It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Rock Music Leading America Into Lucifer's Kingdom?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If I remember The Osbournes show and a few metal documentaries I have seen, most of the members of Black Sabbath claim to be Christian. I am pretty sure Sharon Osbourne claims that they go to church every sunday.

Anyways, MandM, there is this thing called acting. Most of these metal bands are basically acting and are about as satanic as a cockatiel.

However I do wonder about the scandanavian bands. Now those guys eat crazy flakes for brekkie every morning.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What an absolute crock. You are surrounded by sin far greater than music. Look at the people around you. If you go to hell over rock music then you are truly weak minded.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
As an Atheist and a fan of Rock music (also most forms of Metal, including Death), I feel the lyrics contained are in most cases as they are, merely to fit the image of their dark controversial style, for example: If Slipknot and Marilyn Manson tomorrow decided to go Christian Rock, then bring in a church choir, and spent time in half their songs reciting biblical versus and laying praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I'm not too their fan base would be too receptive of their change in heart.

Besides I don't think any sane individual would consider letting the lyrics in a music they happened to enjoy, affect their own profound religious and ethical beliefs, whatever they may be.

But anyway, I had to keep this short as I've got a church burning and proceeding satanic goat sacrifice to attend.

Cheers.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by MosanoYun]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Please allow me to introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste. Ive been around for a long, long year. Stole many a mans soul and faith And I was round when jesus christ Had his moment of doubt and pain Made damn sure that pilate Washed his hands and sealed his fate. Pleased to meet you Hope you guess my name, but whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game.

Sorry, Rock music is just music, it's there to enertain and groove to. Nothing Satanic about it, even when they play a song about the devil.

Although, I do wonder if Mic Jager and Keith Richards sold their soul to the devil to be able to live THIS long!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

No more creative ass kickin guitar lead solos, blah.

You need to listen to some Metal \m/

Got some crazy talented bands out there, with rediculous guitarests and mad long ass solos!

John Petrucci of the band Dream Theater is pretty sick, also Michael Romeo from Symphony X if you like their style. Also there's also alot of that in the Melodic Death Metal genre, particularly from the Scandinavians, see Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility and In Flames. More HERE.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by MosanoYun]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It seems a lot of music may be evil,
But take a look at GW Williams, he's faster than Michael Batio on guitar, and he's much smarter a guitar player than Mr Batio is.
One more thing GW Williams is a Church going man.
Now that says a lot to me.
Rock Blues Guitarist GW Williams

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
That's the thing, I get so tired of people blaming every single thing but themselves for their actions.

Grand Theft Auto made me kill that kid!

Rock music made me rage and shoot someone!

Video Games destroyed my grades!

and a personal favorite...

My child is acting out because (insert anything except the possibility that the parent didn't pay enough attntion)

I am not saying rare cases don't exist but think of it this way. If I am sitting around and listen to Primus or Metallica and I get the sudden urge to go hurt someone, wouldn't you think there was something pre-existing going on?

I am not a Christian but I LOVE the line from the ole 80's flick Footloose when Reverend Shaw stops the townsfolk from burning books.

I may not get the line exactly right but he says...

"Satan isn't in these books, he's in here" (pointing to his heart)

If people really think metal and video games are what is making people evil then they are truely lost.

I watched Junkyard Wars and I didn't have the sudden urge to build a rocket car...in reality (no joke either) I wante to build one before.

A silly analogy perhaps but that's how foolish I think blaming metal for bad actions is. That propencity towards evil existed somewhere in you before the 'catalyst' such as metal 'brought it out'

People have GOT to start taking responsibility for their actions and words

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes, rock music is leading us into the Kingdom of Lucifer.
That should be self evident as it glorifies self gratification.
I do not listen to that crap if it has any negative aspect to it.
I listen to uplifting music, not stuff that lowers you to some animal state.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Is Rock Music Leading America Into Lucifer's Kingdom?

First, there is no Lucifer and therefore, no such kingdom. Rock music is the result of free speech. Shall we burn the Constitution? or any other documents all over the world that allow for free thought?

What about rap music? Have you heard some of those words? I would think you would be more concerned about rap music. But again, free speech. Personally, I hate rap and thought it was going to be a fad when it first arrived. Was I ever wrong....

Wait...I'm sorry: Everything is a conspiracy and we are all going to hell. Well...except the Christians because they are right about everything.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I listen to uplifting music, not stuff that lowers you to some animal state.

Plenty of Rock music uplifts me too. Makes me feel alive not like an animal.

Again, if Rock music is leading you to temptation I think you need to look at yourself and not the influence.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Who's ANY TIME Slayer?:shk:

Are they like STRYPER? Don't see any yellow and black?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Yes. Slayer is EXACTLY like Stryper.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by OldThinker

Yes. Slayer is EXACTLY like Stryper.

Slayers passes out Bibles at their concert too? Just a joke!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join