Florida man held for threatening to assassinate Obama

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

MIAMI - A man is being held in Florida by federal authorities on charges of threatening to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Raymond Hunter Geisel was ordered held without bail Thursday at a brief court hearing.

The Secret Service says Geisel made the threat during a training class for bail bondsmen in Miami in late July. Another tipster said Geisel also threatened President Bush.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just goes to show you - be careful what you say these days, especially about official candidates. It could really come back to bite you in the @$$.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Very interesting... I have some really stupid friends that I hang out with on occasion and they love to be even more idiotic by "messing" with me (someone who understands that 'they' listen for certain phrases). They do this by saying crap like, "We should totally kill the..." cept they don't go off into periods. They actually say this crap. See to them it is all this big game and they don't believe that there are people listening. It has gotten me so heated at times that I have kicked them out of my house. Freakin' morons.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
More likely the guy will get off scott free. The secret service takes ALL threats serious.

The media keeps emphasizing the guy had a handgun and a machete when they captured him. I don't know why, seeing that this is so typical down here in Florida.

Now, if they found actual plans, that's a different story.

I may not like Obama, but taking someones life for stupid reasons is never justified. If there's evidence against this guy, I hope he rots in prison.

new topics

top topics

join