It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Near Our Flat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My neighbour and her son saw an orange UFO flying close to our flat, the other night. The reason I didn't sense it,I had taken my painkillers and muscle relaxants early making me drop off to sleep at the time.

My neighbour wasn't sure how long it had been there; however, they said it was relatively close to my flat. When they got outside to look at it, it changed direction heading East.

I know there will be more like that where that one came from. However, it did unnerve my neighbour with how close it was to the property. I told her that she had nothing to fear.

When it comes again, I intend to photograph it, if possible. My neighbour, whom had never seen one before in her life said that it was nothing from this world. It really upset her. It was so close that she could see a dome on top.

It is a shame that I took my medication too early that night, as I would have loved to have seen the object.

Do you know anybody like my neighbour, whom has had a strange encounter with UFOs for the first time and what was their reaction?

[edit on 8/8/08 by rachel07]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hi, rachel07, thanks for your post.Do you live in an area that has a history of UFOs being seen there ? I know some parts of the UK do seem to have higher than average numbers of sightings..I take it from your post you have not seen one before ?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have seen 1 UFO at close range when I was 16. No, I did not do any drugs either. I see weird stuff all the time in my area, mainly due to being very desolate. My friends and I were driving to camp out for the night close to home. I live in the middle of no where, but there is a military facility across the river in Arkansas.

It was flying approx. 30ft off the ground, not moving fast at first. It was very wierd because neither of us remember seeing a body to this thing...all we saw were lights. Not rotating lights you always hear about, but they were in the rear of this thing...3 of them in a triangle pattern. What was really funny is that we all had a euphoric feeling about the entire event...and no again, not doing drugs. Suddenly it sped off, not changing elevation.

I assume(using logic) that we were not able to see a body to this thing provided an optical illusion from the sun because this was about 45 minutes before sunset. The lights on the back of this object were no bigger than 1ft circumference each. My experience was not what I have read about most encounters with objects of this nature...it was an exciting experience to say the least!

Aircraft from the base preform very peculiar behavior in this area...like 5 of them in succession flying no more than 15 feet above my house...and various patterns in the area above the woods. I assume we were seeing something from the base, but who knows...that was 12 years ago and I have yet to see anything similar since.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

Hi rachel07,

It seems the U.K. is very, very busy this year. If you look through this forum you'll see dozens, if not hundreds, of reports from the U.K. just since February/March of this year.

Certainly many of these can be attributed to new UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) technology testing being done by the military and many more have been clearly shown to be "Chinese Lanterns" floating along on the air currents.

I am considering starting a little project right here on AboveTopSecret.com wherein several volunteer members would search through these posts/reports and isolate the "identified" from those that still remain unidentified. It may prove interesting and could reveal a pattern that goes beyond the U.K.

In the event you do get an opportunity to take a photograph of this object please try to capture a tree, a building or anything that can give us some perspective as to the size/altitude of the object.

Images of nothing but "lights in the otherwise empty sky" are basically useless since there is no way to determine whether the light(s) are centimeters in diameter and very close to the camera lens, or, much larger in diameter and at a high altitude.

I am looking forward to seeing if you can capture an image and will be happy to forward it to our resident imaging experts should you want to have it "looked at".

Springer...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I live in Norwich, which is East Anglia. Two photos of UFOs that we took (one over our flat and one in the city) were close-up, but not visible.

My neighbour said that the object came right up to the flat. I told my dad about it and he said that he saw one like it, when I was three. I have seen them for the best part of my life. The only reason I wasn't aware of the one outside the flat was due to the fact that I had taken my tablets early, as I hadn't been feeling too well.

I have lived in the US and had several close sightings over there. However, there seems to be an increase here in the UK.

It doesn't bother me, and I expect the sightings will increase in intensity. Should it come back, I intend to have my camera with me. I take my camera with me, when I go out in the garden.

I think the government are trying to down play the whole thing. They are now saying that bubble clouds are being mistaken for UFOs. If you go to my website, you will see the UFOs that my husband and I photographed. They look nothing like bubble clouds.

I believe that the government knows that sightings are going to intensify and they are doing whatever they can to tell people that they are chinese lanterns, Venus, bubble clouds. They are just trying to use the same rhetoric that they use to use in the past to make people who know what they have seen question what they have seen.

My neighbour and her son said that it was real and it moved with intelligence. 'L'=the way it manouvered. A chinese lantern could not move sharply, nor abruptly and go from a slow speed to turn sharply then suddenly go at the speed of a jet, or faster. Also, I took a photo of a similiar one off the internet to show her, and it was exactly what they had seen.

I think Britain is going to have one of the largest waves of sightings and irrefutable proof will come from other observers. The governments are either frightened to admit that we are being visited, or frightened period.

Most of the sightings are benevolent, but I wouldn't put it past the governments to try and shoot them down. I think the governments know that they are powerless against thier technology, and that is why they like to keep a closed lid on the subject.

My neighbour noted how the sighting didn't get reported in the local press, or on the local news. She said that it came low enough that surely somebody else had to have seen it.

To this day, there has not been any reports on anybody else having seen it. My neighbour is 61 years of age and very credible.

new topics

top topics

join