It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the start of WW3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

It looks like skirmishes have started. Is this the beginning of WW3?
I blame Georgia really south ossetia and abkhazia were not part of georgia before Stalin annexed them. And after the collapse of the Soviet Union, they claim this territory. The population of both provinces are overwhelmingly for independence and many hold russian citizenship as well.
But lets hope it is solved with a war with russia that could turn really ugly.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
No

look it's not...

I don't know how I know that... I'm a republican, I'm a patriot, I love to sound off...

and I know when the time comes... I'm going to stand down if not being shot at...

I think it might go...

But I honestly think something remarkable will finally happen...that people will simply be so screwed up and disrupted that...

The war will simply be unable to maintain itself...

it might go for a few months... but ...the cops will just stop, the national gaurd will stop..the death and disease will be so awful at first that...

It will end regardless of orders

you can brain wash and hypnotise people but...you can't order them to commit suicide..this is a known fact...

as it gets bad...people are going to simply refuse...all over even among the gung ho...

I have faith in people... I really do, and we have natural survival instincts...

some will try...but they will fail

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This has been brewing for a long time now... and you're right, it's something that could get really ugly really fast.

I'd really like to know what the view of some other worlds leaders are about it - but I think they're too busy playing ping pong at the Olympics.

Georgia wants in on NATO, too - if that happens, Russia is going to get extremely touchy.

Missile shield -> Georgia in NATO -> not a particularly happy Russia.

WWIII might be a bit much, but it'll add to the global angst.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
This has been brewing for a long time now... and you're right, it's something that could get really ugly really fast.

I'd really like to know what the view of some other worlds leaders are about it - but I think they're too busy playing ping pong at the Olympics.

Georgia wants in on NATO, too - if that happens, Russia is going to get extremely touchy.

Missile shield -> Georgia in NATO -> not a particularly happy Russia.

WWIII might be a bit much, but it'll add to the global angst.

If you let them make you think it and then believe it and it becomes part of your being and planning and living...

then you let them make it happen...

I choose disbelief of this scenario... I am not prepared for it, I trust my instincts for survival if I need them...

But I will not be made to fear.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
First post ..not even a member but I am here about every day.. Strategically, what's going on with Russia , plus the Olympic games starting in a few hours is brilliant if you are plannign an attack on Iran.... Of course the Russian and Chinese military are capable of responding to any outside threat, but if an "Attack on Iran" by Israel happened right about now, especially with the current naval build-up in the gulf... both countries have an out.. you know..ohhh sorry Iran, we had that other thing going on..sucks for you though.. Just a thought.. I'm gonna watch the news...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Lets don't forget those ships heading towards Iran now also
with Russia going mad over there.Sounds like a sound off

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Guys this is seriously the time...to send a message that... no one wants this...

They have all the power in the world...

But they don't control us... we all have free will

They can't do it.. if we will against it...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
and...

all of this aside...

Russia is just...getting a piece of the action because it can get away with it if we lay down the pretext...

if we go for Iran they will secure the other territories...

not for ww3 with us... but, to help the Iranians and be the ones that pick up Iran when we leave...

The mideast is f'd...

China America and Russia wants the oil...

If the islamic nations were smart...they would...stop the rhetoric and speak peace... make invasion impossible...

Iranians are cool kids man...70% young, this is just a friggin stupidity

Ahmadenijad was the worst choice ever... and just like us...those kids didn't vote for him much more than we voted for Bush...

A rebellion in America is impossible... and the Iran culture is... abit macho... but they like us and we like them...

The Iranian street needs to stage a massive protest.. those guys most of our ages ...do not want this rhetoric...

we have obama coming in and...civil controls are too tight in the USA... we can't do it... it would fail...

But Iran isn't so...computerized... they can out there nut job... we only have... 5 months left for ours...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
And Jews around the world like myself need to tell Isreal to calm the f down...

They are seriously painting themselves to be what people think they are and it's retarded because they aren't...

the tough talk is...contradictory to a victory

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't know
Lets look in the past how the other World Wars started. Kinda started like what is going on now

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If we can git something out of going to war with Georgia or Russia (like oil or something) im sure that the government will find a reason to go to war. but its unlikely

new topics

top topics

join