It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Georgia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by emergencyresponseteam
NATO considering actions against Russia since Georgia is a tight member of the NATO and partner for Peacemembership.

where do you see that?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
It seems that a bloody war is ready to erupt in the Caucasus region again - this time thanks in no small part to the U.S.

There will be no war. There are forces at work larger than you and I and they will prevent it. We are entering new time - time without wars and sufferings.

There won't be any war.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I didn't notice it linked, but here is a link to a video interview on CNN:

CNN Video

President Saakashvili seems relatively calm, though upset. He ties in the Olympics and the US elections as a good time for Russia to attack while people aren't watching for news. If its true that they are purposely bombing civilians, then there is going to be some trouble brewing from this.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
this is all over sky and the bbc news its reporting up to 4 russian comat aircraft have been shot down by georgia forces
georgia, chezck rep and poland has all but agreed to house the US missile defence system, georgia is desperate to join the EU...could this makes us allies to georgia and could this spread like a glass of spilt milk

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente
All day today they've been bombing Georgia from numerous warplanes and specifically targeting (the) civilian population, and we have scores of wounded and dead among (the) civilian population all around the country," Mikhail Saakashvili told CNN in an exclusive interview.

Does anyone believe this? (the bold part)

The question is does anyone not believe it. After what Russia did in Chechnya wiping out 10's of 1000's of civilians. The Russian military is an extremely blunt tool. The question is how many civilians are the Russians going to murder. Russia has done everything to make this war happen, the blood of the innocents is on Putin and his cronies.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I for one believe it. He also went on to say:

"This is the worst nightmare one can encounter," he said.

edition.cnn.com...

And it does sound as though the Olympics were used to divert attention. Anyway it was the perfect day for a lot of things to happen, 08/08/08.

I honestly do believe, in the grand scheme of things, that it is no accident that today a superpower invaded a country with the same name as an American state. When Americans hear, "War in Georgia" they will inevitably first think of that state in the south.

Also, in relation to what I just said (but not to this thread) it is no accident that a man named Barack Hussein Obama could possibly lead America. One of the main reasons the powers that be chose him was for his name. "Barack" has many meanings: housing, heckle, support. Hussein and Osama are America's main enemies. The only 2 letters seperating his name from Osama are BS - and the ruling elite are having a laugh that it all comes down to BS. Put it all together and you get something like "the house of my enemy" or "support evil."

I think what's going on right now in Georgia is the beginning of something larger, and it was planned a long time ago.

[edit on 8/8/08 by Evasius]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Georgia just wants to get the whole Europe engaged in this conflict which has deep political and ethnical roots. If european nations back Tbilisi we аll back the aggressor. Complications mау set in at оnсе. If Georgia enters NATO it will certainly demand real help; that being said we аll get involved in this mess and relations with Russia will suffer.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Funny thing is, I see alot of people calling Georgia the agressor forgetting that South Osetian rebels have been making attacks on Geirgians with Moscow's backing. This has been engineered by Putin and his cronies so they can go and f##k up another former Soviet state, like what they did in Chechnya.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Related possible flashpoint;

The Militarisation of the Eastern Mediterranean: Israel's Stake in the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline

Israel has become a potential partner in the Baku-Ceyhan oil pipeline, which is protected by GUAM, a US-NATO sponsored military alliance between Georgia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Moldava. What is envisaged is to link the BTC pipeline to the Trans-Israel Eilat-Ashkelon pipeline, also known as Israel's Tipline, through a system of underwater pipelines, from Ceyhan to the Israeli port of Askshelon.

While the BTC pipeline is invariably described as a means of bypassing Russia and channelling Central Asian oil and gas to Western markets, part of this oil and gas is intended for re-export to the Asian market through the Red Sea port of Eilat. By linking the BTC to Israel's pipeline system, Israel is slated to become a major player in the global energy market, in alliance with the Anglo-American oil giants.

