It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hessdalen Phenomena (HP) video ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hi,

Thank you very much Ziggy,

Can anyone tell me if it was filmed during daytime or not or using 0-lux system ?

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

You are very welcome, Europa. Thanks for starting this interesting thread!

I also want to add this footage from 2001, where we can see some truly amazing lights over Hessdalen.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I split the video into frames, sometimes 2 in 1 second when it was necessary for us to observe the changes :

It endend a + 27 sec.

The only man made objects I could think of are flares, a pyrotechnic origine, car(s) headlights being reflected on clouds if it is indeed filmed in the sky.

Otherwise, could light pillars look and "behave" like this ?

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
According to the norwegian wikipedia the lights are a combustion process that includes oxygen and nitrogen, and some natrium.

Even though they are not sure how the lights ingnite, they think they are similar to combustion processes in space. The scientists are not sure what fuels the lights.

Norwegian wikipedia about hessdalen lights

There are also theories that dust from the ground that includes scandium is a part of the strange lights of hessdalen.

Hessdalen lights wiki

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by muriaz

Hi there,

Pr Bjorn Hauge said this :

The Hessdalen phenomena is composed of ionized gas, not a solid.
- The dominant chemical elements is O and N, suggesting that this is “burning” air.
- Other elements like SI, sand, and some metals FE, SC, TI suggest dust from the valley.
- The occurrence of SC, Scandium, a rare Norwegian metal, suggest why the
phenomenon is only located in Hessdalen, a valley known for its metal mines.
- Scandium, SC, reacts vigorously with acid and air, and may be the ignition mechanism.
- TI, titan, is the only element that burns in nitrogen and may explain the long living time.
- Titan is used in fireworks, and makes spectacular fires.

This hypothesis suggests that the Hessdalen phenomenon is made up of dust from the valley, which ignites due to the fact that Scandium reacts rapidly with acids and air (ref.9+10). The dustcloud burns, rises in the air, and hovers in the same position, or guided by the wind, until
the fuel, titan, iron and scandium is burnt out.
Scandium is a rare metal, and was first found in Norway, in the mineral “Thotveitit”. This hypothesis suggests that Hessdalen like phenomena is localized to areas where this mineral can be found, and is why the phenomena seems to be localized in certain areas and not others.

Source : OPTICAL SPECTRUM ANALYSIS OF THE HESSDALEN PHENOMENON
www.itacomm.net...

Problem is, this hypothesis is wrong because the light he used for his spectrum analysis is just the symmetrical reflection of the Hessdalen church light :

ufo-logic.xooit.com...

There are many bias in this study, on comes from the fact that Hauge never said if they saw the lights or not and there are no in-depht optical spectrum analysis of the Hessdalen city lights for comparison.

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hi Internos,

Could some video experts from ATS take a look at it ?

I just wrote to Nico from the CIPH, we'll probably hear from him soon about
this video footage.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck the wild.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europa733
Hi Internos,

Could some video experts from ATS take a look at it ?

I just wrote to Nico from the CIPH, we'll probably hear from him soon about
this video footage.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck the wild.

Hi Europa

Well about CIPH-SOSO i've already asked and posted the reply at page # 1, anyway ill post a rough translation again:

The footage in question is part of the data gathered last year in Norway during our mission, performed during ScienceCamp.
We are waiting for an article by Bjørn Gitle Hauge and we can't disclose anything about it until the article will be published: it's an extremely complex article because of the dynamics of the event.

So until the article by Bjørn Gitle Hauge will be published, no more data are available but the video.
To analyze just the videos in these cases would mean to do 1/100 of the work that is being made on this stuff: let's wait for the report

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hey Internos,

I saw your message off course.
Well Nico is reading us because I told him about this thread.

I still hope, we'll get more data before their document comes out...

Nico', ya hear me...

Peace,
Europa

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There are places in the world where the boundaries of "reality" become insubstantial, i don't believe in those explanations about gas lighting up in the atmosphere, if you have been in the right place at the right time to be able to witness something like that live, you would also laugh at the notion of "swamp gas"

i do not believe all of the lights are UFO's, but at least the one in the first video doesn't look like something natural to me.
Time will tell, and it will prove to us all that our beliefs are nothing to be certain of...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have translated an interesting article in the norwegian newspaper Aftenposten (aftenposten.no) about the Hessdalen light phenomena from September 27.

