It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC to reset us to big bang?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I have found a number of sources stating the Large Hadron Collider will produce the same type of energies that were present in the big bang - following this logic it might be possible that the energies will expand to form a new universe from scratch again - and the process of life starts over. Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
no....universe always expanding...but it may be like an elastic band...gets to a certain point and folds back within itself...but there is no way the haldron collidor has enough power to do such a thing...the worst it can do(as to our knowledge) is create mini blackholes which should dissipate almost as quick as they were created...if theory holds up...really not anything to worry about.

And no it doesnt have the enrgy of the big bang...it is simply recreating the first few nano seconds AFTER the big bang...we cannot recreate the big bang literally...

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HighEye

If they knew without any doubt what will happen there would be no need to continue with this experiment. I know they cannot say that nothing will happen, only the chances of things not happening. But they don't know for sure about any of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
While I do not believe the LHC poses any risk of destroying the planet or reverting us back to pre-Big Bang, I do believe that it poses the potential to tear open a hole in the space-time continuum. The LHC is about as close as the human race has come, thus far, to creating a 'wormhole' or even a time machine of some description. While I dont believe, if this happens, that we will be able to 'walk on through to the other side', I do believe however it will be a massive stepping stone in terms of the knowledge we gain about such phenomena.

new topics

top topics

join