It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Universe??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It is true that there is alternate universals when comes to time travel. Why? When you time travel you would create a new universe. Lets say Bob
trys to travel back in time to fix his life. Of course he himself did not have a man asking him. It's a hard concept to get into. But now for the main idea DO WE LIVE IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE? There is too many questions but this is one to consider. Are we just a copy of another universe. If any of you are confused of this U2U or help contribute. It's sometimes hard for me to explain.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yep its one of those questions that lead to more questions...

have a search around the net about it..there are loads of sites that deal with these issues.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well the way I see it is the nature of the universe, the behavior of celestial objects, and quantum phyisics all can be metaphors to the diversity of human behavior and since some of us certainly are in their own universe or bubble then the existance of alternate universes is very likely.

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by jrod]

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
First, no one knows if it is true. Mathematicians have theoretically calculated the possibility of 11 different universes.

Why? I don't know, and it's probable that no one does right now. Why can't some people conjugate the verb 'to be'? The world may never know.

I don't think it's likely that we live in an alternate universe. I would venture to guess that we live in a primary universe, and if others existed, they would be the alternates. That, of course is subject to my own viewpoint. After all, I live here.

And I'm still trying to figure out what you're saying about Bob...

Does that help?

DeltaChaos

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree with Delta Chaos. I would suggest you look into such theories as the Super String theory. These theories posit that there are as many as 8 (?) different dimensions that make up the consistency of our current universe. Likewise, at the point that these dimensions reach a certain point, it is probable that they might open up into an entirely different alternate universe (black holes). So yes, I think there are alternate universes, however, our current universe in not in itself an alternate universe.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If I were to give advice, which I don't, but if I did, I would suggest tackling conjugation first, then SuperString Theory.

I think as far as we'll ever know, alternate universes are purely speculative. For example, if you were to do something, and then wonder what would've happened if you made a different decision.

In this way, many people do literally escape this universe by imagining and living an alternate timeline of the mind.

These people are people we know and love. They are the liars, braggarts, stalkers, postal service workers, and conservative government administrators of the world. They might live right next door to you, but you would never know. And niether would they!

DeltaChaos

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I escape this place by drinking some cold ones

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I like to have a few cold ones, get on ATS and make up stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I honestly don't understand your concept of mathematically "11 universes" for every you do not do you make a billions of new universes. The main idea is that we are a copy of the original which is pretty weird.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Universe theory is also very interesting. So let me go into this concept more say you make a move there are other moves that you could have made. Therefore there is another universe making a different move. It's not very complicated

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
I honestly don't understand your concept of mathematically "11 universes"...

Hey, I just read it in a magazine, pal. Gimme a break!

No, I'm just kidding.

But really, read my keystrokes - MATHEMETICIANS HAVE THEORIZED UP TO 11 DIMENSIONS. Damn. Dimensions! That was it! 11 Dimensions!!!

Is a dimension different from a universe? Do dimensions exist within universes, or universes within dimensions. OH MAN HOW DID THAT GO?!!! Wait...

Oh, I remember now! Turkey Pot Pie!

Man I'm a genius!
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Now your comment makes more sense. But I could have sworn it was 10. Some say in 2012 we could pass into the 5th dimension and skip team. Dimensions have a huge role in the universe. You made good points though!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here's what i heard:

As String Theory evolved, it evolved into 5 different theories. All 5 theories were different, but they all described the Universe and no one could prove or disprove any one of the 5 theories. Then one physisist actually figured out and proved that all 5 were actually different ways of looking at the Universe and that became M Theory. In these theories our Universe is on a three dimensional plane that floats basically right beside a whole bunch of other ones, like slices of bread ( to use the example from Nova). For our 3 dimensional slice to be beside others, there have to be more than 3 dimensions and somehow they figured there were 11 dimansions.

That's what I heard, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Later.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I remember reading in some digest or national geographic about a scientist comparing our universe to a bubble in the suds of beer with the possibility of an infinate number of universe that we can't see and have no way of ever learning about them.

A suppose for the talk about a 11 dimension universe to keep on continuing there has to be some math equations that show their is something special happening if observing the universe from the 11th dimension or what not. I would love for someone to try to prove it has more affect on the way scientist look at the universe than Einstein's idea of looking at the universe with the speed of light constant and time changing and all the relativistic stuff that happens when when you approach C

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
for more information of string theory and its current state i would highly siggest downloading and watching the elegant "universe program" by nova. it's fairly good, and easy to understand. unfortunately, it's broken up into 24 short segments online.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I read a story where every time you made a decision, you branched out into another universe. Thus there are an infinite number of universes, and an infinite number of decisions you made. I doubt it holds any water, but an interesting concept anyway.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
In my opinion (which is limited on this particular subject) I would have to say that each person resides in their own unique universe in a sense, separate from everyone else's. Each person experiences things differently. For example, skydiving from 30,000 feet. I've seen guys absolutely freak out in that situation, and swear they'll never do it again, unless duty calls. Other guys get addicted to it. You know?

It all depends on a person's perspective. For example, when you look at a forest, how do you know that what the person beside you is seeing is the same? Of course not, the other person will see things differently than you will. That's just my .02 anyway.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
You won't even find me in an L shape at 1100 ft. unless I'm drawing jump pay!

To hell with AFR,
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
As strange as it might be, I never thought about another universe. I googled alternate dimensions and universes and got a couple of interesting sites.

www.mysticalblaze.com...

donavanhall.net...

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
See my problem with the multi-universe theory is where does it stop? You would need to have an infinite amount of energy to create infinite universes. It just does not sound logical to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join