It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Georgia

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Please someone provide me a link for photos where you can see does 2000 civilians in Osetia that where killed by Georgia's troops. I spend a lot of time yesterday finding it, but have only seen refuges and military personel in Osetia.
There are lot of pictures about civilian casulties in Georgia,but it would be nice to see the both sides of the story!!!
Or maybe I simple dont know how to search!!
)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Cease-fire deal reached and documents signed. Russia withdrawing.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

It's been broken. Georgian forces have resumed shelling. Russia will not agree to a ceasefire until Georgia leaves South Ossetia.

Russia forces now occupy a police station in Western Georgian city after officers refused to disarm and the Russian President has suggested sending a OSCE mission to South Ossetia.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Mr. Saakashvili is trying to deceive his own people. Georgians don’t really know who started the war, due to the misinformation organized by their President and his surrounding.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Russia is requesting an emergency summit with NATO.

And, Russia has confirmed its forces are in a town in Georgia. I believe its a military station the Russians are now occupying.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Europe now adding to the aid being given by the Russians to the victims of the conflict . I see this as a bit of a problem for the USA . Kind of a humanitatian v agenda issue there .

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

See, this is why Russia will not criticise Europe. The European Union can end the NATO alliance - only reason why Russia is listening to the EU over this conflict and not America.

Things are going to get interesting.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
And US cannot really be seen as an honest broker over the issue now . Not with the mercenaries and the soldiers being given transport from Iraq. Heard also they were bringing in ammo from jordan by UTI Worldwide INC too.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

I'd be careful supporting Georgia.

You never know, Russia can (in theory) declare war on America now (it won't, but America has crossed the line)

[edit on 11-8-2008 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Maybe they'll bring forward trading their oil in Euro's / Ruble's from the dollar a little earlier than they planned .

Hopefully we'll have closer ties with Russia , they are good trading partners for us . Theres no sense is having them as enemies . That and the pipelines. It's just this pseudo fear thing that comes from the US .. ie this old cold war thing, I reckon we ought to ditch all that and leave US with their terrorist fears, and get on with business and trade with Russia.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
State Department said it may kick Russia out of the G8 and sending NATO peacekeepers to Georgia.

The United States said it would not consider military action.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I recommend www.russiatoday.ru as a good source of "alternative" coverage of the conflict. It's in English, by the way. There is a live video link.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is all very confusing. The earlier reports that Russian armor is attacking Gori proved false - as the city was just subjected to air attack and shelling. But what is this about Senaki? I am baffled as to how Russian troops can "occupy" a military base near Senaki in the middle of Georgia.

Honestly - and I do not want to say it as it contradicts my past theory - but Russian troops appear to have carried out limited ground infiltration into Georgia. Why Senaki - which is further from Tbilisi than Gori? I have no clue. It appears to have been a surprise infiltration, as there wasn't much or any for that matter fighting reported from Senaki - yet Georgia has an infantry brigade in or near the city.

There is however a key air strip in Senaki. Also Russian troops appear to have only APCs and not tanks - which suggests that they either won't be staying there, or that they will expect reinforcement from heavy armor soon. Not much action has been seen on Russia's border with Abkhazia - and more armored Russian troops have entered Abkhazia as they did in South Ossetia.

Many Russians as much confused by the military's actions as everyone here is. The Russian military continues to insure us that it has no plans to occupy any part of non-disputed territory of Georgia, and that the thrusts such as the one in Senaki are only meant to deal the last blows to Georgian military.

Anyway here are the LATEST RUSSIAN SOURCED NEWS:

The Russian military has announced the loss of two more Su-25 in the conflict zone in the last 24 hours. That places the down Russian aircraft total at 4.

lenta.ru...

According to Georgian officials Russian troops have thrust 40km from the Abkhaz border into Georgia, and have entered the city of Senaki on armored personel carriers. Russian military has confirmed that it is carrying out preemptive actions in the region. Reportedly this was done by Russia to prevent Georgian artillery fire against S. Ossetia and to prevent the Georgian forces from regrouping for another attack. Also in Senaki is located the 2nd infantry brigade of the Georgian army.

Also the Georgian military and civilians have fully evacuated the towns bordering S. Ossetia, including Zagdidi. The towns are still empty reports Interfax, and if Russian troops are advancing towards them they should not meet any resistance.

lenta.ru...

Israeli press according to Russian sources has announced that U.S. is sending MILITARY AID to Georgia (supposedly the Israeli newspaper Maariv). It is reported that the military equipment has been arriving since August 9 in Tbilisi. Israel itself has stopped shipments of military equipment to Georgia earlier this month before the fighting started.

My take on this: That is probably the main reason why Russia was bombing air strips near Tbilisi. Russia has to know that this is going on, but is not announcing what it knows.

lenta.ru...

