It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K 2nd largest Bank RBS Expected To Unveil Record Loss - its all about the oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

RBS Expected To Unveil Record Loss

news.sky.com

Britain's second-biggest bank is expected to unveil the largest loss in UK banking history today after taking a credit crunch hit of £6bn.

The Royal Bank of Scotland is expected to report a loss of more than £1bn for the first six months of this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[EDIT: Title change . original showed R.B.S, explanation added of what R.B.S is ]

[edit on 7/8/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The Biggest ever in U.K history?

Should tell us all something .

The thing that caught my eye here is the little list at the bottom of the news article .. allow me to quote

Credit Crunch Losers And Winners

BA: Profits Fall 88%

Alliance & Leicester: Profits Fall 99%

HBOS: Profits fall 72%

House Prices: Biggest annual fall 11% this year, double digit losses on all properties

WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS!!

Centrica: Profits of £1bn - (just announced 35% gas price rise in U.K)

Shell: Profits of £7.92bn

Ok so let me get this right , whilst every major bank in the U.K takes a nose dive, holding hard working peoples money.

These Banks who may or may not have to be bailed out buy the government using tax payers money .. saving your own money by .. using more of your money? .. sounds strange to me.

While the U.K population quakes in fear as their house values plummet , the cost of petrol/gas is ridiculous, food prices soaring, lets be honest the prices for EVERYTHING is soaring.

Centrica make 1bn profit, and shell 7.2 bn in the first half of this year whilst the rest of the world dies on its arse..

OIL OIL OIL, MONEY MONEY MONEY

U.K government thinking of taking over mortgages , hmm the state saying wether u can have a house or not , soon they will be in control of everything, run by the fat cats of the NWO/Bilderburg group

Its here in Black and white , Everyone but these groups is spiraling into the abyss.

How do we stand by when people lose their homes, children starve and we just browse over such figures in the local papers?

We are not gonna make it .. are we?

news.sky.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Oil profits are a by-product of inflation..

If you go back since 2002 you will see banks bringing in record profits from interest payments to home mortgages as housing prices encouraged hyper inflation in that specific market, of course, not counted in Official Inflation.

Neither is oil..

But think about this..

Oil companies profit billions of spendable money for research, dividends, development and INVESTMENT, because all good corporations invest profits..

If I where the CEO of Exon, Shell, BP, Mobile etc, etc, I would be buying shares in major banks by the millions. Dirt cheap, and you know they will be rescued by the Gov with tax payers money..

In the end, oil companies very well could own a major part of the financial sector.. Oil producing countries invest heavily in American stocks.. just look at the House of Saud, Jordan, Kuwait, UAE, even Iran..

join