It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #1 - Coloured dots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran
The hex values for the colours I take it are the right way to go?

I dunno, but the image is a GIF, using indexed color. In that format, a number in the format RRGGBB, for each pixel, can represent all the color resolution in the image, where RR, GG, and BB are hex numbers, each 00-FF (0-255 in decimal). I took the color values from the center of each patch (the edges fade a little).

So if the important info is the color at the center of each patch in the 19x2 grid, then representing them as hex numbers like that is a lossless translation.

(Hmm, a thought: it's an indexed color image, so the CLUT indices are additional information, too... don't think it would be that tricky, though...)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
did you try this thread ID?

i know you probably have, but it was worth bringing up.

also, search the answer on ATS, if it is that type of answer...

Roswell.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I haven't cracked the code, but I think I may have the thread number.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

I could be wrong here guys....but I think the thread ID is just a spot for your user name so they know who solved it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm working on searching ATS now ... this thread is unlikely, given what I got from the decrypting. But it didn't give me a really clear answer, either.

Do you think BTS is fair game?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Obviously I can be wrong. Just don't get used to it.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I believe if you type in the correct solution and the thread ID it refers to, you will then be taken to a page to enter your information. That is how it has worked in the past.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think the thread i.d might be "HUNT_ADMIN" ?

Look at the bottom of the thread, where it usually says who the mods are you get this!

"This thread is in a forum moderated by: HUNT_ADMIN"

Could be the thread i.d.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrIII

HUNT_ADMIN is the moderator of this forum. Look at the top of your browser while this thread is open. You will see that this thread ID is 379605.

Whatever the correct ID of the thread that correlates with the solution should go in the box.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Have you tried the obvious thread id?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Woo! Game time!

Way to go, AD!
I can help you find the thread... without stealing it from you. (I promise) That's an area I feel I excel at. I can find almost anything on the web/ats.
Let me know if you want another set of eyes.
I'm lost (no surprise there lol) on the code.... so I don't mind helping to find the threads.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

Just curious. How can you guess the thread ID without knowing the solution to the puzzle?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What about the filename, 991919? Could that be the thread ID?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Can I post the solution here and let everyone have at it? I'm really frustrated and just don't know these boards well enough ...

I think I'll let this post stand until 10:30 AM (my time, which is EDT) and if no one has objected, I'll go ahead.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

Too high for a thread ID, a post ID works but I already looked at that and it didn't seem to be involved.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Kellter]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Good team spirit. I'm not arsed about the T-shirt, the game itself is why we play isn't it?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I dunno, AD. Maybe just a hint to the solution, if you really wanna go that way. I'd hate to see you miss out on a t-shirt.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I bet the answer you got from the cryptogram is very cryptic.....

It gives you an idea what to search for and you try to find the thread somewhere on ats.

There may or may not be some type of hint within the thread to let you know you got the right one. Like a little picture or something. (I don't know exactly how this is going to work yet,just wild guessing)

Search the thing from top to bottom... if it's not too long. If it's a very long thread you need to develop some type of strategy to get through it quicker.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have 16 unique colours including black. Am I on the right track?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

Yes. Using X for black, I've got this sequence:

ABCDEFGHDEDIJ
XLBCMDJHGLJNOJCGCLB

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join