It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Cults are strongly against freedom of speech. All the money goes to the top, very little trickles down to followers. Any dissent within their ranks is treated severely and usually with censorship,, banning, and ostracism.

This has currently been going on at the prison planet forums for over a year now.

Cults tend to make their fortune and fame through tapes and films. They promote their wares through current members in usually a multi level marketing scam. The members dedicate their own time and money and then hand out CD's to recruit more members.

Cults always set the stage of it's an "us" vs. "them" thing. The end times are always near.

Alex is always trumpeting it's "death to the internet," "death to The Constitution," "there is a war on for your mind," everyday there is an information war, with the most important command being "get those videos out!" He just proselytized himself for a "money bomb" to begin a TV studio.

Jones is taking on a cult appearance very dangerous to the anti war, 911 movements.

Any person that hides behind the skirts of freedom of speech, on a daily basis, and then cannot defend free speech on their forum pages is a hypocrite and an abomination to civilized and educated people everywhere.

If this chicken little can't get his forums act together he will die from the inside out, as his followers learn first hand about Alex Jones' two-face hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's pretty weird. I don't actually see it as something Jones himself is doing, he seems to discourage that kind of behaviour, like when he spoke of the people trying to set up 'Ron Paul town', he didn't think this kind of thing is useful.

I see it as something done by his most ardent supporters, the 'true believers' of the bunch, of which there seem to be quite a few.

I agree on the prison planet forum, I'm banned from there because I disagreed with them. People have been complaining about that forum for ages, compare the level of censorship on that forum, compared to the comments sections on his articles, the comments sections are not censored at all, even to the point where people call for killing politicians (Which gets Alex pretty angry, as he's the one who gets the SS visits)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yin and Yang.

A personality cult happens usually because someone has personality. And this undoubtadly is true of Alex Jones, so I guess you can't really expect there not to be a cult, as the US does indeed to be falling into totalitarism. Indeed we all in the west seem to be. So it's no surprise that one of the most outspoken opponents of this situation gets some cultish behaviour around him.

My personal feelings is it's not so much his fault, he seems to be more of an individualist and a bit unconfortable with all the people around him, which usually ends up with him giving orders in a sort of psuedo military or militia style, with a lot of beta males and wannabe alex's around him. But this is normal, it's normal male human interaction and to be expected.

Alex Jones, as he's said so himself, is the canary in the coal mine. If this crap does hit the fan there will be other personalities breaking through. We already see one with Jesse Ventura. More will come, and if they have popular support or indeed just personality cults, things are going to get bad, because the forces of fascism, who know what they're doing, will be prone to demoralization because there is no essential goodness in their undertakings and at a fundamental psychological level they are weak.

The outcome of this fascist powergrab will be decided, as always, by the women in society. For now we have the males rearing up against this ever growing opression, but when the females start defending their young all hell will break loose. And since this is the information age and people know, this won't be good times to be an elitist.

I still think the best solution for the US, the one with the least bloodshed, would be a peacefull military occupation of both congress and the whitehouse and the quick dissolution of the republican and democratic parties, with new elections being setup for a few months later. We did things that way when we got rid of fascism in portugal in 75 and we may do so again in the near future if europe continues down it's present course.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

I liked your post a lot.

Alex brings a lot to the table But there are a few things that rub me wrong.

His forecast about 911 and pinning the crime on Bin Laden is a little bothersome. Alex claims he figured it out from reading main stream media. I'm not ready to buy that. My trouble with him being able to predict 911 comes when finding out his lawyer is the uber zionist Bronfman lawyer. I suspect this lawyer was in the loop and told Alex to keep it a secret.

Now we all know Alex can't keep his mouth shut. And when it comes to self promotion he is an authority.

Nobody is perfect, but Alex does bring a lot to the patriot's table.

His math is unbelievably poor and his rants about China are based on John Birch Society propaganda. They were so bad the only way I could shut him up was to remind him his rants were losing the American Chinese vote for Dr. Paul Rand. Likewise, it is irksome when he cuts guests off to get in his two cents. I get a big hoot when he cuts off Dr. Tarpley and I listen to Tarpley's response. Tarpley is very smooth, but I get the impression if Alex was a student in his history class Tarpley wouldn't be so diplomatic. The words "please shut up" come to mind.

If Alex can continue to surround himself with guests equal to Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, Dr. Tarpley, Ray McGovern, Bob Chapman, Governor Jesse Ventura, he should continue to do well and his audience will increase. His true value is in his guests.

There are problems though. I love Charlie Sheen and appreciate his stance and courage with the 911 movement. I question having him at the point though. It's like having Golda Meir winning the Miss Israel pageant. Charlie is a great actor but he comes with too much baggage for the enemies to use to confuse, malign and divide the movement.

