It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia/Georgia Situation News & Updates

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
some people have no clue at all as o what the US involvement in this is

That's right! It's all the fault of the U.S.

Ohh, wait...it was...it was...I know...It was BUSH!

You know something, it's really getting old. Give it a break for once!

i can see russia using nukes when this goes out of control to send a message to the USA.

I suppose we should respond to that with a tactical nuclear strike on their defiant terror sponsoring buddy Iran!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chips

Georgia Downs Two Russian Planes

Make that 4 Russian planes, according to Mikheil Saakashvili, Renegade.

Some links:

SKY: Russian Tanks Roll Into Georgia
BBC: Russian tanks head towards South Ossetia
CNN: Georgia 'under attack' as Russian tanks roll in
AP: Georgian army moves to retake South Ossetia
FOX: Russia, Georgia Battle Over Breakaway Republic
AFP: Russian troops killed in S.Ossetia
MSNBC: Battle erupts over Georgia's breakaway region
REUTERS: Russia sends forces into Georgia

Yup.

Truly are some amazing/crazy/truly scary events unfolding here. we may be witnessing the start of something HUGE.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Oh god no please, this is going to be bad, this could have very serious repercussions. I hope this gets sorted with some kind of diplomacy.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus

Originally posted by TheOracle
Most citizen in those regions are russians ethnic or have russian citizenship. Georgia troops allegedly slaughtering many of them.

We are hearing that they were given Russian passports; they did not apply for them. Do the South Ossetians want to be Russian, or do they want to be their own nation?

Yes I believe something like 90 percent are on te side of Russia or wanting independence. I am not sure of the numbers but there is no doubt. Situation is compared to what happened in Kosovo where the majority is ethnic albanian. They also speak russian not georgian, Russia granted them passports too, they had to apply, people didnt knock at their doors offering them a passport. Many have families and jobs in Russia and so on.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by TheOracle]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is horrible. I wish Bush would hold a press conference and say something. We do not need to be involved in this any further than just trying to make the peace.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This sucks, but Im not too surprised. Yesterday the RSOE map lit up with "terrorist" attacks all over that region yesterday.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Go Russia... show them Georgians, the old bear still got some teeth..

I for one think Georgia brought this # storm down on themselves

Peace or war... whatever....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I love that.. "US/NATO."

As if all the other members of NATO don't exist.
Last time I checked the UK was part of NATO.

Yeah, if the US would just stop war mongering the entire planet would blossom into Utopia. Russians and Ukranians would dance around the maypole holding hands. The Serbs and Kosovars would lay down together.
India and Pakistan would French kiss. Palestinians and Arabs would suddenly love the Jews.

All Muslims would suddenly elevate the social status of females. Every human being would be incredibly intelligent, beautiful and disease-free forever. If it wasn't for those darn Americans. There never would have been a Third Reich or a Bolshevik if it weren't for that darned US acting consistently against the rest of the industrialized nations' wishes.
Rogues. Cowboys. Maybe somebody oughta take them out and put some smart people in charge like the French.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Georgian President is on BBC News 24 right now and he's saying alot of world leaders have contacted him to ceasefire and he said he wants to hold a ceasefire... I think he's talking a bit of the old BS personally

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
More from Sky News:

Some reports say Turkey have been helping Georgia since the Russians went across the border. What help that could be is anyone's guess, but I would doubt it's anything much in the way of military - how would that be for escalation!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

sadly yet again somepeople have no clue at all what the US involvement is in Georgia - use search and you will see what Bush has allready said about his friend in T'bilisi
- why? well its simple - the USA is the main sponser of Georgia joining nato - to have a direct land border in the south with russia

but the bluntignorance has no clue; this isn`t about oil its about moving the pieces against russia.

yup yup...so who say we wont help Georgia

Americans doing all this for a reason people!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

More from Sky News:

Some reports say Turkey have been helping Georgia since the Russians went across the border. What help that could be is anyone's guess, but I would doubt it's anything much in the way of military - how would that be for escalation!

Really? this is gonna get HUGE! THEN

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

More from Sky News:

I've said it once and i'll say it again ... WOW!!!

This is like watching a WWE PPV!! more twists and turns than a .... than a.... war against Georgia and Russia emerging... oh darn

EDIT:::

Something strange the President of Georgia is saying that only two Russian jets have been shot down?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by RenegadePsycho]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rentor

More from Sky News:

Really? this is gonna get HUGE! THEN

Like I say, it was just a report that Sky News got so Turkey might be doing bugger all, or they may just be making phone calls.

Both sides appear to be using the Olympics in their timing arguments against each other, and I'm sure someone is taking advantage of this. Russia expected something to happen; they would not have had that much armour ready to roll through the tunnel so quickly, but that doesn't mean they or the Ossetian separatists started anything. I'm on no-ones side here until the full truth emerges - I have ZERO pre-conceptions coming into this.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join