It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Islamic group threatens Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Chinese Islamic group threatens Olympics

A Chinese Islamic faction that has threatened to attack the Olympics released a new video, warning Muslims to stay away from the Beijing Games and avoid buses, trains, planes and buildings used by Chinese, a U.S. group that monitors militant organizations said Thursday...

"Choose your side," says the speaker, grasping a rifle and dressed in a black turban and camouflage with his face masked. "Do not stay on the same bus, on the same train, on the same plane, in the same buildings, or any place the Chinese are," he warns Muslims,
(visit the link for the full news article)
edition.cnn.com

[edit on 8/7/2008 by pstrron]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, it seems that the Muslims are not happy in China and have resorted to their normal means of showing displeasure with a government or people group.

So far there have been several bombings and I am not sure if all has been reported. On the mainland there are more and more reports of this group causing lots of trouble. This in turn has caused an increase in police and military activity. They have already started searching the apartment complexes looking for anything they can haul a person away for.

It looks like the Olympics are becoming a battle ground of issues wether we like it or not.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe the possibility of this could be an excuse for WWIII somehow? What do you think?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Maybe if the Chinese get upset enough with the Muslims they might attack them. Now don't you know if they did Bushco would jump Iran. Game on!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Live in fear or live in comfort.

Your call

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I personally don't worry about it. There is no need to fear, just live your life normally. Though Beijing is going bonkers and cracking down on anyone that they perceive as a threat even if they are not. Though this group has proven to be a big threat.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Maybe this group is going to help the world elite do a false flag event so that China will be forced to fight in the war on terror along side the US.

Maybe John Titor was right all along and these olympic games will not even get off the ground.

I can just see it now "Alqaeda in China"

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
These guys make threats to everyone. I can't count the times they've threatened my country... and they have yet to carry a single attack out.

Just go about your lives, do what you normally do.

If you want to do something about it, make your voice be heard, tell your representatives to get their troops out of the countries they are attacking. They're angry because of foreign invasion and manipulation. Quit that, and they won't have anything to be angry at.

As for any links between issues with these guys, and an upcoming battle with Iran... remember people, Iran is Persian, Islamics are a small minority in Iran.

So basically, if they tell you the link is based on radical Islam, cry BS immediately.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
there was never a war on terror... it was always a war of terror (by the american governementon its people and around the world)... and i don't think America wants china in the middle east... they want all the oil for themselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Do you think they would cancel the Olympics if these terrorists followed through with their expressed intent?

I mean I have seen nothing but bad news this olympic cycle. Earthquake, Disease, bad air, and terrorism... I still got 100 bucks on these games being canceled Mostly just because Titor spoke on it.

I have been wondering what the catalyst would be... I think I this maybe be it.

I'll watch wait and see.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaVillen
Maybe this group is going to help the world elite do a false flag event so that China will be forced to fight in the war on terror along side the US.

Maybe John Titor was right all along and these olympic games will not even get off the ground.

I can just see it now "Alqaeda in China"

Hasnt it started? Isnt it already 8/8 in China? Time xone please. Okay I will google.

As of a few seconds ago it is Friday, August 8, 2008 at 2:01:42 PM in Beijing. The opening ceremonies have started?

Comcast just informed me, via website, that openimg ceremonies:

Primetime Coverage of the Opening Ceremony from Beijing's National Stadium, where athletes from over 200 nations will converge to ignite the Games of the XXIX Olympiad.

It is midnight here, 2 pm in China. That means that 18 hours from now the coverage begins. But that would make it 8/9/08 at 10am, Saturday (8/9) for them. What gives? It all begins on 8/8/08 for us but not them?
[edit on 8-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

[edit on 8-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

If i'm not mistaken i read that the ceremony will start at 8:08pm china time. We'll have to wait a few more hours to find out.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

YOur not mistaken... Yahoo has a countdown bar on their website

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The games have already started so they were not canceled per prediction. However there has been an attack on some American tourists with one being killed in Beijing. Not related to the Islamic group though. Just have to wait as see if the Islamic group makes good on their threat. Hope not as it will only cause more trouble.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
The games have already started so they were not canceled per prediction. However there has been an attack on some American tourists with one being killed in Beijing. Not related to the Islamic group though. Just have to wait as see if the Islamic group makes good on their threat. Hope not as it will only cause more trouble.

Heard this too. Apparently the guy stabbed a US tourist and a tour guide, killing one then commiting suicide.

top topics

join