Alex isn't perfect, but overall he is better than damn good.

edit on 5-3-2011 by beijingyank because: typo

edit on 5-3-2011 by beijingyank because: Capitalization

edit on 5-3-2011 by beijingyank because: comma

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Anyone who follows the fear mongering Alex Jones is a moron.... He is the biggest overdramatic crybaby I have ever seen. ALL of his storys and "reports" are way over the top and completely retarded. Any person that is truly interested in conspiracies and what not pays him no mind because of his ignorance and stupidity. Everytime I see one of his videos about "The Police State" and "Martial Law" when he is cruising around a Government leaders summit or anything similiar with high profile leaders there he always freaks out like why do they have all the police and security everywhere. It's like damn Alex, have you EVER been anywhere when global leaders or high profile people are having meetings...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

"Anyone who follows the fear mongering Alex Jones is a moron" by Reign02

The guy is going ballistic. Three million people a day listen to him or is it more?

Frankly, I wouldn't call Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, Dr. Tarpley, or any of Alex's guests "morons." So it's not fair to broad paint his listeners as "morons."

I don't cotton to your smear about Alex's "fear mongering." I think most would rather hear Alex's take than "the air is safe to breath and the water is safe to drink" schtick.

The job of a journalist is to hold the public official's feet to the fire. Unfortunately, the mainstream/lamestream, dinosaur news media has been co-opted by what President Eisenhower warned us about; namely,"the military, industrial complex." These gangsters suck as a defender for the little guy, public policy, and in general, the truth. These guys are so bad they couldn't find the truth in a cat house with a fist full of C notes in their hands.

If the obsolete lame stream media would work for the public interest, dig for the truth, and not engage in propaganda, cover ups, and agenda journalism, Barry wouldn't be running away for million dollar vacations. Nor would Barky be killing babies by throwing DU around the planet. If the lame stream media did it's job we wouldn't have the expansion of illegal wars based on the official fairy tale of OBL. We wouldn't have 43 million Americans on food stamps either.

You got scientific proof military grade nano thermate is in the 911 dust. Clear evidence and implication that a cabal in government was responsible for the crime of the century and the lame stream media plays the role of a neutered dog playing dead. Few have had the courage and the where with all like Alex to point out the Emperor has no clothes. Jones is unique and as a 911 victim family member I tip my hat for his 911 investigative journalism.

Talking up the truth can get you fired in lame stream media. Even sending the truth in an email to a fossilized reporter for the paper of record can get you arkincided in 24 hours, as in the case of Dr. Kelly.

There is no doubt Alex catches a lot of heat taking the Truther's point. I give him credit for having the courage and individualism that made our country great.

You would think this cabal full of baby killing war criminals, champions of 'creating the reality' inside the Beltway would have figured out a way to get Alex to shut up. It's not hard for these mass murdering thugs in control of the U.S. Mint to find a patsy tribe member dentist to do a Huey Long "bang bang you're dead" imitation. This option is probably gaining ground now that the "fear mongering," "whack job," "he's a kook" gambit isn't working.

Alex is getting bigger and bigger by the week because at the end of the day, son of a gun, intellectually, "truth in journalism" sells well.
edit on 8-4-2011 by beijingyank because: article missing

edit on 8-4-2011 by beijingyank because: (s)

edit on 8-4-2011 by beijingyank because: typo

edit on 8-4-2011 by beijingyank because: apostrophy

edit on 8-4-2011 by beijingyank because: typo period

edit on 8-4-2011 by beijingyank because: rounding off the close

edit on 8-4-2011 by beijingyank because: credit/acknowledgement for the quote

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beijingyank
reply to post by Zepherian

I liked your post a lot.

Alex brings a lot to the table But there are a few things that rub me wrong.

His forecast about 911 and pinning the crime on Bin Laden is a little bothersome. Alex claims he figured it out from reading main stream media. I'm not ready to buy that. My trouble with him being able to predict 911 comes when finding out his lawyer is the uber zionist Bronfman lawyer. I suspect this lawyer was in the loop and told Alex to keep it a secret.

Now we all know Alex can't keep his mouth shut. And when it comes to self promotion he is an authority.

Nobody is perfect, but Alex does bring a lot to the patriot's table.

His math is unbelievably poor and his rants about China are based on John Birch Society propaganda. They were so bad the only way I could shut him up was to remind him his rants were losing the American Chinese vote for Dr. Paul Rand. Likewise, it is irksome when he cuts guests off to get in his two cents. I get a big hoot when he cuts off Dr. Tarpley and I listen to Tarpley's response. Tarpley is very smooth, but I get the impression if Alex was a student in his history class Tarpley wouldn't be so diplomatic. The words "please shut up" come to mind.

If Alex can continue to surround himself with guests equal to Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, Dr. Tarpley, Ray McGovern, Bob Chapman, Governor Jesse Ventura, he should continue to do well and his audience will increase. His true value is in his guests.

There are problems though. I love Charlie Sheen and appreciate his stance and courage with the 911 movement. I question having him at the point though. It's like having Golda Meir winning the Miss Israel pageant. Charlie is a great actor but he comes with too much baggage for the enemies to use to confuse, malign and divide the movement.

