It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia/Georgia Situation News & Updates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
without US support , Georgia would not have dared provoke Russia

if US enters the war , consider that world war 3 , has broken out

USA cannot survive a nuclear war , but Russia can thanks to the massive civil defence network it created during USSR era

[edit on 8-8-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chips
reply to post by Britguy

Nice, cheers for that, Britguy and Kryties.

Ooh and according to Sky, the Georgian President has said 'this is now about America' and 'we are a freedom-loving country - we are now under attack.' Georgia is calling on the U.S. to act. I'm getting this from Sky News - I'll look for links.

For real?

Wow this is amazing someone said WW3 will start in August

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

Ooh and according to Sky, the Georgian President has said 'this is now about America' and 'we are a freedom-loving country - we are now under attack.' Georgia is calling on the U.S. to act. I'm getting this from Sky News - I'll look for links.

I can back you up on that man, I heard the same. Theres just so much information coming out and most of it sounds BS but you dont know what to think. I don't think America will get involved in this.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

the US would never dare to enter a full scale war with Russia over Georgia.
Very specific information about the conflict and recent updates in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadePsycho

reply to post by Britguy

I can back you up on that man, I heard the same. Theres just so much information coming out and most of it sounds BS but you dont know what to think. I don't think America will get involved in this.

it is thanks to american military support and funding that Georgia has dared to provoke Russia

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The Us have been training Georgian forces, there may even be US forces still on the ground in Georgia. The Georgian PM is playing his supposed trump card by mentioning the US and hinting of US backup which, given the recent gas /oil blow the US just suffered in the region, may not be forthcoming.

I guess the Georgians are counting on world opinion viewing them as the poor little defenders, whilst ignoring the fact that they have just bombed the crap out of a region that don't want to be ruled by them.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Maybe this was planned people? Maybe this was Bush plan for he can stay in office

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

Originally posted by RenegadePsycho

reply to post by Britguy

it is thanks to american military support and funding that Georgia has dared to provoke Russia

Oh well theres me looking like a fool!! haha

Sky News is showing images of civilians in basements watching TV biting their nails... sign of the times or what

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There showing queues of people lining up in the Georgian capital signing up for MILITARY NOW on Sky News!!!!!!

[edit on 8-8-2008 by RenegadePsycho]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So now Georgia starts acting as the victim. Thas just great first start a war with a peace sign and keep acting like a victim thats Holywood scenario , and the world will say poor Georgia , Russia is bad, tanks invading bla bla , I Already see the big picture here

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The Us have been training Georgian forces, there may even be US forces still on the ground in Georgia. The Georgian PM is playing his supposed trump card by mentioning the US and hinting of US backup which, given the recent gas /oil blow the US just suffered in the region, may not be forthcoming.

I guess the Georgians are counting on world opinion viewing them as the poor little defenders, whilst ignoring the fact that they have just bombed the crap out of a region that don't want to be ruled by them.

if US forces attempt to join , they will be obliterated

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadePsycho

great , more fools getting sucked in , thanks to games of imperialism that USA plays

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

Originally posted by Britguy

if US forces attempt to join , they will be obliterated

With this war,we can justice our war with Iran! seems fishy and we have many ships from Atlantic ocean with NATO ships over to Iran

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Well done, thats the most ignorant and least intelligent post i've seen on this board yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

and the actions of the US are up to no good ,

stick on the topic ......

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

problem is the United states goes into other countries medeles in their affairs and then walks out.
they tell others that is a Bad idea and no nation should do this,
yet they do it anyway.

With the US/Israel and Iran issue
looks like we have a new cold war coming our way

War did bring the US out of the great depression
guess this is how they will fix their econemy again

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
UPDATE: New Video of firefight:

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Georgia are reporting four Russian planes have been downed over Georgia, NOT South Ossetia.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

hell no USA will not recover, this time this will not be so , the only industry that USA has left is military ,

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
UPDATE: New Video of firefight:

www.liveleak.com...

WOW! Star for such a find!! Makes me wonder even in a time of threat such as that incident, how the hell do people record it!?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join