The article is very long, and large parts of it describes a school trip to the area. Therefore I have only translated the parts that I think is most interesting for members of ATS:

Hessdalen X-files

In a barn belonging to the local man Peder Skogaas, there is a chart on the wall with images of fussy lights, as though there was something wrong with the camera's lens. That was not the case. The pictures show the mysterious light phenomena which have made the rural village Hessdalen famous.
At the bottom of the images there are rainbow patterns, and if you look closely, you can se that they follow the light in strength. The rainbows show the latest line of investigation that the researches are following. They hope to reveal the secret of the phenomena and perhaps start an energy revolution.
The locals in Hessdalen are about to get the last laugh. They have had to endure much. People have claimed that they are suffering from hallusinations as a result of inbreeding and drinking.
Early in the 1980's there were many newspaper articles about the small village. Mysterious lights often appeared there, and people crusaded to Hessdalen to see the lights. Among the visitors were many UFO enthusiasts with American stories about close encounters with aliens and the movie "E.T." fresh in their memory. And the locals who spoke openly about their experiences, were put in the same "nut case" category as the visitors.
– Many people made fun of what the locals had seen, says Peder Skogaas. – And the ridicule made them reluctant to tell their stories. Skogaas moved away from the village as a young man, but later came back to be a farmer and contribute to the research of the phenomena.
Erling Strand from Høgskolen in Østfold (an university) has established a research station here, and together with Bjørn Gitle Hauge he spends several weeks every autumn in Hessdalen. He visited the district in the beginning of the 1980's, and he and some friends saw a very bright light sphere appear in the sky and move around both above and below the horizon before it suddenly vanished. The sight made Strand curious, and ever since that day he has tried to reveal the nature of the phenomena.
In the early days it was mostly engineers who got involved in the research, experts on electronic equipment, but not physics or geology. Some experts participated in periods of time, some donated money and equipment, but the larger scientific communities were absent. Strand tells that many researchers were reluctant to get involved in the project because they were worried about their careers.
Luckily, more serious researchers have shown interest in Hessdalen since then. The Italian institute for radio astronomy has it's own research station here, and the Italians and their advanced equipment has been an important contribution to bring the research forward.
Since the researchers began photographing the phenomena and analyzing it, they have discovered that it arises in a combustion process. But in order for such a process to begin, something has to ignite the "fuel". If it is burning gas, the lights should expand and rise upwards. They don't.
The researchers are still puzzled about many things. How is the light "turned on"? And why does it appear here in Hessdalen? Does it have something to do with the geology, which is rich in minerals and metals? The light phenomena also occurs in other places in the world, and in Mexico it disturbs airplane traffic and is seen near vulcanos. In Australia the lights are called Min-Min-lights, named after a hotel where they frequently have been observed.
In Hessdalen the light spheres sometimes fall to the ground. Many people have tried to find traces after them, but the spheres don't seem to melt snow or leave burn marks. Tests have shown that very few bacteria, only the most resistant, are to be found in the snow where the spheres have "landed". But only a few meters away there are plenty of bacterial life. If the lights can kill bacteria without melting the snow, it could mean that they have ultra violet radiation. But even if the images in time may reveal UV light in the phenomena, the question still remains: How does it all start?
During last year's research camp, something unusual happened. Something gave sudden and powerful readings on the Italian radar equipment. But it took half an hour before the lights appeared and were seen for 15 minutes. Still the radar continued to pick up signals for several hours.
The mineral "Thortveitit", which in the 1960ies were used to extract Scandium, is a rare and valuable metal which reacts strongly to acid and air. Hage is wondering if perhaps this stuff is the igniting mechanism to the Hessdalen phenomena. He thinks there may be some sort of powerful whirlwind energy which is invisible to us until it is ignited. If the researchers can figure out how the light phenomena can hold so much energy, it may be the beginning of a completely new battery technology.

FACTS:

– The light contains, among other things, Silisium and Scandium. Scandium is a rare and very hard metal which is used in small amounts in Russian fighter jets.
– Measurements show that the Hessdalen light phenomena has an effect up to a megawatt – one million watt.
– The phenomena moves as fast as up to 100.000 km per second.

www.aftenposten.no...

The article also has a link to a great video which shows the light phenomena, captured in December 1999:

www.aftenposten.no...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Scandium. S&F
interesting material.
First time I heard something about scandium
scandium wikipedia

I will buy some

more rare than silver and gold !!!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Looks like giving birth to orbs again.
But I saw a long illuminated dragon on one video.
Illuminated air as far as I would say.
Like in a gas filled light bulb.
Think outside the bulb I suppose and thats what the
crew is thinking.
Their propulsion system is out of resonance to be sure.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join