It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia/Georgia Situation News & Updates

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There is already over 1,000 dead fox news just reported

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Over 1,000 dead
Fox news reported
- sorry for double post

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Rentor]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rentor
Fox news... i am going through all the news channels,but it is fox news

Do you have a link, I just looked on Fox's site and was unable to find a source for that information.

1.1 million is a lot of troops.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
reply to post by Truther

Dont belive everything you read
1.1 million troops would be a tremendously stupid miitary move even if russia expected Nato to do somthing, Which nato wont

Maybe i misheard it, maybe they said 1.1 thousand lol

link   
russia doesnt have a million+ troops, come on.

They have around 600,000 or around i believe
Georgia 24,000?

link   
reply to post by Rentor

1000! thats alot in the space of a few hours.. imagine if full blown war breaks out..

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus

Originally posted by Truther
Are the russians expecting nato to intervien, it surely looks that way if you need 1.1million troops.........

I don't think NATO has any claim to get involved in this one. I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me one way or t'other.

Sky News said NATO cannot intervene, I can't remember the reason why, but they basically said Russia was pissed at NATO too, maybe Russia WANT NATO to go in?? Russia is cutting airlinks to Georgia starting tomorrow... oooo scary

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther
reply to post by Rentor

1000! thats alot in the space of a few hours.. imagine if full blown war breaks out..

U.S sent a convoy into Georgia

link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe
reply to post by Britguy

I love that.. "US/NATO."

As if all the other members of NATO don't exist.
Last time I checked the UK was part of NATO.

Yeah, if the US would just stop war mongering the entire planet would blossom into Utopia. Russians and Ukranians would dance around the maypole holding hands. The Serbs and Kosovars would lay down together.
India and Pakistan would French kiss. Palestinians and Arabs would suddenly love the Jews.

All Muslims would suddenly elevate the social status of females. Every human being would be incredibly intelligent, beautiful and disease-free forever. If it wasn't for those darn Americans. There never would have been a Third Reich or a Bolshevik if it weren't for that darned US acting consistently against the rest of the industrialized nations' wishes.
Rogues. Cowboys. Maybe somebody oughta take them out and put some smart people in charge like the French.

Love it! Nice response to everyone on here pointing the finger at the USA.

Yes the USA has been assisting the new Democracy in Georgia. That's no threat to Russia. It's not like we are placing bombers or nuclear warheads in their backyard (Cuba). Russia is even opposed to missle defense systems.... why? I would be opposed to any offensive systems placed on my borders but why be afraid of defensive systems? Use Cuba as an example again, SAM shields... so what. Nuclear warheads... hell no.

It only took one person being assasinated to help set off a world war in the past. This could get really nasty. If Russia retakes the country things are not going to be good for the rest of us. Let's hope cooler heads prevail ASAP!

link   
Wе should all condemn actions of Georgian authorities. This can't bе solved bу waging war. Moreover it mау spread to other regions. And it also hellps terrorists to use it in different ways. Terrorist infiltration into the region will shatter the status quo in terms of international energy projects e.g. Baku Tbilisi Сеуhаn. Islamic terrorists disguised as osetians саn blow uр the pipelines.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

But it WONT ffs
This isnt a situation where war can break out just because this is a big news story
As ive stated in other threads, There is Zero chance of a full scale war happening
Stop fear mongering god damn it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Truther

But it WONT ffs
This isnt a situation where war can break out just because this is a big news story
As ive stated in other threads, There is Zero chance of a full scale war happening

I don't think after 1,000 dead there gonna be like okay lets call it quits

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Are you sure that's not Envoy(as in Diplomatic core)? Convoy would indicate military and I just don't think the U.S. is gonna leap into this with two feet right off the bat.

Obs out

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have just been watching russian news and the new president says that georgia will be punished severely, this is not the words of a man ready to call it quits...........

link   

it says that Russia has NOT confirmed that it has used any of it's airforce yet

Eh?

"Russia is fighting a war with us in our own territory," Saakashvili told CNN, calling on Washington to help.

He also said Georgian forces had downed two Russian jets. There was no immediate confirmation Russia had sent bombers.

A Russian fighter flies over a Georgian position near the city of Tskhinvali, 62 miles from Tbilisi, August 8, 2008.
- REUTERS/Irakli Gedenedze

We don't really need that kind of confirmation when we can see it for ourselves in pictures.

link   
1000 dead is just the numbers seen - as reported Georgia have started a campaign of genocide.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Are you sure that's not Envoy(as in Diplomatic core)? Convoy would indicate military and I just don't think the U.S. is gonna leap into this with two feet right off the bat.

Obs out

All on fox news man...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Truther

But it WONT ffs

YO! Their are T&C rules around here. And you have been nothing but spiteful and rude on this thread... You don't know anything more than any of us. So do all of ATS a favor.

Stick to the topic or Shut up with the fear monger BS.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I just found out there is U.S troops in Georgia but not in the fight yet...maybe that's why Russia sent those numbers...thinking we might join in

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join