It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. segregates violent Iraqi prisoners in crates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

U.S. segregates violent Iraqi prisoners in crates

The U.S. military is segregating violent Iraqi prisoners in wooden crates that in some cases are not much bigger than the prisoners.

The military released photos of what it calls "segregation boxes" used in Iraq. Three grainy black-and-white photos show the rudimentary structures of wood and mesh. Some of the boxes are as small as 3 feet by 3 feet by 6 feet tall, according to military officials. There was no image released of a box that size.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edition.cnn.com

[edit on 8/7/2008 by pstrron]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here we go again, this is sure to make the US look good...NOT. With all the evidence that the US does and is using methods of torture on prisoners, I am sure this is just a small sample of the "segregation boxes" that they use. Of course we wont see the others that are, shall we say smaller in size.

Should we allow such behavior by our military upon prisoners?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This doesnt help fight the war on terror. What you are doing is emboldening the enemy. This puts our troops in harm's way.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

This'll calm them.

Then we can save trees and make smaller wooden boxes. Or no boxes at all, just fire up the bulldozers.

Problem solved, as it saves huge amounts on terror trials too.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I got put in "the box" in SERE school. Big deal. It's not as bad as it sounds.

When you're in the box, you don't have to worry about the guards getting their hands on you.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

This doesnt help fight the war on terror. What you are doing is emboldening the enemy. This puts our troops in harm's way.

I sure hope you are referring to the US doing this and not suggesting that posting this it is in some way "emboldening the enemy". If your referencing the US, I totally agree. It is like shooting yourself in the foot, sure doesn't help.

Now if it was our soldiers being held like this there would be an outcry from the US people. Since is an Iraqi prisoner its OK. What's with the double standard?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I sure hope you are referring to the US doing this and not suggesting that posting this it is in some way "emboldening the enemy". If your referencing the US, I totally agree. It is like shooting yourself in the foot, sure doesn't help.

Now if it was our soldiers being held like this there would be an outcry from the US people. Since is an Iraqi prisoner its OK. What's with the double standard?

So, by that logic, we should be putting a bullet in their heads, hanging their bodies up on a bridge, setting them on fire, then tearing their bodies to pieces. Or beheading them on YouTube, then dropping their bodies in middle of the desert. Right?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I guess our sadistic leaders didn't learned a darn thing after Abu-Ghraib. I guess our nations has fallen in the hands of morons after all.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

That flippant attitude about human life will someday bite you. Yes, I am saying that the same people you want to give the ultimate power to murder freely, will some day come for you.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I was joking and creating Sean Hannity bumper-stickers. You are emboldening the enemy...no, only patriots question everything.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think the boxes should at least be big enough for them to sit down in and be able to stretch their legs out, and I'm not sure how good of an idea a wooden box in the desert is, but I don't see a problem with isolating the violent prisoners. We do the same to our own people when they are violent in jail. They are segregated from the rest of the population.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

So, by that logic, we should be putting a bullet in their heads, hanging their bodies up on a bridge, setting them on fire, then tearing their bodies to pieces. Or beheading them on YouTube, then dropping their bodies in middle of the desert. Right?

So by your logic, it is OK to lower our standards and do the same thing...monkey see monkey do. You never lower your standards just because the other side resorts to barbarous acts.

There is nothing wrong with isolating violent prisoners from the others but a wooden crate is a questionable way to do it. I am sure there are other ways to segregate them.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

This'll calm them.

Then we can save trees and make smaller wooden boxes. Or no boxes at all, just fire up the bulldozers.

Problem solved, as it saves huge amounts on terror trials too.

Jenna, thats not me being flippant. Thats me being deadly serious. Terrorists caught in the act should get the hemp fandango.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Good, put them in a box. Being violent is a problem. I hope you guys are guys worried about how the US comes out looking in this. Because you couldn't imagine what these guys do to end up in this position.

Just think about it like this. If somebody puts you into a box, not much bigger than yourself, then you must have done something wrong in the past. They were being violent. What would you do with them? Who were they being violent towards? Heck, it could have been a Sunni sitting next to a Shiite. What would you do with them then. If you put two Iraqis in the same holding area and one started beating the heck out of the other one. I guess some people just wouldn't understand these problems.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Granted, separating the violent ones from the others is necessary as I posted earlier "There is nothing wrong with isolating violent prisoners from the others but a wooden crate is a questionable way to do it. I am sure there are other ways to segregate them.".

My concern is not the segregation but the method and how the US will be looked upon by this method.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I believe that the moron sadistic whatever is in charge of this prisoners are using psychological manipulation to intimidate the "violent" prisoners.

Wooden crates will be seen as animal cages, so they are treated like animals.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hrmm, i would of titled this thread, " How to Make the Terrorist and Extremists Hate America"

By, Common Sense

Come on, like the govt dosent know its this type of stuff that makes the extremists out there hate us...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Why exactly would anyone be upset about violent Iraqi prisoners being contained? As far as we know these individuals could kill other prisoners or perhaps already have. There goes CNN again...showing one side of the story and trying to make our military appear like barbarians.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You know, you think a country that knows ALLLL to well how to take care of prisoners, could handle some violent iraqis....,I mean, this country deals with more inmates than the entire world, and i dont see all the violent inmates in american prisons sitting in wood and chicken wire boxes...Theres a difference between imprisonment, and torture/dehumanization...

[edit on 8-8-2008 by SilentBob86]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have to laugh at the ignorant way that our government plays psychiatrist in foreign countries, perhaps this the way to experiment before bringing the same tactics to be use on American citizens.

Rather than relying on mental medical care for some of this prisoners that probably are the worst cases of mental problems in a nation that lack all kind of health care that is not linked to open wounds and missing limbs, the best way to treat this cases is putting them in wooden crates.

This is just pitiful.

But then again with a nation that most of their professional force are now in exile I can only imagine that the population still surviving in Iraq are those that are to poor or without any means to to escape the hell that has become the nation.

No wonder they end up in violent rage.

And lets no forget the government officials that are well kept and protected in their personal green zones.

This is actually a shame.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join