It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little man watching mars rover.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Probably after a few beers

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Are you kidding me with this crap?

Whoooo...

We need to get some more intelligent people in this forum!

Anyone actually educated here?

Mod Edit: READ THIS POST!!

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
First of all, I would like to make a public apology to fathtom for my outburst to her. I am sorry that I lost my temper in that childish way, and the MODS were right to remove my idiotic post.

I will also thank the OP for posting the image. Do NOT stop posting images/videos/theories/thoughts! The only way we will ever know the truth about anything, is by discussing and analyzing things in a calm and rational way. If you have something you think is worth discussing, keep it coming, as long as you are not intentionally hoaxing or trolling.

Thanks to ArMaP and Internos, also, for contributing to the thread and taking the OP seriously.

I would also like to thank Zorgon for his comments. You are right. Some people will never ever see anything but rocks, no matter what. But at least the two of us found the square feature interesting enough to want to take a closer look at it. I still doubt that this is an ordinary Mars rock

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

I am thinking about signing up for this site,but thats not right what you said.. To me, at first view, this site is for people who believe in the unbelievable by society standards. The people on this site are the kind of people that could change history if they come across something that IS real.. But, if the pics or posts are debunked, isn't that what keeps you looking for something that IS REAL???? I think that its not impossible for the Little man to be real.. If you have never been to mars, how do you KNOW what life on Mars is suppose to look like??? I think its a creative find and the poster has a good eye for things. Good job, keep the creativity rolling.. Remember, they called Einstein crazy to!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
Are you kidding me with this crap?

Whoooo...

We need to get some more intelligent people in this forum!

Anyone actually educated here?

That was truly unnecessary. You can get the same message across without being rude.

Personally I don't see what the original poster was trying to point out, but I do appreciate his time and effort.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
this thread need's flag's from everyone and renamed to ...What not to say in reply too someone's post..no matter how dumb you think it is lol

For a example.

2nd my opening statement was this.
Little man watching mars rover.
i said
idk but to me looks like a little man.
watching the rover..i meant really small man lol
idk and laughing..why???? becouse it isn't like i flat assumed i found a little green man on mars.

But there is always a chance ..WHAT IF....

it's like alot of people are so uptight...so uptight you could put a lump of coal in there bum cheeks in a week it would possible be a diamond.
letting conspiracy's and propaganda bs..eat there brains up.

i know its a rock folk's ...
but if it look's like a little man to me it does
if you see a ufo video as proof and i see jarfly....its a jarfly i don't care how many say its a ufo.

but i would never post saying your a retard or ignorant...uneducated...
as so many has over this.
and think that's kinda funny in a way.

can you see my point here?

[edit on 9-8-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I agree that the tread title could be changed.

If you thought that this was a rock then you should have stated it on the title and on the opening post.

If you thought this could be a little man you should have noticed that it was only a possibility on the opening post and preferably on the title.

But if really though that this was a little man then the title is correct.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What I see is a rock - in the original picture - but with an initial quick glance it looks like a meercat. A new Discovery Channel show maybe, Meercats of Mars?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
First of all, I would like to make a public apology to fathtom for my outburst to her. I am sorry that I lost my temper in that childish way, and the MODS were right to remove my idiotic post.

I will also thank the OP for posting the image. Do NOT stop posting images/videos/theories/thoughts! The only way we will ever know the truth about anything, is by discussing and analyzing things in a calm and rational way. If you have something you think is worth discussing, keep it coming, as long as you are not intentionally hoaxing or trolling.

Thanks to ArMaP and Internos, also, for contributing to the thread and taking the OP seriously.

I would also like to thank Zorgon for his comments. You are right. Some people will never ever see anything but rocks, no matter what. But at least the two of us found the square feature interesting enough to want to take a closer look at it. I still doubt that this is an ordinary Mars rock

Probably the most sensible post in this thread. Deserves a star imo.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by fleabit I believe in UFOs. I believe in aliens. I think they are here, now.

