It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry King show stuck Dr Seth Shostaks Nerve.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Okay, for anyone who recently watched the larry king show, featuring Bill Nye and Dr Seth mentioned here, I invite you to read this article I found over at Space.com.

Seems they rubbed him up the wrong way hehe.

Reader warning: I'm taking off the kid gloves. If I seem angry here — a state of emotional discombobulation that seldom seems to be my wont — it's because people whom I barely know, or in some cases haven't even heard of, insist on propelling me over the precipice.

Ostensibly, the issue is extraterrestrial intelligence. Not whether it exists, but whether the aliens have come to Earth. This idea, often monikered as "the UFO hypothesis," is a belief that's neither fringe nor uncommon. A 2002 Roper poll found that nearly half of all Americans believe that alien craft have visited Earth, and an even larger percentage feel in their heart of hearts that the government is playing dumb about these cosmic callers.

Rest of the article is linked below (It's actually a lot longer that you would think)

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
He's mad because he's wrong and he and Bill Nye know hardly any Ufology so they can't compete on that show. Too bad for them...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't even think they would give the idea the time of day. Even incidents such as Rendlesham Forest, a rock solid case, and a compelling one won't turn their heads; to proud i reckon. Dr. Seth would much rather point his Radio Telescope up there and try to tune into ET FM 101.5.

Good Luck Seth.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's people like Sleestak that tick me off... there's a lot of them here at ATS. Completely dismissive about any thing that doesn't fit into their little "box of preconceived notions about reality".

Now that said, I'm not sure aliens are here on the planet or sky... although I have had some strange experiences and seen strange things in the sky.

I don't dismiss it out of hand; unless it happens to be alien information from channelers and other new age BS......

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well for the record, I emailed Dr. Shostak after the Larry King Show and he was really nice and forthcoming with his replies and he even made a few good points that forced me to re-evaluate some of my own insight on UFO's.

I think what he writes in that article is true and people need to lay off his case a bit. He's not one of those annoying skeptics like McGaha who has a condescending rebuttal for EVERYTHING no matter the circumstance.

His contention is just there's not enough evidence at this point to convince him and that's fair enough. But at least he's willing to listen to different arguments, which is more than you can say about a lot of the loudmouth hardcore believers out there.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
It's people like Sleestak that tick me off... there's a lot of them here at ATS. Completely dismissive about any thing that doesn't fit into their little "box of preconceived notions about reality".

I'm willing to listen, and — believe it or not — you could convince me with decent evidence. After all, I happen to think that extraterrestrial intelligence is a frequent occurrence in a universe of ten thousand million million million stars.

new topics

top topics

join