It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Do Not Need War for Population Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think the person who started the thread about de-populating our planet by way of war or a virus is either crazy or an obvious plant by some nefarious organization.
I recently read that in reality, with proper management and distribution, Mother Earth can support 26 Billion (with a "B") people. Yes, it would take some adjustment and agreements with governments, but it could be done.
People are starving and dying not for lack of food, but for lack of proper distribution of food. If you have any doubt as to the evil that slithers through this planet of ours, one need look no farther than to governments who let their people starve to death.
I can only hope that their is an equal punishment for the amoral bastards who deprive people of food and water. A friend says that this really is hell and we live in an illusion. If you're hungry and thirsty, it might as well be hell.
To that poster person who suggests a killer virus as well - be careful what you wish for as I believe what he desires is just around the corner. It is being carefully made in laboratories as I write this. It will be a cloned version of the 1918 pandemic and it is a doozy. This is not your typical flu with aches and pains and fever - oh no, it's a hemmoregic and the healthiest of people die first. Those with strong immune systems go into over-drive and implode, so to speak. I understand as well, those in the pandemic turned strange colors as well. Again, this won't be a virus comforted by NyQuil or Thera-Flu or your mother's chicken soup. Good Luck everyone!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
There are zombie survival guides, and as far as I know. They work. As far as someone saying we need cataclysm to the population, I say nee thay! Well, who am I to say. I am sure some power other than Dick Cheney will decide for us. Or just Dick Cheney. We are doomed.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Barbs46

I am afraid you have overlooked the power of the exponential curve.

We do need population control badly.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Flag for you.

There are plenty of ways to make this world a more harmonious place without such stupidity.

more than 80% of the world lives on less than 10% of the land.

If (in 1993 numbers) you took each and every single american, they would all fit in an area the size of Alaska and have 5 acres each...

the problem is not population, its decentralization and logistics.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
War doesn't seem to be very efficient population control. It is so hit or miss.

I don't know if population control is necessary. I wouldn't support it because it doesn't seem as though overpopulation will directly endanger the status quo during my lifetime. I am not having kids and I don't care what happens after I'm gone. The next generation is screwed. I litter, I hope pollution makes everyone sterile.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by CallMeMaury]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Perhaps the earth could support 28 billion...but at what quality of life?

Should we all live in chicken coops? People do this in some cities in China already. If we all lived like factory-farmed chickens with food tubes down our throats maybe we could make it 38 billion. Would that be cool?

As far as I am concerned, there has already been an unacceptable tradeoff of "quality" for "quantity": both in terms of length of life and total population. We need fewer people who live shorter, but better, lives.

For the record, I'm in my late 30s and I'd gladly agree to die at, say, age 50 rather than 80 or 90 if the tradeoff included a vastly better quality of life. That is, I'd rather have ten more years of pleasant, comfortable existence than 40 more years where I'm constantly and neurotically scrambling for a marginal existance.

It all comes down to whether you believe life, in and of itself, is an absolute good, or whether you believe there are some things in life that are worse than the non-existence of death. I tend towards the latter view.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barbs46
To that poster person who suggests a killer virus as well - be careful what you wish for as I believe what he desires is just around the corner.

Do your worst.

We will stand or we will fall.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
If population control is needed, then why oh why does the Pope, Bush, religious right and others denounce and point fingers at birth control? Are babies only valuable while in the womb? It seems many are concerned about aborting a baby in utero, and then just forgets about the baby and it's welfare after its birth! Maybe the best thing to do would be...have the baby... then send it to the Pope, Bush and the religious right and others denouncing abortion to take care of. After 15-20 babies showed up on these peoples door steps, do you think they'd think differently about birth control? Makes no sense to me. Abortion should be totally legal and accessible to all women who 1) don't want a baby, 2) can't financially take care of a baby 3) have too many kids as it is or for whatever reason. Birth control should be cheap and available to any woman who wants it!

new topics

top topics

join