It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So the war has begun. And its escalating fast.

Or is it?

What do we KNOW? Is there a war going on? Have you seen it? Of course you have. On TV. On the internet. Maybe heard it on the radio?

What has the hottest topic been lately? Georgia? Russia?

No. Iran.

Oh, and China.

The NWO, bird flu, martial law.

Its all pretty much in the shadow of the ongoing war now, isnt it?

Imagine yourself, if the war in georgia is staged.

Imagine yourself if everything you hear and see about the war is a lie.

Imagine yourself that you are being played, and showed what they want you to see. Not the truth. Not the reality. Just lies.

Just to make you turn your head in another direction.

Just to distract you for the one moment they need to make their move.

Do I doubt theres a war going on right now? Not really. But think about it.

How hard would it be to create a war that doesent exist?

Just some thoughts I had, maybe you think its interesting, maybe you think im an idiot.

I recommend the movie Wag the dog

Oh, and... its friday and a couple of beers makes your imagination flow

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well I guess you think im an idiot since nobody answered, but hey, I fully understand you

This was more ment to be some food for thought, rather than an example of disinfo, maybe the thread would fit better in skunk works? Oh well, if somebody have seen the movie and have any thoughts, Id be glad to hear them
Thought this would fit in with the ongoing war and get some imagination flowing for others than just me

[edit on 11-8-2008 by darksky]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wag the dog was not a very good movie at all.
It was about creating a fictional war to take attention away from
some issues that the president was having.

However, since 01 there hasnt been a a need to manufacture a fake war, there are plenty of them to go around.

Also, the information age has progressed dramatically since that movie was made, theres just no way it would work when people can report things via text messages, email, satellite video etc..
The media doesnt own us as much as some people think, or as much as theyd like to.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sure, I agree. Things have evolved alot since 911 and the movie is from 97, but still. Have in mind people active at ats are not representing the majority of the population.

Despite the technique and ways of communication we have, we still have ppl watching tv as the main source of information and believing what they are told is happening on the other side of the world.

How long did is take for people to question 911? And how many are there that still think the conspiracy theorists that think the government is behind it are out of their minds?

As for the movie, I strongly disagree about it being a bad one

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Even with the shortened lines of personal communication available today, how many of the NASCAR-and-American-Idol population are willing to regard anything other than Fox or CNN as a credible news source?

The minds of the great unwashed are on lockdown, and have been for some time.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It seems highly plausible.

top topics

join