It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympics, terrorist Video.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am already guessing "false flag"

Article

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackMumba

This video came from Intelcenter.com. It is not a fake.
I've known the owner of that site as a friend for over 10 years, their site is as serious as it gets.
They are not a consumer site, they mainly deal with US intelligence agencies and MSM.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is the epidomy of every hollywood film with a villan...first they threaten, then tell you how they are going to kill you...enough to give even Austin Powers time to escape...too bad no one else has this sense.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I guess the only thing to do is wait and see what tomorrow brings and pray the day goes by without a hitch.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
These people do not fake, joke or play around. The terrorists are serious, and as the real world knows, dangerous. They will if allowed, do as they say.

Here is a resource that goes into some detail about the group/s responceable and their activities.

On Aug. 4, four days before the start of the Beijing Olympics, two ethnic Uighurs drove a stolen dump truck into a group of some 70 Chinese border police in the town of Kashi in Xinjiang, killing at least 16 of the officers. ... The incident occurred just days after a group calling itself the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) claimed responsibility for a series of recent attacks and security incidents in China and warned of further attacks targeting the Olympics.

China and the Enduring Uighurs

Other reports and resources can be found at this link:
The ATSer~ Global Terror Information Fusion Center

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What I am wondering is, if the threat will be carried out or is it just more fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You just never know.
Sometimes they will use a big event just to get some publicity, sometimes they have something specific in the works.
That's kind of the idea of terrorism, to keep people in a constant state of fear, either real or perceived.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

You just never know.
Sometimes they will use a big event just to get some publicity, sometimes they have something specific in the works.
That's kind of the idea of terrorism, to keep people in a constant state of fear, either real or perceived.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

That's some good points there. I didn't think of the publicity aspect.

Supposedly this is the basic translation of the video

In the video, Seyfullah said:

"Through this blessed jihad in Yunnan this time, the Turkestan Islamic Party warns China one more time."

"Our aim is to target the most critical points related to the Olympics. We will try to attack Chinese central cities severely using the tactics that have never been employed."

Also, in a five page statement supposedly released by Seyfullah on June 27, he said:
"After receiving the order, asking Allah's continual help in this matter, the military commander has made the order to all brothers and sisters in every corner of the world, to move to the action phase."

"These brothers and sisters have been waiting for the order and these brothers and sisters are volunteers who would commit suicide bombing when it is time for it."

"Bomb the Chinese government buildings, military barracks, airplanes, airports, railways, foreigner hotels, entertainment venues, tourist spots and similar places!"

"Set on fire! You are even permitted to use biological weapons this time."

[edit on 7-8-2008 by BlackMumba]

[edit on 7-8-2008 by BlackMumba]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Think of it from a logical perspective. If you have an enemy who is in fact united with every other country other than yours, where is the best place to base an attack? They would be unsuccessful in trying to send messages to the world by sending small attacks to every different country. So I propose that, (and I reeeaaaalllllyyyy hope I am wrong in my assumption), that if there is an attack, it will be a large scale event. There is no way that small events will take place in China, as they have the largest camera monitored culture...not to mention the stepped up security.

Read the Art of War...it can give a prospective, along with recent events, of what is "more probable" to happen.

And note, I am no expert in these things, and have never tried to predict what will happen. But I have been able to make educated guesses and it happen...one reason why I simply try not to follow anything about the war because it makes me sick at my stomach when I was right.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Every thing in terrorists videos has a reason, first thing that caught my attention was the date "29 7 1429".

This link shows the "Hijri calendar is according to Makkah", notice what time of year it is.

At first I thought the date was in reference tothe Barbary Wars, but it predates that by a few hundred years. Also it is a different group, which comes in later in the mid 1500s. So looking in to different sect.

Going to look at different angles, see if any other actions possably show a trail.

Another link which mentions same threat:
"The Turkistan Islamic Party warns China one more time"

[edit on 7-8-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I think these olympics have a decent chance of being safe.
China doesn't bother with things like civil liberties.
They'll detain on the spot anyone who even looks suspicious to them and ask questions later.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The strange thing is, when I watch the video, my initial thoughts that this really is an organised terrorist plotting to cause death and destruction in the name of Allah

If this was followed through it wouldn't take me long to assume it was a False Flag attack. I find it amazing that in time, as the dust settles, our perception changes. We'll believe what we want when we want.

911 has had so much attention, we in the UK hardly ever discuss the 7/7 bombings. OK, the scale of 7/7 is somewhat unevenly balanced against the 9/11 incident but have us Brits made our judgements and moved on and try to keep our ears to the ground.
Having looked at lots of evidence I firmly believe that both incidents were inside jobs and this could be another...

[edit on 7-8-2008 by RiseToAddiction]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ABC news picked thisup too, Terror Threats to Olympic Games.

Special note:

Do not confuse the unknown Turkestan Islamic Party with the East Turkestan Islamic Movement
China: Unheard of ‘Turkestan Islamic Party' claims recent bombings

From a Washington based Reuters source:
News Room

CNN: China intensifies security following threat

Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan

Other sourcs exist, but I'm going to look into a different direction, just figured some fast info may help.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The date catches my eye for some reason, maybe 'm getting tunnel vision on it, but some thing else I found about moon, which is their symbol.

Moonsighting for Rabi-al-Thani 1429

The Islamic calendar

Is there a full translation available from the video?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Is there a full translation available from the video?

Would you like me to contact the site owner at intelcenter to find out?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
LOL it's funny how he has to carry a gun, haha, to make it more real I guess.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here's another one. ????

[edit on 7-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Translation from www.intelcenter.com...:

China
Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) Commander Seyfullah in video dated 23 Jul. 2008:

"Through this blessed jihad in Yunnan this time, the Turkistan Islamic Party warns China one more time. Our aim is to target the most critical points related to the Olympics. We will try to attack Chinese central cities severely using the tactics that have never been employed. We warn China and the international community for the last time that those spectators, athletes, particularly the Muslims, who are planning to attend the Olympics, please change your intention from going to China. Please do not stand together with the faithless people. The Turkistan Islamic Party volunteers will conduct violent military actions against individuals, departments, venues, and activities that are related to the Olympics in China."

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Could someone please explain WHY they would want to attack the olympics?

Is there really a reason, or is it more crazy crap.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

The translation could also be this one as I cannot accurately date the video:

China
Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) Commander Seyfullah in threat dated 1 Apr. 2008: "Our damullah, Abdul Heq, made his final order to the [person] responsible for the military regarding the issue of severely attacking all central cities in inner China, particularly focusing on eight cities that are going to hold Olympic games. ... ask our merciful Allah to allow these brothers and sisters [suicide bombers] to deal a fatal blow in this jihad against Chinese & we ask our merciful Allah to completely stop Olympic Games. ... Bomb Chinese government buildings, military barracks, airplanes, airports, railways, hotels, entertainment venues, tourist spots and similar places...You're even permitted to use biological weapons this time."

source: www.intelcenter.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join