It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Methods of Execution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I've been following alot of the Death Penalty cases of late and whether or not we all agree with the Death Penalty, what I see now is the challenge to whether the methods of execution are cruel and unusal in themselves. What opinions does anyone else have, I think we all know that hanging, gas and electrocution are painful and would be considered cruel and unusual, but now we have lethal injections, which are now also being challenged as being cruel and unusual. So what are the alternatives anyone have any ideas?

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Actually, the Guillotine was pretty painless

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with that Dream, however I cant see the US bringing it into use for executions.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

What opinions does anyone else have, I think we all know that hanging, gas and electrocution are painful and would be considered cruel and unusual, but now we have lethal injections, which are now also being challenged as being cruel and unusual. So what are the alternatives anyone have any ideas

How could lethal injection be cruel? Its a hell of a lot more humane than how they killed their victim

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
hanging is spose to be painless because it spose to break ur neck and kill u off instantly. sadly the theory doesnt always work and u may end up hanging there waitin to die

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't think there should be a death penalty, so I've tried to think of alternatives.

How about something like a memory wipe? Something that completely, or selectively erases someone's personality. They could be made into something useful then....like a street sweeper.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
How about something like a memory wipe? Something that completely, or selectively erases someone's personality. They could be made into something useful then....like a street sweeper.

Are you talking about a frontal lobe lobotomy?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Are you talking about a frontal lobe lobotomy?

No, nothing so....primitive. I'm not sure about the methods, but this IS the 21st century. I'm sure we could figure something out.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thorazine has been called a "chemical lobotomy" because of the similar effects it creates. Briefly, a lobotomy destroys partially or completely all functioning of the frontal lobes. The frontal lobes are unique to human beings and are the seat of the higher functions such as love, concern for others, empathy, self-insight, creativity, initiative, autonomy, rationality, abstract reasoning, judgment, future planning, foresight, will-power, determination and concentration. Without the frontal lobes it is impossible to be "human" in the fullest sense of the word; they are required for a civilized, effective, mature life.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thorazine has been called a "chemical lobotomy" because of the similar effects it creates. Briefly, a lobotomy destroys partially or completely all functioning of the frontal lobes. The frontal lobes are unique to human beings and are the seat of the higher functions such as love, concern for others, empathy, self-insight, creativity, initiative, autonomy, rationality, abstract reasoning, judgment, future planning, foresight, will-power, determination and concentration. Without the frontal lobes it is impossible to be "human" in the fullest sense of the word; they are required for a civilized, effective, mature life.

(in Mr. Burns voice) Excellent....

So, with this "procedure" they'll still be able to remember what they did right?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Are u all serious???....There is NO alternative method

Every way you kill someone is going to be cruel and freaky #....Knowing that you're about to die in 5 mins or something would scare the # out of me.....

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
So, with this "procedure" they'll still be able to remember what they did right?

Im sorry I have no idea if they can recall the past. But any type of lobotomy would be enough of a punishment.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Do you think we should castrate sex offenders?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Just my $0.02, but I think the punishment should fit the crime.

I don't see any punishment as too extreme for some of the scum walking our streets today.

For example, if someone raped my daughter, I'd want an hour in a room with the S.O.B along with a knife, hammer and a lighter. Why waste tax-payers money feeding him etc until it's time for him to meet his maker.
Does that bring me down to his level? - I don't care! He shouldn't have done it in the first place.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but hell, it's my opinion and we're all entitled to them.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
funlovincriminal, I totally agree with you. Why waste money by feeding these people, they get luxuries when they commit a crime, and for the past 20 years, they're asking for rights? executions in america cost thousands of dollars, when a bullet only costs $0.30. I don't believe for one second that law abiding citizens should have to put up with criminals, when there are more important issues that my money should go too, like social security. The jail's and prison's here should be as bad as former eastern europe, or even worse.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
IKnowNothing - well said, my friend.
I could do with a holiday abroad somewhere. Maybe I should rob a bank, and let the tax-payers pay for it. That realy pisses me off.How often do you see the pond-life getting nice treats etc. Prison is supposed to be a punishment. No sense embellishing it with comforts!
Glad to know i'm not the only one who thinks like that

[Edited on 15/3/04 by funlovincriminal]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Lethal I/V drip. I busted my neck 16yrs ago, and i'm still here.
S.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Do you think we should castrate sex offenders?

3 Strikes and your out sex offenders, Yes!

S.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And i haven't forgotten there are female sex offenders too.
A diff' question.
S.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
And i haven't forgotten there are female sex offenders too.
A diff' question.
S.

superglue or staples anyone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join