It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama can't run a website

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Barack Obama's official campaign website includes charming forum postings from the candidate's fans along these lines:

-- Jews should be "burned" and "thrown in the oven."
-- Israel murdered 6 million Arabs.
-- Israel is leading a "Holocaust" against Palestinians.
-- Jews control American politics.

If you're looking to spew anti-Semitic hate, it would seem Obama's official campaign website is your one-stop shop.

While the campaign refuses to discuss these postings found in a casual perusal of the site by WND, it is worth noting that the policy of the website is to remove offensive content once it is brought to the attention of the site's administrators.

This policy raises several questions for me as an Internet entrepreneur and journalist:

I'm not running for president, just running a large news website, but I wouldn't think of publishing the rantings of the public in an un-moderated forum. If I did, I would expect content like the above to find its way onto the site – if not from WND readers, certainly from those who hate WND.

If I were running for president, I can assure you I would have standards at least as high as I do for WND content – meaning it is reckless and irresponsible to an extreme to permit such racist, hate-filled content to be published.

If the Obama campaign is not getting complaints about this content from its supporters, what does that suggest about the character of its fans?
If Obama can't run a website, how can we expect him to serve as commander in chief?

Keep in mind, Barack Obama has never had a real job in his life. By "real job" I mean one out of government – in the private sector where performance actually counts. By "real job" I mean something more productive than "community organizer." By "real job" I mean one that requires a basic understanding of the marketplace. By "real job" I am thinking of something that requires making payroll, hiring and firing, evaluating talent, setting company policy.

Obama hasn't done anything like that in his young life.

Yes, he briefly taught constitutional law, but his public life shows he has no comprehension of the meaning of the Constitution.

There are thousands of racist and hate-filled postings like the sample above. Obama and his administrators must certainly know about it but let it continue though his "policy" is to ban offensive content.

Source

[edit on 7-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Now, where is your opinion on this?

Also, Obama doesn't run his website either. That's like saying Bill Gates actively runs the Microsoft web site.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i would be more concerned about whitney houston and michelle obama

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, put it this way. When Obama flip-flops, the content about the previous stance is removed and replaced with his current stance. This has been sited several times.

If he can make these changes, certainly he can filter these highly offensive postings as he claims the site is moderated.

Gates run the MS website? I don't see any hate-filled content on Microsoft's site, do you??

Besides, that is a very weak comparison to make. Bill Gates doesn't have "Microsoft.com" on his Jet. Of course, you see Obama's "BarackObama.com" literally everywhere.

Even on his altered Presidental Seal.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Do you have a link to Obama's website where this is found? Can you back up your claim?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

No, you are making the assumption that Obama actively sits down and runs his website. He probably hired some kid or a company to do this for him. I bet he didn't even hire the person, his campaign people did.

There is hate filled on ATS also, so what's your point?

What does having your website on a jet have to do with who runs the site. Yes, the comparison was substantial. Bill Gates doesn't even need Microsoft.com on his jet, because anyone can easily associate Bill Gates with Microsoft. Duh...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Huffington has the same problems from her regular users, also. Tells a lot about who you're dealing with.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnetSource

Your source for this information is World Net daily

Question: wouldn't it be more believable if Obama's actual website was shown to contain the material they proclaim?

Just asking...

All Caps fixed

[edit on 7/8/08 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm looking now. I don't even see a Community Blogs section like the screenshot that website has. There is a Blog, which is Obama's blog, but I don't see a community blog anywhere.

Still looking through the site though.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
From a blog page on Obama.com:

Content on blogs in My.BarackObama represents the opinions of community members and in no way should be interpreted as endorsed or approved by the campaign.

The Obama campaign says it will remove offending posts brought to the attention of site administrators.

And since I can't find that content on the blog, I assume they have removed it.

Next.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Actually, the "hate" posts were first written about on August 05 with this source below:

Source

Knowing the Obama campaign, they probably filtered it out in a day after learning about the articles.

They are aware of worldnetdaily.com and the Obama campaign has tried to prevent some info from being posted (according to WND staff).

Just to make sure it was filtered, you should become a site member as they see different content.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If that isn't a censored search on Obama's blogsite, I don't know what is.

Just to make sure the content has been filtered out, sign-up as a member.

I would, but don't want them getting my IP address(s).

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
They are aware of worldnetdaily.com and the Obama campaign has tried to prevent some info from being posted (according to WND staff).

As a non-American who is familiar with WND, I wouldn't put it past them to actually have typed those remarks in anonymously themselves and then cry wolf.

But that's just my non-American/non-partisan opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thanks, but that would be alot of posts.

I know WND's chief was neutral on both McCain and Obama so don't see that he would do that or risk his site's credibility which is ranked high for quality information.

He is leaning towards McCain though now after learning more about Obama (who wouldn't).

In any case, wouldn't be the first time the Obama campaign had an exit strategy for their 'Ghost' content.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This may be sort of off topic but i thought it was kinda interesting that on Obama's website i couldnt find anything about the 2nd Amendment. While John Mccain's website was quite different, it had a whole section on it.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Anyone who trusts the crap passed off as "news" on WND probably also takes the words of the screaming homeless schizophrenic on the street corner as gospel.

Just 'cause you can get advertisers to put ads on your site does not make you legit.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
k i'm tired of everyone jumping on obama for some pretty ignorant stuff. woman put nude photos on myspace as people put controversial comments on that sight. i bet they're removed from both sights. look at how obama has played his campaign in comparison to mccain. he's played it a lot more honest then mccain has. every mccain ad i see is another crazy shot at obama, so if you want a president that plays it that way go ahead and vote, because you are an ignorant person for not seeing through all the BS. as for flip-flopping, do you not change your mind when confronted with a better solution to a problem? now i may get flamed for this, but i really see mccain as a person who wears a mask in public, i'm pretty shure he is a rascist and a coldhearted person. so what he was a POW in vietnam, he still hates the "gooks" to this day, and i'd bet he'll be repulsed upon the sight of a "tar baby" growing up to take a place in the white house. I've seen attacks at obama from all sides, and i have noticed more profound problems in mccains morals. so why is everyone finding something wrong with this guy, huh? mccain is bush, thats what i basically have to say, what do you have to say, his name sounds muslim, he had a very opinionated pastor, his webpage had people (not related in any manner to him) write some controversial stuff? i don't even have anything else to say besides that you should look at the guy you want to vote for as well as his opponent.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Thanks, but that would be alot of posts.

Yeah? And? You've got a ton of posts on this site already spewing hate about Obama.

What makes you think WND wouldn't have time to do the same?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Jet, sometimes i wonder if you're not working overtime for the McCain camp!

But seriously, folks. It's not Obama's fault that there are some derogatory remarks on his website. If we're using that logic, then the creators of ATS must be hate filled cretins based on some of the content i've been reading lately! But we know that's not true.

Besides, at least Obama knows what a website is. John McCain has admitted that he knows next to nothing about computers! When I think of John McCain using a computer, I think about a monkey discovering a tool for the first time.

Sorry, we're gonna have to throw this non-story back for now. Thanks, bye!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
this website has the same type of material

should the three amigos' censor accordingly?

One way to make the world see a fool through your eyes is to let them keep talking.

I believe Obama believes in this. The issue of his birth certificate is proof of that.

Just because you dont agree with it - doesnt mean it shouldnt exist, OP :shk:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join