Diverting Central Asian oil and gas to the Eastern Mediterranean (under Israeli military protection), for rexport to Asia, serves to undermine the inter-Asian energy market, which is based on the development of direct pipeline corridors linking Central Asia and Russia to South Asia, China and the Far East.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Recent news (July of this year);

Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline passes 400 million barrel milestone
The Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) oil pipeline has transferred 418 million barrels of crude oil since it started operations in 2006, BTC Oil Pipeline Company Turkey General Manager Can Suphi has said.

www.todayszaman.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I think it's safe to say you are WRONG about that...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente

Originally posted by drock905
georgian president was just live on cnn asking for US intervention. Also reporting 2 russian jets just shot down.

US intervention? With this sentence ... I have a bad feeling about this. Hopefully this is not the beginning of something really big.

from CNN:

They mean diplomatic sanctions not military intervention.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
WAR .... on the opening days of the Olympics??

*sigh* ..

If Russia attacks Georgia out of false provocations they will have a # storm to deal with .. they invaded Georgia upon rumors of ethnic cleansing in SOssetia villages. Then again, if Georgia is in fact slaughtering innocent people, they deserve to be attacked..

American's can wage war and keep civilian casualties lower then any nation on Earth .. Russia does not have the technology. Or money. They are just bombing and firing rockets to cause War weariness

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

that is some really interesting stuff. didn't know that a pipeline went right through the middle of georgia.
we had 1000 marines in georgia recently to train their ground troops. also, georgia is the third largest coalition force in iraq with 3000 troops. i think the us MAY just have a strategic interest in this country, just MAYBE.
then why are we calling for an immediate cease fire then?

do we really want to go to war with russia????? i sure as hell hope not.

WOLVERINES!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Georgia 'under attack' as Russian tanks roll in

TBLISI, Georgia (CNN) -- Georgia's president said Friday that his country is under attack by Russian tanks and warplanes, and he accused Russia of targeting civilians as tensions over the breakaway Georgian region of South Ossetia appeared to boil over into full-blown conflict.

edition.cnn.com...

This is getting worse and worse... still developing. Georgia shot down Russian planes.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

Appears that there are other countries involved in Georgia besides the US...

"Georgian tanks and infantry, aided by Israeli military advisers, captured the capital of breakaway South Ossetia, Tskhinvali, early Friday, Aug. 8, bringing the Georgian-Russian conflict over the province to a military climax."

www.debka.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rockieboy

Take a look at this old post from 2006:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Israel wants to transport oil from the BTC pipeline to Middle Eastern countries via Israel.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
They should tell Russia to back down. Russia is using a very heavy hand witch is uncalled for.

If the U.S. Marine get hit Russia will be in deep deep crap. Bush and Israel could decide to take Iran now in response to this.

I hope Russia backs off and lets the situation cool down because if they keep this up NATO will be under allot of pressure to at least knock down the Russian bombers.

Russia is making a statement and Obama and McCain has just said that Russia should get out of Georgia now so you know that is President Bushs stance because they are not going to undermine a sitting President.

This could get out of hand if Russia did move in last night and not today.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rockieboy

oh, wow. i think that it is bitterly obvious whose side we are on in this one as the good christian nation of America will never cross Israel's decision making. i've been reading this on several different news sources and it is still unclear who provoked the fight.
of course each side is claiming that the other side provoked it.
now i also know that this rebellion, gorilla war, has been going on for several decades but they say this is the worst clash since that thing in 92'.

any ideas on what the US will do about this??? do you think we will keep our distance for once?? i hope so.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but in 2001, Red Storm Entertianment released the now-famous Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. That game depicted Russia invading South Ossetia in 2008.

I'm no fan of Tom Clancy, in fact I have a very low opinion of him. But he was clearly onto something seven years ago.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Has anyone considered that this could also be a "reply" to Kosovo? Besides the "reason" the West supported the pertitioning of Kosovo from Serbia was the ethnic cleansing the Serbs were accused of doing.
Now Georgia is accussed of doing the same thing but the West has a different stance. Isn't this kind of hypocritical?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join