Alex isn't perfect, but overall he is better than damn good.

edit on 5-3-2011 by beijingyank because: typo

edit on 5-3-2011 by beijingyank because: Capitalization

edit on 5-3-2011 by beijingyank because: comma

What charlie did was a publicity stunt to get more views, just like jennifer aniston did with her "sex tape" video on youtube. Actors are starting to pull these things off because they are losing viewers and ratings. Now they have the publics eye on them which imo is a brilliant move to get attention. Now if charlie sheen says, "now that I have your attention, I can now end the sharade and tell you about what is REALLY going on with your government" he would have won the hearts of the patriots.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beijingyank

Alex jones is a patriot and exposes what is going on in the world. He has brilliant minded guests on his show and only talks about things that are admitted and out in the open.

Name one thing he has said that is false? I'll be waiting for your reply's

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Alex Jones put his neck out and started this whole conspiracy business.

He made millions aware of the Oklahoma bombing, and 911.

He backs up everything he says with main stream media news articles.

His character has flaws - as we all do - and he may not know the full story. But NO ONES knows the full story.

He is a hero and I suggest to all - download the Alex Jones android app or iphone app and listen to his radio show daily. You will learn more in one hour than going through these posts. WHY -- because Alex Jones isn't filled with a bunch of whining little zits like this place.

( dont get me wrong, there are many great minds here- just a lot of crap ones too)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Alex talks the talk but has a hard time walking the walk on his forums.

The forums are open to debate where contradiction of ideology is the norm. Alex talks the talk about freedom of speech, but as everyone knows on his forums, you disagree with him you get to go to the last on the line, by getting banned.

Alex has been duped into relentless mockingbird rants based on the propaganda of the John Birch Society's view of China. Pick a number it changes over time, "80 million, 60 million Mao murdered!" The one remark that gives me the biggest hoot is "the CIA put Mao into power!"

The CIA was a sperm cell in the abyss when Mao took up his first job at the library in Beijing. His revolution began 45 years before the CIA even came into effect.

Also, there are no figures a historian can refer to regarding the people who died under Mao's rule. Unlike the Red Cross during WWII that had census figures, and numbers contradictory to the 6 million story line that has been force fed to everyone, there is nothing firm in China.

I too have read the John Birch dibble about 80 million being murdered by Mao and while in China I've done my own investigation. Speaking to victims from the Cultural Revolution who have no love for Mao and grind an ax toward him, when asked about the 80 million they claim it is false. It seems the majority of the victims came about in the Great Leap Forward when the farming crop crapped out and about 10 million starved to death.

Every single person I have spoken too, now these are PhD's, teachers, intelligentsia disagree with the 80 million figure. Sure people died, Mao was an enemy to the 1% that owned 99% and if the booty stolen by the Japanese during the war was returned to China instead of falling into the hands of the shadow government, CIA, oligarch banking institutions, John Birch, and NGO foundations, Mao would have had the hard currency to purchase food on the open market to avert the Great Leap Forward disaster. You you can reason the CIA and John Birch Society are ultimately responsible for the 10 million dead during the Great Leap Forward fiasco.

Now the 5000 years of looted savings in China is estimated to be many trillions of dollars today. MacArthur and his cabal of Truman, Dulles, and cadre of oligarchs and their bootlicks wanted to demonize Mao because they had no intention to do the Christian thing, the right thing, and return it. This money was going to fund murder and the fixing of elections in Asia without any oversight from anyone or anything.

The Japanese murdered 35 million Chinese and the reaction to the Japanese by Chinese today is still very hot. It still smolders even after 60 years.

If Mao murdered 80 million it's only natural the public sentiment would follow similar feelings the Chinese have toward the Japanese, but they don't.

The important thing about Alex is he holds the politicians, and oligarch's feet to the fire. He fights for the little guy, and for the most part he has his heart in the right place.

He isn't perfect, he mimics snake oil salesmen from the past and his math is abominable. So I will let his great guests talk the talk, and walk the walk for him. Now if we can only get him to shut up and let his guests talk more this would be an improvement.

Fight the Power!

V

edit on 9-4-2011 by beijingyank because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2011 by beijingyank because: typos, round off the close, grammar

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I believe there two camps in the conspiracy theory comunity, there are those trying to find evidence to validate what they believe to be true and there are those trying to find evidence to disprove what they fear to be true.

Alex Jones belongs firmly to the first group, he intentionally misleads his fans through subtle misdirection.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

First of all when you have a forum that has a considerable number of members, like this one for example, you have to enforce some rules even if it implies censorship to keep the forum safe and free from unwanted people. And to be able to operate without any legal threats because well its the US where you can sue for anything.

Second of all to get members and to make his movement grow he needs to be a little agressive and make "commands" like get those videos out because just asking politely won't do any good.

I am not against the hypothesis that it has become a cult, i just wanted to tell you why freedom of speech is not found on forums.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Not only Jones is doing this, but also David Icke, yes Icke is weird, but I have more symphaty for Icke than for Jones to be honest. Also that guy who made that populair youtube movie about 9/11 (don;t know the name anymore) is good at these point to. I once saw an intervieuw with himand someone else, and he was continue saying that the guy who sat next to him was lying because they didnt share the same opinion about things, yeah right!!! He made a movie about the illuminati now, and it is full of stuff everybody already knows hehe

top topics

join