swallow my MP3 player before we blast off too. I figure some Gaian beats will be welcomed wherever we end up, music is a great universal translator.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A lawn mower.
Just in case we need parts.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
bleach
Because we don't want the same mistake that happened on earth...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think that it is widely accepted that towel is the one thing a person needs to travel in galaxy. Especially if he has no vehicle of his own and uses hitchhiking.

What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

As Douglas Adams put it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Condoms...

Better safe than sorry.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My photo book... if I cant take the people with me I will take the photo's of them.... oh and can I bring a pencil with me as well?? I like to draw.

My second thought was a supply of Ice Caps....

My third idea was a case of Resee's...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would have to say my Laptop to document everything I see, feel, touch, eat and experience there. Since a book and a pen are two different items, my laptop is one, that's my only option.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

That's a trip...I actually thought of Reese's when i did this. Good 3rd pick!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is the funniest thing I have seen, online, in many months!

Thanks for making me laugh.

I, personally, would take nothing. I would assume they would provide for me.

BUT, if I was forced to choose....ONE thing? An unstoppable supply of Vodka......is this like asking the genie? You know, he always cheats.....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

If it's Grey Goose, then yes, and endless supply is warranted...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I would like to Bush and leave him there. And he's not human

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Definitely my guitar. It has served as endless entertainment and will continue to do so until the day I die or can't play it anymore, which will hopefully both happen at the same time.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I actually like the GG....but, pricewise, Svedka can't be beat.

More seriously....one item to take, assuming you could never come back?

Wow! I have no familial connections, but I think many, many other humans would have an opinion, and it must include FAMILY, firstmost.

If it came to physical possesions....then, as long as my brain is intact, I have all I need.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Toilet paper?

A laptop would be a really good idea. Maybe a case of Marlboro Reds

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'd take a large collection of Sci-Fi and Alien related DVD's so me and my new buds could sit around and laugh our butts off.

Becker

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Maybe a case of Marlboro Reds

Is this a suicide contingency, or are you planning on spreading cancer to alien civilizations?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'd take my camcorder with a load of tapes.....you can take moving footage, capture stills and speak into it to record your thoughts. I'd then borrow a fellow passenger's laptop to email friends and loved ones

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

What of a person with multiple personalities, does each personality get to bring something? just a thought.

I would take the best possible digital recording device I could find. A device with high quality audio/video record and play back with a googlebit storage capacity. On that storage, I would bring some media with me, like photos, movies, tunes, and so on, for me if the offworld doesn't live up to the hype. I would take this to record everything I see and hear over the 5 year period (if i could record touch, taste and smell all the better, but as yet, it is not availible) and when I returned, I would share it with everyone to compare and learn.

Idealistic, right? Yeah, I know, but I see it as something that would belong to everyone, not just me.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'd take a DVD player and the movie Road House, those aliens get out of line or try anything funny with me and I'd tell'em that Dalton is coming to kick their butts.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join