It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Name Appeared to Me - Significance? Cause?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have been more of an observer on ATS than a contributor; when I do join in, it is typically in the political area of the website. I do, however, periodically browse this area of ATS and I feel that it is the only place where I might find the information I now need.

Around two weeks ago, I was flying back home from a distant work placement. We were a good ways into the flight and I was just about ready to give up on reading the novel I'd brought with me (concentration was proving elusive). I distinctly remember glancing past the top of the page, essentially into empty space, in an unfocused, daydream state of mind. Almost immediately, a series of images came to mind. The best way to describe it would be to equate it with a home movie--it genuinely looked as though I was watching someone's private film on the screen of my mind. Or was I the person holding the camera? I don't exactly know. Anyway, the "film" was of a man smiling and briefly waving to the camera as it followed him. He looked quite similar to a man that I was once close friends with, but I understood this man to be another individual. He was walking towards a vehicle that was parked to the side of a river. The river and its surroundings could have been anywhere; they were rather unremarkable--simply trees, a dark river and its stony beach. As he smiled and looked at the camera, I had the distinct impression that he was looking directly at me. He was familiar to me, as though I knew him intimately. As I watched him, a specific name accompanied the picture. I do not mean that the name was displayed in writing to me. Rather, I "heard" or "sensed" his name--including his surname. His name is new to me and I gathered that he would be of great importance to me in the future.

Though it has taken many words to relay, it occurred in a matter of seconds. The images and the man's name have remained with me since then--I can see it perfectly. Throughout each day, his name comes to me at random intervals. I may be engaging in a task or simply watching TV, and I am forcefully reminded of his name. As time passes, it becomes more and more frequent. I cannot tell if this is merely a feeling of imminence, as though an event relating to this man will occur in the very near future, or if it is more of an urgency--something compelling me to take action with what I have been presented with (though what it is that I am supposed to do, I don't know).

It is the most bizarre thing and I have no explanation for it. I have not been able to find any information online relating to this sort of experience. Do you have any thoughts as to what this might be? Have you had a similar experience?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by paperplanes]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hi what is your bloodline i hear it matters sometimes(genetics)
And what is the name of this person?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Have you googled this persons name to see if he exists?
Or maybe it's a common name.
I would be searching the Web for this person and take it from there..might be something to this me thinks..

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK
Hi what is your bloodline i hear it matters sometimes(genetics)
And what is the name of this person?

Paperplanes, I suggest you DO NOT release the name online. If this person IS important you do not want bored kids and hecklers making his life a misery.

I suggest you actively seek out this person. Maybe he had the same drem about you? Either way, your subconscious or some outside factor WANTS you to know this person. See it as your task to heed this message.

If you would like to share privately, feel free to U2U me with how this all works out.

PS: Did you get any notion of nationality from the lucid dream? Is it possible that he resides in a country other than yours?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Psychopump is right im sorry i didnt think.... it was a stupid suggestion.
Is your bloodline Native American or Celtic ect?.
I hear they are more prone to visions ect.
And definatly do some sort of google or genealogy search.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
SvenTheBerserK: I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by bloodline, in regards to my own (how to find a personal bloodline, etc.) or the significance of it. EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean. My ancestral ties are both Native American and of the region of the United Kingdom (particularly Ireland, England and Wales).

tribewilder: I did Google his name but it is apparently an uncommon one. There were a few hits but most were from ancestral archives; very few were related to people who are still living. It is clear that there are living men bearing his name but there is not a lot of information to go on. It is quite possible that he would not be found online, anyway.

Psychopump: I have chosen not to state his name online, for the very reasons you mention.
I certainly feel that something is compelling me to find him, but I don't know how to go about doing so. I do at the same time feel a sense of certainty that our paths are going to cross in the future, with or without my help. It is as though this "dream" is a foretelling.
It would be quite remarkable if he (assuming he exists) did have a similar dream of me. It would also be helpful as I am quite a bit easier to locate online.
I cannot decipher his nationality from the dream. He appears to be of caucasian ethnicity and his name sounds English to me, perhaps of the U.K. or a country that has been influenced by that culture (South Africa or the U.S. even). I frequently work internationally in rural areas, and the more I recall the "dream" the more I begin to think that perhaps I will meet him during one of these excursions. His attire is similar to what my male coworkers wear in these situations and the vehicle in the background is also of the type that we use (Land Rover-type terrain vehicle). I have several of these trips scheduled for this year, so perhaps this is when our paths will cross. Also, it might be possible that he simply works in the same employment field as I do and this will be our future cause for meeting. At the very least, I do have an idea of his possible nationality and employment area.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You say you are easy to find online, but do you ever use you real name online? I am sure that if he shared your dream, the name in his mind would not be ´paperplanes´....

Maybe (if you have not done so already) you should open a VERY BASIC (protect yourself) facebook page, maybe with a mention of his name. That way if he does manage to find you, he will immediately know that he has found the right person...

Just an idea.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Hi paperplanes,
The senario you just wrote about in the OP was exactly the way I recalled my spontaneous pastlife memories ... EXACTLY ...

I was all ready to post that you had experienced flashes of one of your pastlives when I came to the part where you said that you felt this man was important in your future.

Have you considered the possibility that it may not be the future of your present lifetime but a future life (period) ???

What kind of clothing was he wearing ... were they compatible to present day in every way ?

Very interesting OP.

Woody

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
paperplanes - it does sound as if you have had a glimpse of your future whilst in a dream state - I have had similar though they usually happen just before I wake up in the morning. The thing is though, if that is what it is - it will happen, you will meet this person - though probably in a way you least expect, long after you've given up searching. That's just the way this sort of thing seems to happen.

There is something you could try - and that is to ask for more information before you go to sleep, and see if anything comes through in your dreams. Kind of just using the same channel you got the info through in the first place.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Psychopump: Yes, I do have a basic Facebook page under my real name. I have Googled myself (don't tell anyone
) to see how easily I am to find, and the profile is quite easy to locate. I hope that if he is a real individual and he had a similar dream of me, he'll think of doing an online search.

woodwytch: The thought had briefly crossed my mind, but I'm drawn more toward the idea that it is an image from this lifetime. I cannot count myself as a believer in past/future lives, but nor can I assume to know how life operates. I am open to the possibility; I just do not know if it applies here. The clothing he wore and the vehicle in the background look to be from this time period.

skjalddis: Thank you for the suggestion--I will certainly try this tonight. It can't hurt to give it a go. If it is successful, I'll let you know here. I'm afraid that you might be right about this taking a while to come to fruition. If I ever find this man, it may be decades down the line. It is definitely a great mystery.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. It has been a baffling experience, to say the least. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or similar stories--anything at all to add--don't hesitate to post here.

[edit on 13/8/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What you experienced sounds like you had a WILD - a waking induced lucid dream. I personally believe that it is during this type of dream that our conscious mind clearly receives important information from our subconscious.

Consider it a very exciting message.

Next time, ask questions.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
sounds like your initial vision was brought about because you got caught up in a meditative state...
the combination of the drone of the aircraft...
the suspension of ordinary reality from being engrossed in the novel...
being in a 'cocoon' environment inside the aircraft...

all that combination of sensations allowed for a state of what some call an OBE or others call RVing.... (i'm sure your aquainted with those terms on ATS)
as for the echo effects, where the name or image reappears frequently,
i'm leaning to the idea that such a soul-stirring episode with the airplane
experience is loading your mind with these echoes...so your logical, rational mind can resolve that 'meta-physical' event and put it to rest.

new topics

top topics

join