Please provide me with proof of these wild claims of yours.. Have you any pictures of these aliens or UFO's you believe in?

No? Then why is what you see or believe ok and what other's see not?

Silly Lemming

There is no need to get snippy. I am not even bashing the OP. There is quite a difference between all the accumulated data on UFOs, and a fuzzy picture of a small rock. There is a progression of bad ideas that propogate when things like this go unchecked. Take for instance, the fellow on these boards that circles just about every rock in any Mars picture, and comes up with "living faces," dragons, aliens, and who knows what else. They are rocks. This is a rock. I'm not going to support that it might be a tiny man with hair, when it's obviously not.

I firmly believe in things that has a solid base of factual data supporting it. There is of course, a mountain of solid evidence supporting the fact that UFOs are indeed here. I've yet to see one solid shred of proof that the rocks on Mars are anything but that. While I do endorse trying to keep an open mind, I also like to try to curtail overactive imaginations. If there is one thing I'd LOVE to see in my lifetime, it's a serious approach to the study of UFOs. There is no such serious study, and there will not be, until a more sober attitude is adopted towards it, especially by the media. As long as crackpot websites and far-fetched ideas are embraced, it will never garner serious attention.

This is the Aliens and UFO forum. If I posted a picture of what I assumed was probably a rock, I wouldn't post it here. I'd post it in the grey area, or skunkworks, or somewhere more suited for it.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
that pic looks fake as hell.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I noticed this particular statement from you:
"There is of course a mountain of solid evidence supporting the fact that UFOs are indeed here."

I for one was not aware of this mountain of evidence. Can you back up your statement with some kind of solid proof? I am sure many, many members here at ATS would very much like to see it.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OK, here is a list of all images I could find with the "little man".

Front hazcam
Sol 1584

Sol 1591

Sol 1593
(these images are too dark, but they show the same area)

Sol 1596

But the navigation camera also shows that "little man", and in a way that may clear some doubts for those that were not sure if this was a rock or a little man.

Navigation Camera
Sol 1584

Sol 1591

Sol 1593

Sol 1596

It's possible that there are more photos showing the "little man", but I haven't noticed. Also, as these images are the most recent images available, they are not yet on PDS.

Here is a comparison between the "Little man" from the Opening Post and the one from the Navigation Camera.

For those that have those red and blue glasses, here is an anaglyph.

Full size

Now I am going to see what I can do with ziggystar60's find.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you so much, ArMaP, you are one of a kind. I appreciate very much that you are willing to do all this work to provide us with the best images available. I look forward to seing what you can find regarding the square feature I am so intererested in.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I feel justified through your post simply because pretty often i like talking about how much "tricky" our mind can be.

Starred.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Here you have your find.

Apparentely, the square shape was only created by one of those light rays.

These are all the images I found with that area, they are many.

Front Hazcam

Sol 1582

Sol 1584

Sol 1591

Sol 1593

Sol 1596

Sol 1598

Sol 1600

Sol 1602

Sol 1604

Sol 1607

Navigation Camera

Sol 1567

Sol 1603

Sol 1607

Panoramic Camera

Sol 1571

And here is also an anaglyph.

And as an extra, a false (even more false then usual, it was made with infrared, green and violet) colour image to make the thread a little more colourfull.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you so very much, ArMaP. I have looked through the images you provided, and I am now totally satisfied that the square "thingy" I spotted in the OP's original image was just an illusion. You have put my mind to rest once and for all regarding this feature.

I am amazed that you were kind enough and took the time to do all this work, and I hope ATS knows and appreciates what a fantastic asset you are to this forum.

And a special thanks to my favourite portugese for the colorful image!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
No bad b movie is complete without a midget attack. I watched alien hunters? today and it was so bad I had to watch it out. It's like a bad car wreck. You just can't look away. And yes, they had midgets. I don't know what the heck half these anomolous images are on Mars.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i wish i could find them picture's like armap

them are tight lol

all i ever see on there website is like what i started with lol

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
i wish i could find them picture's like armap

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Just have to LOOK

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...