A column of S. Ossetian refugees came under fire from Georgian troops still in S. Ossetia. This happened near the village of Kurta. Russian troops have counterattacked the attackign Georgian fighters and beat them back. No casualties reported.

lenta.ru...

Russian troops have thrust into the village of Hurcha, after local Georgian forces have refused to put down their weapons. The troops have only taken the police station, but not the rest of the town. Russian military has confirmed the actions, and stated that there were 1,500 Georgian soldiers in the town - which are the reason for Russia's actions. The Russian commander says there will be no further advance.

lenta.ru...

Russian officials state there Saakashvilli's cease fire announcements are false and have no real meaning. Russia still has not officially received a cease fire offer - supposed to be given to a Russian embassador or to Moscow. Georgian forces are still firing at tagrets in S. Ossetia.

lenta.ru...

Russian senior official has stated that Russia does not aim at toppling Saakashvilli - and will leave that up to the Georgian people. He said Russia did not state that Saakashvilli needs to be ousted before any cease fire can be reached.

lenta.ru...

Another Georgian Su-25 downed in S. Ossetia reports say.

lenta.ru...

Ukraine has pledged not to supply Georgia with weapons. But Ukraine did pledge humanitarian and "political" help to Georgia.

lenta.ru...

Russian military headquarters has announced that it never targeted the oil pipeline in Georgia.

lenta.ru...

Several Georgia's "foreign mercenaries" have been taken to Vladikavkaz in Russia where some are being treated in a hospital. Russian official now states the mercs were found to have foreign passports in their possetion. No official word on what countries they are from.

lenta.ru...

That is the main Russian news for the last several hours.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Dear friends! We are watching the Great Lie from Internet! The reality is that Saakashvili FIRST bombed Tskhinvali on the Day of the Olympian Games! Georgian soldiers SHOT Russian Peace-making armies, peaceful population FIRST and only AFTER this Russian troops came to prevent further destruction. Remember Kosovo, and the US position in that case! If you understand the reality, that means your have a free mind. P.S. Please, send this message to all your friends. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
People of the world. You deceive! World mass media conduct propagation of a false information. Russia DID NOT ATTACK Georgia! 07.08.2008 at 22:00 Georgia has attacked South Ossetia. At 3:30 08.08.2008 tanks of the Georgian armies have entered into city Tskhinvali. Artillery bombardment all the day long proceeded, fights with use of tanks and heavy combat material, both against ossetic armies, and against peace inhabitants were conducted. 2000 civil people already were lost. The Russian peacemakers have arrived to South Ossetia in the evening 08.08.2008 for settlement of the conflict and prompting of the world in republic and protection of the Russian citizens living on territory of South Ossetia. Georgia has attacked South Ossetia on eve of Olympiad, it is top of cruelty and cynicism. Proofs and video-materials look on : www.1tvrus.com/ , www.1tv.ru/owa/win/ort6_main.main , www.rian.ru/ , www.vesti.ru/news , news.ntv.ru/ , www.ren-tv.com/ , www.newsru.com/ .We shall tell is not present to WAR!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Member of EU Parliament Mr.Chiesa protested the use of the EU flag in various TV addresses by Mr. Saakashvili. Obviously, such use is not authorized.

I saw it first a few days ago and I was shocked. Mr.Saakashvili must be at least slightly nuts.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by swesais
Please someone provide me a link for photos where you can see does 2000 civilians in Osetia that where killed by Georgia's troops.

Watch the video link at www.russiatoday.ru for a while and you'll come across a slide show that shows that and more. Warning: strong graphic content.

PS. There is now an interview playing with a US citizen, whose wife was in the village of Djava (sp?) which was bombed by Georgians. He's saying Georgians are killing civilians.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yeah I noticed the flag too. I had to laugh the first time I saw it. What's next a NATO flag in the background? Him claiming that Georgia is a U.S. state?

And why are most of his televized and local addresses in Tbilisi in English? Few Georgians speak English.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
And why are most of his televized and local addresses in Tbilisi in English? Few Georgians speak English.

Not entirely true -- a saw a few broadcasts in Georgian.

What's circulated in English is obviously meant for Western audiences.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

That story of military supplies from jordan is what I heard a little about earlier . It seems to me to be deliberate, that they want Russia to know . There is evidence of their complicity coming out everyday . Especially using black mercenaries in an area when none of the armies have black people ..They definetely going to attract Russians attention .

U.S. aviamost arranged for delivery to Georgia from Jordan weapons intended for the American contingent in Iraq

According to the "Maariva", weapons moved Russian-made transport planes belonging to airlines UTI. Point of sending named Aqaba in Jordan, which has long used the U.S. as a transit point for supplies to Iraq

From your link

I can't see how they will be able to cover up US being the rogue party in all this without massive media manipulation ...

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join