It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if elected, will obama survive his presidency?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am immensely pleased Obama is president, but il admit, i too have this niggling feeling that someone, somewhere will attempt to take his life.

The similarities, on many factors with Obama and JFK, are strikingly similar.

They say JFK was the last true American president, i feel Obama might be a resurrection of that, unless this is all part of the new world order plan, and he is just packaged and portrayed that way to fool the masses.

The majority of the people like/love him, hes a family man, this may sound strange but even Obama's wife reminds me of Jackie Kennedy, and no doubt Obama will probably rustle a few feathers of the people at the top, in important positions, just like JFK did.

Also racism is far from dead unfortunately, and for anyone who has that much hate running through their veins, Obama is a prime target.

I really really hope nothing happens, just expressing my thoughts and concerns.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I sincerely hope that the powers that be are not setting up Obama to be the sacrificial lamb and the final nail in America's coffin.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think this article is worth posting, just to give you an idea of not only how we feel about this, but how the security experts feel about this as a whole.

Beating The Fear Of Assassination

Former royal protection officer Steve Park said Mr Obama and his family would face ever-increasing security levels now he is the President-elect.

He told Sky News Online: "There was a virtual wall of glass around him that would have stopped armour-piercing bullets, but I thought they were clever.

"On television it was hard to see, and I would have expected there to be a lot more security bodies out there.

"But there would have been several hundred in the wings, and a ring of steel around the park, and maybe a thousand more on standby.

"It was cleverly done, but there's no way he'll be able to have that kind of meeting that close to the public again, because people can plan for it.

"I don't think his family understand the kind of security they will now face. He will have some say in it, but not a lot.

"There will be pressure groups that don't get what they want that will see him as a target.

"There's something of the Kennedy factor about him... the idea that he is this jewel in the crown, and the security around him will have to be at the top of their game.

And this part was when he wasnt even president yet.

"When he came to the UK last they were doing things like having three helicopters flying between Windsor and Heathrow, any of which he might have been on, and then having him go by road."

Source.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The idea is not rediculous, but at the same time consider the hatred for our 2 term Bush presidency. I would imagine that if killing our president is just a trigger's pull away.. Bush would have been shot dead years ago?

Point being. Some people really don't like Obama, but I think we can agree that the same amount of people or even more actually hate Bush and his policies. The only arguement there is the extreme neo-nazi or white supremecist group which will generally be more inflamed about a black president than anyone would be about a poorly ran administration. On that note.. www.dailysquib.co.uk...

The KKK has most definitely endorsed Obama and provided funding. Neo-Nazis too?

I think he'll be just fine. God Bless America!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

Here is a webblog article about the question: "Will President Obama Survive His First Term?" with a picture of Obam in the Cross-hairs!

www.dialoginternational.com...

And there is even a Bumper Sticker already that assumes that Obama will not be the President when Biden runs for re-election 2012!!!

www.zazzle.com...*

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I believe he will survive his presidency. But I will admit if I heard an assasination attempt was made of a president it would'nt surprise me. There are many people today who will do anything. Some just to get on CNN. And they think they can get by doing it. Things have changed a LOT since the 60's. I just turned 54 and Ive seen many changes. I do not believe Obama's plan for this nation will work. You do not have to have a PhD to see this. The extreme spending is not the answer. Getting in more debt is never the answer. The banks and the government got us here in the first place. The first cuts should be in D.C. Let them take the salary cuts, and all the private plane rides like Palozzi (sp) has done. I believe we are in for a very rough ride in the months to come. The comment made about the Rodney King incident years back is true........ This country would be a mess. You'd have to stay behind locked doors. I believe America is a kettle about to boil. Its going to be interesting to say the least.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join